Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Kismet Connections + theme tunes - 2 June (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 6

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 6
Page 5 Page 6

-Swetha-

Coolbie

-Swetha-

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:03am | IP Logged

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST

The Author have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to Members Only.

New Visitors Register Now to view the content of this post. As a member you will also be able to participate in our discussions and its FAST & FREE!

Members, please Sign-In.

If you are a member and already logged in. Please hit "Refresh" on your web browser as it might be showing you the cached copy (from previously saved file from Temporary Internet Files).

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

psawyer

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kismet Connections + theme tunes - 2 June (Page 4)" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sakshi_Deewani

IF-Rockerz

Sakshi_Deewani

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:48am | IP Logged
parvati type bhabiROFLROFLROFLROFL mera naam toh ram hain mujhe toh sita chahiyeROFL ram's hilariousLOL dat was so very sweet... n priya... hihihi: uske baato se toh lag raha tha koi buddha hi hogaROFL aww... poor ram... his priya is calling him buddhaROFL super duper cuteEmbarrassed
ok so they r finally meeting on mondayDay Dreaming i just hope they hv some arguments n a big fightLOL i wud love 2 c datEmbarrassed
thnx 4 da topic n da background scores Vasu.. love reading ur postsHug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92psawyer

NaughtyNihu

IF-Dazzler

NaughtyNihu

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 2:04am | IP Logged
hye thanks for the links!!!!

was looking for dem!!

psawyer

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Thanks guys - loved all your analyses and viewpoints Clap

Couple of things I picked up from your disussions: 

1. Cliches - I agree that many scenes in this past week have been very formulaic and cliched. The bathroom scene was one such scene - I found it slightly incredulous that a man would spill out his secrets to a closed door of a very public bathroom - I mean, it should have been obvious to him that perhaps Neha might not be in there, but that even if she was, there might be other women in there at the same time? If there were women in there other than Priya, that would have been a vaguely creepy scene. It was poor direction - and @divan, I went back and saw that scene again with a better video, and you were right, the cameraman had some fairly weird birds-eye angles in that shot; it looked like a quite obvious set and not a public restroom. 

Side note: The only other bathroom scene I've ever enjoyed was SO not a cliche and was an absolutely electric scene, once again because of the protagonists and their skills Embarrassed

2. miscasting of side characters - you know, I am somewhat surprised that EK has missed the mark on so many of these side characters. In the past, even her peripheral characters were much more solid actors and could very beautifully stand in the same frame as the excellent leads and match their acting skills. In KGGK and Kasamh Se, to take an example, we had actors like Achint Kaur, Ashwini Kalsekar, Tisca Chopra, and even Aruna Irani. Granted, these were much more than just random side characters who will probably be phased out as the show goes on, but they were capable of holding their own in a frame they shared with the lead actors. Here, I find myself very disappointed watching Priya's father or Ram's mother because, as Anu and others said, there is this emotionless void in those scenes - I can't figure out who they are, what their motivations are, whether they even believe what they are saying. Maybe this is all because they are to be phased out once RP get married, but at least in Ram's mother's case - it would have been better to get a seasoned actor so that they could at least stand up to the leads. I don't think taking other seasoned and well known K-actors would have detracted from the supposed "freshness" or down-to-earth quality of the show. 

3. the love lecture - I too am getting very tired of every single person RP meet, from their parents to friends to their neighbours' dogs, advising them to get married. We get it - you've bashed us over the head with it Ekta and once again I implore you to let the audience feel our own way through. Just as your lead characters are supposedly mature, so your audience is also mature and intelligent enough to know what you are implying without you spelling it out for us. As the King once sang, we need "a little less conversation, a little more action please" LOL

In general, I'm also feeling a little irritated by the general beating down of Priya's character and past. She's an unmarried 33 year old, she doesn't earn enough, her mother doesn't appreciate her, her ex-boyf refused to marry her, her best friend "stole him", her blind dates want younger women - STOP! Enough battering of Priya's character, we don't want to make her into this tragedy of a character. I like that she has a spine and a little bite, but I don't need to be knocked over by the writers in an attempt to make me feel sorry for her. Please give her something to be happy about in her life, something that doesn't involve Ram because what I don't want to see is that a woman's happiness is dependent on her husband. Give her a hobby, a great friendship, a passion - something. I think one week is enough to introduce us all to the sadness of these characters' lives - now let's buck up and move on to the good things. 

