Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Kismet Connections + theme tunes - 2 June (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
@Anjinie - I thought so too, but I'm curious to know why. Is it the similarity in age or something else? He had a really strange expression on his face in that scene, as if gauging her mood before speaking.  

@divan - lol, I like silk sarees too, they are very elegant. These days there are too many gaudy sarees around. 

@Natasha - thanks hun Hug yes, that Parvati bhabhi scene was a bit random but very funny. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kismet Connections + theme tunes - 2 June (Page 2)" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

suwas

IF-Dazzler

suwas

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Today episode simply rocked...Ram expressing is secret to Priya, Priya feeling the connection,both having totally opposite outlook towards things, Priya's mother proving to be real mother standing up to her .

The creatives should keep this up.

Waiting for Monday...the jodi meeting for the first time.

@kanta...people complain about everything being same in BT show & now you are complaining when they gave up BT style silk saress & heavy jewelery? Someone is going to be unhappy how much ever they try.LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92psawyer

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

Actually the first scene between Ram and Priya was a bit cleche, but the concept behind it was sweet...like how you end up telling your deepest secret to someone who is a total stranger, but couldnt have been anyone better than her Wink, as it makes more sense to share such thoughts/feelings with someone who would understand it, than someone who would just end up feeling sorry for you (and I REALLY doubt if Neha would have been the right person to share something so deep Confused)

And Priya isnt THAT innocent too Wink, she was nicely eavesdropping and listening to some stranger's "secret" LOL...and she also told her dad that she overheard this guy's secret "accidentally" LOL!

Actually dont you think Priya's dad's voice is a bit wierd and draggy Confused?!

Infact I really love this word "connection", actually this is one word which even I keep using, but lot of people tease me and call me "filmy" / "non-practical" Confused. What is so "filmy" or "non-practical" about this word Confused?! Yesterday Priya was only talking about "connection", but today's epi even demonstrated that for those who were confused or not sure about what connection is all about. She was actually able to feel a connection with this complete stranger. She dint know who he was or anything about him, inspite of which she connected to him instantly! And I could really feel Priya's mood lightening up after her "eavesdropping" session, and the thought that she is not alone and that there is nothing "abnormal" about the way she felt.

You know Vasu, WORD about the Dil movie LOL, infact that thought crossed my mind when I saw yesterday's precap itself LOL! I recollected the scene where Anupam Kher was wearing shorts and jogging lifting his knees upto his waist LOL!

Regarding Sakshi, I feel more than pretty, she is really ELEGANT. There is a certain elegance in everything she does, the way she talks, the way she carries herself, etc., and I really admire elegant ladies (only if I could be like that Angry!)

And Priya's mom's thought - that she can say anything "bitter" to her daughter, but if anyone else does that, she wont tolerate, is such a TYPICAL human nature...even my sis is like that - she thinks she can fight with me how much ever she wants, but if anyone else upsets me by fighting with me, she doesnt like it LOL!

Hmm, so her mom thinks it wouldnt be possible for Priya to find someone who is AS rich as her ex-bf is it, wait until the BUSINESS TYCOON Ram Kapoor comes into the picture Wink! And lets also see HOW content Shruthi would remain with her 2 BHK flat !

Hey Aparna - I agree, that first scene was cliche but as you said it had a nice fallout. It's kind of like that incidental date thing except neither of them have even seen each other LOL I also don't know if Neha was the right person to spill this secret to Confused but supposedly she and Ram are old college buddies, so much so that he calls her 'darling' - maybe she's not as annoying with him? Funny, if she knew him that well, why did she set him up with a bimbo?

Priya's father is terribly miscast; he sounds like a completely wet blanket. He looks and feels ineffectual - which, to be fair, might be the point we are meant to see. But as a confidante for Priya, he is sadly lacking; now it seems she doesn't even have Shruti (oh, how I get a thrill every time I write that LOL) on her side as she seems very bitchy and catty. I'm looking forward to seeing Karthik, Priya's brother as he might be the friend she needs...at least as long as she and Ram don't get together!

I also love the word connection used in this manner - it is so much more effective that using words like soulmate or love or whatever. It's not just about love, as Priya said; it is not necessary for her to love someone but it is necessary for there to be this connection, this tug-and-pull...this feeling of apnapan. I don't at all think the word is filmy or non-practical. I think people can have connections with those they don't even have relationships with. Like you said, a simple moment of a similar emotion created a connection between these two strangers that may never be realised. Of course it will, since this is a show, but in real life, these two could just be strangers passing each other in the night, building a momentary connection based on a shared experience and gaining strength from that, only to move on in their own lives and never meet again. Certainly that is more powerful than any ordinary "love at first sight" type scenario!

Ah yes - Anupam Kher and Saeed Jaffrey in their "jogging clothes" LOL I really loved this film, and Anupam Kher was hilarious LOL

You are spot on about Sakshi - she is so elegant. It's...hard for me to explain, and I don't want to sound like a lovestruck fangirl (which I am LOL), but she has this grace, this femininity that no matter what she wears, how much or little make-up she applies...she stands out. She sparkles in every frame. As you say, she carries herself and her clothes so well that she always looks perfect for that part. 

