Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

sunaina02

IF-Stunnerz

sunaina02

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 5:55pm | IP Logged
I do not like this extreme polarization of character in TV serials . The makers are again doing that  with Arnav and Khusi.. Painting them in black or white . They do not have the aptitude to build up a gray character .

Arre in real life we all are in shades of gray - some incline towards lighter and some towards darker shades.

So creatives expecting that as the story unfolds, you will bring out the angelic side of Arnav and devilish side of Khusi .Smile

The following 35 member(s) liked the above post:

-evanescence-gudia7tbpsgd3hhlCinderella100aewa-Swetha-ktmscinerariaMr.ZkIshrafan11angelirebelliSanliciousruexangelFallen Starash91Infofanmaris08Sofnamuskanp..Enchanteur..-Jahnvi-*Adorable_Anu*momma1128-SMay31-sonali.19281Ozymandiasloveaboveall.shootingstar.xxlostmymusic.anshranaz17555..-Jia-..HappyMelodykavya.bJennyPenny

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Polarization of Characters" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

maris08

IF-Rockerz

maris08

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
Well said Su.
Whats life without some negative qualities we possess, that gets manifested?
Yes its nice to see that opposite attract, but lets look at it this way, if Arnav is serious and methodical and ruthless and Kushi light hearted, kind and caring, then they are attracted to each other( Just as the story says).

If Arnav is more humane and gentle and ever  so cheerful and Kushi calm and composed and focussed, even then opposites attract.

Yes this jodi needs to be highlighted with  not only by their core characteristics, but also by their grey shades.

That way the CVS can be sure, that a jackpot has been hit and thereby the show a stupendous success.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Cinderella100ktmsMr.Zkash91Infofanmomma1128Prinsesse.Suvishootingstar.xxsunaina02

momma1128

IF-Sizzlerz

momma1128

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
CV's are you listening???????
Totally agree Su!
If the characters are portrayed in multicolored facets, the viewers will be able to connect and empathize much easier.

CV's if we start caring about your characters, we will tune in regularly... (my attempt at dangling carrot)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

cinerariaktmsmaris08ash91sunaina02

HappyMelody

IF-Stunnerz

HappyMelody

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
agree with u sunaina...

even i have da same pov with regard to characterization of shows cz it's high time CVs bring up real ppl on screen but da thing is indian soap makers are reluctant to showcase grey shaded characters for some unknown reason

maybe they fear of losing trp for showing da reality... 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sunaina02

ranbirkialliya

ranbirkialliya

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
i agree

naz17555

IF-Sizzlerz

naz17555

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 7:45am | IP Logged
Exactly! Was getting really annoyed with the IPK website where they have both the characters giving their takes on particular subjects!

Khushi is painted to be sooo goody goody and can do no wrong! I didnt like that at all! No ones perfect! Hope thats not how she really is! I wanna see her get pissed at things! rant and rave! whats the fun in watching someone do no wrong?!

As for Arnav his replies made me laugh! I actually agreed with afew!lmaooo

Hope the CV's dont make it so black and white like you've said! Esp khushi! we've seen waaay too many angelic GIRL characters on telly I wnat something different!

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

aewaangelirebelliPrinsesse.Suvimomma1128sonali.19281Ozymandias-SMay31-sunaina02..-Jia-..JennyPenny

ruexangel

IF-Dazzler

ruexangel

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Reading the info for this serial, + promos, i COMPLETELY agree... life is not black and white, and this story doesn't seem interesting enough with just someone who is sooo good, and someone who is sooo bad. Where are the mix of grays? Obvious the bad one will be changed to good in end...seems too predictable to me :S

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

angelirebelliPrinsesse.Suvi

Nymeria

IF-Sizzlerz

Nymeria

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 8:36am | IP Logged
They have completely stereotyped the two lead characters by totally polarizing them, you know  the whole thing where female lead gives lectures on "what is morally right or wrong" and takes on to a personal high priority mission to "change/ reform" the man  for the "greater good," and the typical male lead who doesn't believe in relationships and is an MCP on outside but from inside is the first one to fall for the "highly moral-ed" chick. by the way, in the end the female lead always succeeds in reforming the male lead. why can't it be the other way around? Why is it that only one way influence works?

Edited by Ramy25 - 03 June 2011 at 8:39am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

aewaangelirebellipsawyersunaina02

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.