Edited by psawyer - 03 June 2011 at 2:59am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-shamma92*dewdrop~pearl*-Preeti--Faith-

__Shruti

__Shruti

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 4:25am | IP Logged
I loved the restaurant scene..n felt bad for RamCry And ya also that scene "Parvati type bhabhiLOL" . 

But m very excited for their meetingCool..n as expected their 1st meeting is gonna start with a fight..well I dont mind that...Takraar ke baad pyaar ka to alag hi mazaa haiBig smileEmbarrassed
The only thing I dont like is their family scenes..especially Priya's Mum & Dad r soo irritatingAngry

And thank you so much for the Song..Love the title track..Shreya's voice is wonderfulClapSmile

Edited by shruti.gupta25 - 03 June 2011 at 4:26am

shamma92psawyer

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 6:23am | IP Logged
I don't think the washroom was ever meant to look REALISTICConfused...lol...it's a set...it's OBVIOUS...just like all of Ekta's "club" and "restaurant" sets are OBVIOUS that they are SETS...not actual locationsLOL...I didn't mind the camera angles in that shot...I've seen far more fake looking "washroom" sets in Ekta shows...this was actually not that bad.

I'm just getting quite tired of the "find a pyar karne wala/waali" lectures...I feel like groaning each time I see Priya's wet blanket dad show up cuz I KNOW what he'll talk about...ek hi frequency hai us radio station ki and ditto for Vikram...this is all getting veryyy repetitive now and there are only so many ways in which these two can keep harping on the same topic...enough already...4 epis are more than enough...

Hoping things pick up with RP finally meeting and their interactions/clashes thereafter.

It is interesting though to me how Ram can be so soft in some scenes...fantastic emoting by Ram the actor and then when he goes into his ruthless mode, it's such a contrast...precap shows a Ram more in his ruthless, who dared to mess with me mode...not a good timing for this accident either since he was on the way to his father's barsi...ab toh solid fight honi hi hai b/w him and PriyaLOL

shamma92-Faith-

SuganthiS

Goldie

SuganthiS

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 6:41am | IP Logged

I also thought that the washroom looked alright, didn't think about it being a set. Priya's father and Ram's friend Vikram...they have become like broken records.LOL If I were Priya or Ram, I would run the opposite direction if I see these 2.

Ram in both his ruthless and soft mode is superb. Monday will be the ruthless mode, I think. In fact, in the story concept given on the Sony website, it says...Neither Ram nor Priya ever thought that they could get married eventually until that moment when destiny bumps them into each other through a minor car accident which hurts their egos more than their vehicles..

Edited by SuganthiS - 03 June 2011 at 6:41am

AreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 6:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SuganthiS

I also thought that the washroom looked alright, didn't think about it being a set. Priya's father and Ram's friend Vikram...they have become like broken records.LOL If I were Priya or Ram, I would run the opposite direction if I see these 2.

Ram in both his ruthless and soft mode is superb. Monday will be the ruthless mode, I think. In fact, in the story concept given on the Sony website, it says...Neither Ram nor Priya ever thought that they could get married eventually until that moment when destiny bumps them into each other through a minor car accident which hurts their egos more than their vehicles..

I totally agree...he is superb in both modes...I'm so taken aback sometimes by how that softness comes into his eyes...such a fab actor he is, trulyClapClap...

Yep, Monday will be ruthless mode cuz as we've seen...Ram is a softie when it comes to his family and friends...but the moment something messes with him trying to do something family related or for his friends, his ruthless side comes out in full force...as was evident in the first epi with the way he didn't care about anything but getting that jewellery for his sister cuz she asked for it...and now Priya has inadvertently prevented him from reaching his father's barsi pooja...I'm sure he's going to end up saying a lot of hurtful stuff without cause and Priya too will sunaao him full on in responseLOLLOL...that's where they'll probably end up hurting each other's egos somehowLOL

shamma92-Faith-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.