I did like Priya's mom more in this episode than the previous few - for exactly that reason. She at last showed some sense of love and pride towards Priya and fought for her against the world, in whatever small way. Many people I know are like her - I suppose in families we have this haq that we can say anything to our loved ones and (almost) get away with it, but no outside is allowed to say the same thing. It is a very natural aspect of humanity, which is why I am glad they made the mother character a little more three-dimensional. Whereas Ram's mother seems to be stuck in her evil-face rut so far. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92*dewdrop~pearl*divan-Faith-

divan

IF-Rockerz

divan

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
Todays epi:  aaj kistmat konnection missed hogaya...but their Monday to come yet!

Good: Ram apni dil ki baate ek ajnabi ko bol di
         Priya forgot her crying and started to smile
         Ram exercising...my cute motumaster actually walking his butt off
         Good, priya's mom, minus the makeup, really looks mumsy.

Bad:  Shruti asking Priya about Vishal, did the guy not have the courtesy to tell you that Priya is not my type.  I mean they must have been standing outside if they were not inside the restaurant or the washroom.  Priya and her dad look like a couple. :no: Bad casting. Also Ram's mumsy looks way too young.  What his dad married her when Ram was 30?

Bad: Priya's dad grilling Priya about her date.
       Vikram screaming at my motumaster.
       Mother upset at being called aunty, what did she expect, you have a 30 year old daughter.
       The lift getting stuck, funny how Ashwin is without wife and when they get out the wifey is there.  Wouldn't they leave their house together, if they are going out together.

Mystery: When did Priya's mom buy a car?  Why did she use a rickshaw to take her butiful daughter to a pageant?

What do we have to look forward to:  meri gari, teri gari se takrayi...hai Darling...aaj lag gaya chance...Daaarrrling
Ankhon se aankhe char karne do...haye...I am never going to get this song out my head now...its going to buzz in my head whenever my cute motumaster comes on the screen.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

halifax004shamma92ssroomanipsawyer

Snowwhite50

Groupbie

Snowwhite50

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 6:40pm | IP Logged
Ya true 4th episode was Good.
I was enjoying PARVATHI TYPE BABHI scene
Also Ram talking to priya
Wrinkle scene
sun rise scene
SO Outsanding episode
except lift scene
I WAS VERY MUCH DEPRRESED BY WATCHING THE SECOND EPISODEPriya's maa is ok but Hate RAM'S maa i haaattteee her
Angry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

psawyer

shamma92

Goldie

shamma92

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
Loved today's episode!! (Not that there's gonna be an episode that I don't love!  Laugh ) 

First of all when Ram told Priya his life story I was like awww...just wanted Priya to open the door and see him!! And then when she ran past her friends to find the man of her dreams...and the part where they are walking...once again missing each other :anger: typical Ekta!! Although the way the showed the differences and similarities was nice and OMG looollled soo much at the Parvati bhabhi scene!!!!   LOL  they had to bring parvati bhabhi in after shruti, it was obvs!! Loved it, of course you can't have parvati bhabhi Ram, she belongs only to Om but you can have Priya!   Laugh Thought Priya and her mum's interaction was really good as well in today's episode!! Priya looked so sad when her mum said that the reason she's still single is because she never cared about her appearance but glad that her mum also showed realisation on her face re how much she had hurt Priya and when she came to Priya's rescue from Shruti, who I agree does have Priya's best interests at heart but the way she was rubbing it in/making Priya 'aware' that he was her husband was totally inappropriate! Anways, back to the point...loved the way Priya's mum came to her rescue and said to Priya that no one has the right to taunt, glad that Priya said that to her mum! Shows that yeah she does care about what her family thinks of her and she's not going to take it all lying down although I think her mum's answer was quite right as well...my mum also says the same thing to me, that she can say what she wants to me as she's my mum but no one else is going to say it for my benefit, it will be to taunt! Finally, Priya's mother is showing motherly emotions!  Clap Can't wait for Monday now!! Finally Raya will meet and the asli kahaani shuru!!!  Clap

psawyer

shamma92

Goldie

shamma92

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

Actually the first scene between Ram and Priya was a bit cleche, but the concept behind it was sweet...like how you end up telling your deepest secret to someone who is a total stranger, but couldnt have been anyone better than her Wink, as it makes more sense to share such thoughts/feelings with someone who would understand it, than someone who would just end up feeling sorry for you (and I REALLY doubt if Neha would have been the right person to share something so deep Confused)

And Priya isnt THAT innocent too Wink, she was nicely eavesdropping and listening to some stranger's "secret" LOL...and she also told her dad that she overheard this guy's secret "accidentally" LOL!

Actually dont you think Priya's dad's voice is a bit wierd and draggy Confused?!

