Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Okay, so four episodes in and how are we doing? First two eps brought my expectations right down to earth but the third episode went some way to bringing them back up a little bit. 

In today's ep, I'm so glad the galat-faimi - and the whole "darling, darling" thing -  wasn't prolonged too much - and we got straight down to the heart of the show - Ram and Priya. Contrived as the scene might be, I loved it. This Ram who is always laughing and joking in front of his friend Vikram, his family - the only person he can open up to is Neha (he thinks). But what he ends up doing is confessing his deepest, darkest secret to the one girl who can understand exactly what he is going through. I really felt for Ram in this scene - when he said that despite everything, he gets jealous too. 

One thing I really liked was how his emotional speech not only gave encouragement to Priya, but also cheered her up - to the point that she had practically forgotten about Vishal EmbarrassedLOL She went into that bathroom to cry and came out with a spring in her step. This sense of camaraderie that she felt with a stranger on the other side of the door - someone she has never met but who feels the way that she does...this was a lovely way to bolster her confidence back up. This is the kind of connection she was talking about in yesterday's episode, and it was a million times better than her standing in some crowd thinking it to herself with a morose look on her face. 

Ram and his bodyguards scene - anyone remember the movie Dil?? LOL

LMAO @ "Parvati type bhabhi" ROFL Yeah Ekta, we get it ROFL btw, Ram, us Kahaani veterans know that Parvati and Om were the Ram-Sita of their show LOL so it is possible for a Ram to marry a Parvati WinkLOL

What does Priya's papa do apart from follow her around to yoga classes and on long walks?! Angry
"Ek hi toh sapna hai mera..." - yeah, where was your sapna ten years ago? Useless man. When is Priya's brother showing up?

Loved Priya's description of love, as imagined by her, and by the rest of the world. And I loved her acceptance that there are other people like her in the world and that perhaps she is supposed to meet one of them. 

Again, liked the contrast between Priya and Ram, with the example of the sunrise. And that song is so damn lovely, I could just listen to it on a loop all day Day Dreaming will be ripping that today LOL

Are you there, Ekta? We want a FULL LENGTH VERSION sung by Shreya Ghoshal pretty pleaaase! LOL

Most of that family scene was so filler...but that one bit where Priya's mom showed Priya her wrinkles reminded me sorely of my own mother LOL Loved Priya's reaction to that - why would a laundry guy even bother to look at her like that. But how quickly did that scene turn so awful?! What kind of mother talks to her daughter like that? It's not even that Priya isn't beautiful - just because she doesn't sit around the house applying face masks. 

That scene between Ram and his mother was very...weird. There were some serious undertones to that scene that should be explored slowly - both Ram and his mother had weird looks on their faces. Methinks that Ram is not all happy-happy with his stepmother and that even he knows something is up. 

So, Priya goes straight from a hurtful scene with her mother into a lift with a guy who has obviously hurt her before. And then the highly typical lift breakdown Ermm...sigh...cliche, cliche, cliche. That goodness it didn't last too long. I wonder why Priya is still friends with his wife. Not a very good one, it seems - yesterday she seemed very friendly; today there was a distinctly catty vibe. Made me think that maybe she had engineered yesterday's meeting with that awful guy simply to set Priya up to that scene. 

Despite the earlier scene, I liked Shipra standing up for Priya in her own distinct way; at least we know she's not totally indifferent to her elder daughter. What makes me wonder is that though she today acknowledges that Priya  gave up Ashwin to take care of her family, a few days ago she was totally dismissive of Priya's sacrifices. But THANK GOD that Priya called her up on it! ClapClap I wasn't sure that she would - her being of the mahaan K-serial ilk - but I loved that even a little bit of her anger came out. 

The rest of the scene between Priya & her mother was very nice. Went some way to redeeming Shipra. LOL @ her imitation of Shruti. LOL She's a materialistic woman, but her heart is in the right place after all. Though it annoyed me how she kept veering from "wait till you get married, I will make sure your hubby has the best car, the most money etc" to "teri kismat mein badi ghadi na sahi etc"...make your mind up, woman - which is it?

Uh oh - I guess this accident was per the synopsis of the show before it aired. Is this their first meeting? I'm intrigued. 

A decent fourth episode - with its cliche moments intact but again with a simplicity in certain scenes - like the walk and discussion of the sunrise. Though Vikram and his constant "shaadi karle! You need a jeevan sathi!" jaap is still annoying me. But at least there was no Neha today LOL

P.S - so I ripped the new instrumental from today's episode and thought of adding both tunes here. 

