Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Child Marriage Laws: The Flip Side (Page 2)

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Suchi-NivReniac

THANK YOU VERY MUCHHH!!! 
mypoints EXACTLYYY

This is the reason why i am sooo UPSET at everyone and anyone who disses Anandi and call her dumb and all those rude names. 

because they are being cruel to the VICTIM not to the one who is the criminal. 

And yes Anandi is LUCKY to got a such a good family and a good example they are. As I mentioned that it is a Male Chauvinistic society so , they will tend to blame the female as many people do. 

And the interview of Jagya and Gauri , is exactly the proof of what people like Jagya do. Bring in the legality. No matter how many times the reporter said, so don't you think you have cheated on Anandi, they bring in the child issue and its legality. 

Bal Vivah, don't go together and all the other nonsense. Which is fine in technical terms but what abotu the girls who go through it!!????

what about them

yes exactly as many dear people who DISS Anandi might say, 

Let them go to hell or commit suicide. 

Where as Jagya can live off with Gauri happily and Anandi can become successful !????

IS that a solution? NO.

Anandi is going to be succesful becuase its a story and not a reality. 

She is one girl ( a character-not real-) who got is off lucky, even though she suffered A LOT!! She got to study!

Thank GOD for that. 

====
But the above article shouts out the point I am screaming about every time I post... Its not about the legality of the issue, its the very nature of the issue, that is the inhuman treatment of the girls who go through this.

Men Don't CARE , they will just move on and have a good life where as the girls suffer.

What did Jagya not get, 

He got a great family
money
career and now a 
great career oriented girl whom he chose after he DUMPED off Anandi like a doormat.

I am sorry Anand is NOT a doormat rather she is voice of all those poor girls who are going through this EVERY single day and instead of appreciating this fact that she is standing up and fighting, and instead of supporting her, the Jagya and Gauri marriage is supported.

Its an Insult to people like Anandi and people like Gauri. 

===== 
Classic example , even today Jagya tried to do the guilt trip on gauri as well.. "well you hid from me too" !? trying to justify what he did.

And thats what he is, a person who loves himself and no one else. 

=====

But honestly my heart cries out for such Poorrr girls 

:"( tears 

I just hope this criminality stops and people change and for the better. 

Find the solution for the issue not an easy escape root for perverts> ! who care about their lusts and ambitions. 

Suchi, I think the problem here is not that people call Anandi names but the fact that most feel that the CV's have turned her character from when she was young, bright, eager to learn and certainly more intuitive than anyone else in this serial to a girl who has chosen to give up her basis characteristics and her dreams. This has made a lot of viewers unhappy and angry for Anandi's sake not for any other reason..

Yes,... she is a victim as are all child brides, Gauri included. Through no fault of their own...most go through various kinds of trauma which is a result of this practice. This serial should have actually been aimed more for the parents than anyone else.

I think what the creatives are probably trying to show... and I agree these things happen in fiction (but we must remember that the only way to reach out to people through the TV medium is through fictionalized serials) is that Gauri despite her bad experience made something out of herself whereas Anandi did not...it is only a fictional comparison but one that might start some relevant viewers thinking...Don't you think??

As far as Jagya is concerned...I do not judge his reaction but the means he has used for his actions...and it has been attempted to show that even among the wealthy (as in the case of Jagya's family) there are those who realize right from wrong even if it is too late ...they try and correct it...Jagya as of now has been disinherited!!!

I do not believe all boys in such situations are guilty but I do believe that some semblance of balance should be brought in where even in such serials...both girls handle matters which gives a clear message ...and  those who have wronged  show  remorse.

Life has to go on in fiction and in reality...so I hope the CV's have enough sensitivity to handle what they have chosen to  portray in each character in a manner that is understood by most if not all.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rocksdivmathSuchi-

woman11 Goldie
woman11
woman11

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by andv

@the poster of the topic. Thank you so  much for all this information. Honestly until BV started I was unaware that Child marriage is still practiced in India. It is indeed a very sad state of affairs. These case studies that you have posted bring goose bumps to me. These young kids have to go through so much of physical and mental abuse. Its really sad.

So are these laws for child bride protection being currently reviewed? The suggestions that you have mentioned in your post if implemented might prove to be a blessing in disguise for these innocent girls. Is there a way to voice our support (through the internet)? If there is some website could you please post the same? thanks again.

@ andv: Thank you for your response. I am glad that many of us are concerned about the complexities of child marriages and want to take some steps towards it. Sadly enough, there are no legislative revisions regarding the current Child Marriage Act in India. More and more social researchers are coming up with studies that show how the act can actually serve as a loophole for men to exploit the child brides, leaving them with no recourse to law.