Infact I really love this word "connection", actually this is one word which even I keep using, but lot of people tease me and call me "filmy" / "non-practical" Confused. What is so "filmy" or "non-practical" about this word Confused?! Yesterday Priya was only talking about "connection", but today's epi even demonstrated that for those who were confused or not sure about what connection is all about. She was actually able to feel a connection with this complete stranger. She dint know who he was or anything about him, inspite of which she connected to him instantly! And I could really feel Priya's mood lightening up after her "eavesdropping" session, and the thought that she is not alone and that there is nothing "abnormal" about the way she felt.

You know Vasu, WORD about the Dil movie LOL, infact that thought crossed my mind when I saw yesterday's precap itself LOL! I recollected the scene where Anupam Kher was wearing shorts and jogging lifting his knees upto his waist LOL!

Regarding Sakshi, I feel more than pretty, she is really ELEGANT. There is a certain elegance in everything she does, the way she talks, the way she carries herself, etc., and I really admire elegant ladies (only if I could be like that Angry!)

And Priya's mom's thought - that she can say anything "bitter" to her daughter, but if anyone else does that, she wont tolerate, is such a TYPICAL human nature...even my sis is like that - she thinks she can fight with me how much ever she wants, but if anyone else upsets me by fighting with me, she doesnt like it LOL!

Hmm, so her mom thinks it wouldnt be possible for Priya to find someone who is AS rich as her ex-bf is it, wait until the BUSINESS TYCOON Ram Kapoor comes into the picture Wink! And lets also see HOW content Shruthi would remain with her 2 BHK flat !

Hey Aparna - I agree, that first scene was cliche but as you said it had a nice fallout. It's kind of like that incidental date thing except neither of them have even seen each other LOL I also don't know if Neha was the right person to spill this secret to Confused but supposedly she and Ram are old college buddies, so much so that he calls her 'darling' - maybe she's not as annoying with him? Funny, if she knew him that well, why did she set him up with a bimbo?

Priya's father is terribly miscast; he sounds like a completely wet blanket. He looks and feels ineffectual - which, to be fair, might be the point we are meant to see. But as a confidante for Priya, he is sadly lacking; now it seems she doesn't even have Shruti (oh, how I get a thrill every time I write that LOL) on her side as she seems very bitchy and catty. I'm looking forward to seeing Karthik, Priya's brother as he might be the friend she needs...at least as long as she and Ram don't get together!

I also love the word connection used in this manner - it is so much more effective that using words like soulmate or love or whatever. It's not just about love, as Priya said; it is not necessary for her to love someone but it is necessary for there to be this connection, this tug-and-pull...this feeling of apnapan. I don't at all think the word is filmy or non-practical. I think people can have connections with those they don't even have relationships with. Like you said, a simple moment of a similar emotion created a connection between these two strangers that may never be realised. Of course it will, since this is a show, but in real life, these two could just be strangers passing each other in the night, building a momentary connection based on a shared experience and gaining strength from that, only to move on in their own lives and never meet again. Certainly that is more powerful than any ordinary "love at first sight" type scenario!

Ah yes - Anupam Kher and Saeed Jaffrey in their "jogging clothes" LOL I really loved this film, and Anupam Kher was hilarious LOL

You are spot on about Sakshi - she is so elegant. It's...hard for me to explain, and I don't want to sound like a lovestruck fangirl (which I am LOL), but she has this grace, this femininity that no matter what she wears, how much or little make-up she applies...she stands out. She sparkles in every frame. As you say, she carries herself and her clothes so well that she always looks perfect for that part. 

I did like Priya's mom more in this episode than the previous few - for exactly that reason. She at last showed some sense of love and pride towards Priya and fought for her against the world, in whatever small way. Many people I know are like her - I suppose in families we have this haq that we can say anything to our loved ones and (almost) get away with it, but no outside is allowed to say the same thing. It is a very natural aspect of humanity, which is why I am glad they made the mother character a little more three-dimensional. Whereas Ram's mother seems to be stuck in her evil-face rut so far. 

Hey Vasu...totally understand what you are saying there!!! I feel EXACTLY the same way...Sakshi is pretty and soo elegant (wish I was LOL) Whatever she wears, however she looks, she looks soo good!!

Edited by shamma92 - 03 June 2011 at 8:00pm

divan

IF-Rockerz

divan

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by suwas

Today episode simply rocked...Ram expressing is secret to Priya, Priya feeling the connection,both having totally opposite outlook towards things, Priya's mother proving to be real mother standing up to her .

The creatives should keep this up.

Waiting for Monday...the jodi meeting for the first time.

@kanta...people complain about everything being same in BT show & now you are complaining when they gave up BT style silk saress & heavy jewelery? Someone is going to be unhappy how much ever they try.LOL

Suwas no...I am not complaining, actually I like Sakshi in kurtis and suits, cause that is how a lot of women dress now days.  Fancy sari and jewellery should be for parties and special occasion only.  I am just talking about in real life.  You hardly see anyone wear silks these days...more so us Indians that up north.  Those from the south still prefer silk.  Actually one of my teacher is Sri Lankan and she is getting married and she told me that they actually have a special silk sari made for to wear in her wedding and I thought that was very interesting...especially it is gifted to the girl by her parents.

psawyer

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.