It is indeed a very sad state of affairs---the UNICEF and other global bodies of child welfare strictly prohibit child marriages and refuse to acknowledge anything related to an underage marriage. The Indian legal system seems to blindly follow the International regulations and are stubborn about rejecting any act of child marriage or consider the question of rights. But sadly enough, the truth is that thousands of young girls are still married off very early in India and are left without any legal security. I strongly believe that unless the Indian government succeeds to stop child marriages completely, it should make some provisions for the abandoned child wives to seek some legal respite and divorce rights from their husbands. Maybe once they are forced to take responsibility, the husbands and the families would feel discouraged to conduct the marriage in the first place.

I don't know of any particular organization that has taken up this issue with that much focus but individual studies are shouting for some action. Also this is a very sensitive matter since many people seem to claim that granting legal rights for child brides is equivalent to supporting the act of child marriage itself, and hence prefer to remain silent about this problem.  But things are not all that simpleOuch.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Serial-Addictandvgrouchosmartctiny15Suchi-khusi_*

khusi_* IF-Stunnerz
khusi_*
khusi_*

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
7 year old girl forced ...Shocked
OMG...actually unable to react properly on that!!!

according to the case 3...itis very common that the husband doesn't care about his wife(from child marriage)...which is jag doing rite now...ok so cvs r showing those real situations!!

i always had a complain that how could they show such type of insensitive attitute of jagiya towards everyone!!...ok fine i got my answer...those situations r very common!!Stern Smile...(though i still not able to relate to it...coz never saw this type of person in my life!!)

and one thing which is not common...anandi is getting support from her in laws...which is not really not possible in real life(according to the cases)...but that is the example cvs r trying to set that in laws should support their DILs!!

good!!!Thumbs Up

Edited by khusi_* - 03 June 2011 at 1:08am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Serial-Addictandvvivacious_priyatiny15Suchi-

vaibhi24 Newbie
vaibhi24
vaibhi24

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
I am totally agree with the facts Women11 given here. i have also worked with the women who faced these type of problems. But as suggested it is not easy to prevent child marriage by only applying different laws.
Every year so many children were married at aakha theej in Rajasthan. But its not only the problem of one state. there are many state who are facing child marriage. 

Some years back a local minister of Rajasthan married his underage daughter and when asked, he told that if he did not married his daughter now then after sometime he did not able to find a suitable boy in his caste for his daughter. 

I am also from Rajsthan and I know its not easy to change mind of a person set to a fixed point. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tiny15Suchi-

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vaibhi24

I am totally agree with the facts Women11 given here. i have also worked with the women who faced these type of problems. But as suggested it is not easy to prevent child marriage by only applying different laws.
Every year so many children were married at aakha theej in Rajasthan. But its not only the problem of one state. there are many state who are facing child marriage. 

Some years back a local minister of Rajasthan married his underage daughter and when asked, he told that if he did not married his daughter now then after sometime he did not able to find a suitable boy in his caste for his daughter. 

I am also from Rajsthan and I know its not easy to change mind of a person set to a fixed point. 

Which is my issue with this serial...it started with a message and because it was fiction they had a family with all its issues involved...BUT somewhere along the line the message has got lost and become just a serial where it is now a triangle in a household who may or may not accept what is happening.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Serial-Addictandvtiny15Suchi-

Blukitten IF-Sizzlerz
Blukitten
Blukitten

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:06am | IP Logged

let jag and gauri marry...Gauri is happy being his keep..I my openion 2nd wife's status is equivalent to a keep.

If gauri is happy getting a 2nd wife status after all this education I dont have any words for her.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tiny15

divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Suchi-NivReniac

Divmath, you are coming and starting an argument. 

I did not mean by you from the above statements. If you think otherwise again its really not my problem.

It seems like you have issues with every statement I make and you are thinking I am talking about you. And its not the case you have said so clearly that you want Anandi to be successful and if you hate her etc etc thats ur wish. 

But yes I have stated my opinion and I have full right to do so and I have not insulted anyone
So peace

Yeahh you did not mention mine or anybody else's names...but anyone reading the post would know the so called "generalized" statements are directed towards whom...well if I start making such "generalized" statements...then you guys will definitely have problems...but I dont do that...you know...I dont have issue with you...its your "generalized" posts that I find unacceptable...because even you know there is more to what meets the eye in these posts...

You have full right to state your opinion..I never said you dont...then similarly I also have full right to state mine...hope mods read this comment...so that in future...if "generalized" statements are made...no more warnings are given to any of us...
divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by niharika_n

let jag and gauri marry...Gauri is happy being his keep..I my openion 2nd wife's status is equivalent to a keep.

If gauri is happy getting a 2nd wife status after all this education I dont have any words for her.

Gauri is not a "Keep"...Gauri is Jagya's "LEGALLY wedded wife"...in fact Anandi now is his Ex wife/partner...in fact Anandi wasnt his wife at all...coz their marriage was "Illegal"

Go to top