Title track - 1 June: 

zshare: balh title track version 1.mp3 - 0.51MB
badongo: http://www.badongo.com/audio/25455544
mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?zaafv5fbcjz6mt6

Dheere Dheere - 2 June:

badongo: http://www.badongo.com/audio/25455543
mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t3jmf2cbdh2xnv7

Enjoy Tongue

Edited by psawyer - 02 June 2011 at 4:01pm

The following 43 member(s) liked the above post:

ahutashrutireddygr8__Shruti-Swetha--Preetz--sahasra-Sphallolaliashamma92--SHWETA--muaazhalifax004-SharNeela-AnushaachumenNaughtyNihuhamzanuhaanizorPooja_219have-a-dreamShahara3MMBGBingeSakshi_Deewani-Carrie-ssroomanifuzzyfacewadi..dollpoetic*dewdrop~pearl*-Preeti-MysticNightsnyctophilia-Faith-Kai.-purnima-Sandstonekavya.b.AngelMrs. SIRSamraat_92SunShine_AHowlariousAreYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kismet Connections + theme tunes - 2 June" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

divan

IF-Rockerz

divan

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Ok I have only watched a bit of the first part, but I gawked when the cameramen zoomed up from Priya over the open ceiling to the other side where Ram was and thought...ugh what was the director doing when the cameraman did this tacky shot...sleeping. Bhai they are in a restaurant disguise it as such don't let us know its shot in the studio.

by the way Ekta should market Priya's makeup you know, after splashing with tons of water and dabbing with a face cloth, its still immaculate.  She would make tons of money and use that to hire, better side actors, writers, directors etc.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

halifax004shamma92Sphallolaliahamzanuhaanizor-purnima-psawyer

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
@divan - the video I watched was very disjointed for that first part, so I think I missed that spectacular camera angle Confused LOL

As for Priya's makeup - at least she's not wearing blinging gold jewellery and a heavy Kanjiveram saree at a restaurant. Just be thankful for that LOL

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

ReeshAxym__Shrutishrutireddygr8-Swetha-Sphallolaliamuaazhalifax004shamma92hamzanuhaanizorBingeSakshi_Deewani*dewdrop~pearl*Kai.-Faith-Samraat_92AreYaar

Anjinie

IF-Dazzler

Anjinie

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Maybe Ram is uncomfortable calling her mum

divan

IF-Rockerz

divan

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
I miss silk saris, hardly anyone wears them these days.  Shadis are full of women wearing often...gaudy and glitzy Georgette.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92SphallolaliaBingepsawyer

Sandstone

IF-Sizzlerz

Sandstone

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
Vasu jus love reading your post me love todays epiBig smile

I was laughing when parvati bhabhi scean was going onROFL

we understand what ekta want to say and i love that mother and daughter scean Embarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92anizorSamraat_92

*dewdrop~pearl*

IF-Rockerz

*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Actually the first scene between Ram and Priya was a bit cleche, but the concept behind it was sweet...like how you end up telling your deepest secret to someone who is a total stranger, but couldnt have been anyone better than her Wink, as it makes more sense to share such thoughts/feelings with someone who would understand it, than someone who would just end up feeling sorry for you (and I REALLY doubt if Neha would have been the right person to share something so deep Confused)

And Priya isnt THAT innocent too Wink, she was nicely eavesdropping and listening to some stranger's "secret" LOL...and she also told her dad that she overheard this guy's secret "accidentally" LOL!

Actually dont you think Priya's dad's voice is a bit wierd and draggy Confused?!

Infact I really love this word "connection", actually this is one word which even I keep using, but lot of people tease me and call me "filmy" / "non-practical" Confused. What is so "filmy" or "non-practical" about this word Confused?! Yesterday Priya was only talking about "connection", but today's epi even demonstrated that for those who were confused or not sure about what connection is all about. She was actually able to feel a connection with this complete stranger. She dint know who he was or anything about him, inspite of which she connected to him instantly! And I could really feel Priya's mood lightening up after her "eavesdropping" session, and the thought that she is not alone and that there is nothing "abnormal" about the way she felt.

You know Vasu, WORD about the Dil movie LOL, infact that thought crossed my mind when I saw yesterday's precap itself LOL! I recollected the scene where Anupam Kher was wearing shorts and jogging lifting his knees upto his waist LOL!

Regarding Sakshi, I feel more than pretty, she is really ELEGANT. There is a certain elegance in everything she does, the way she talks, the way she carries herself, etc., and I really admire elegant ladies (only if I could be like that Angry!)

And Priya's mom's thought - that she can say anything "bitter" to her daughter, but if anyone else does that, she wont tolerate, is such a TYPICAL human nature...even my sis is like that - she thinks she can fight with me how much ever she wants, but if anyone else upsets me by fighting with me, she doesnt like it LOL!

Hmm, so her mom thinks it wouldnt be possible for Priya to find someone who is AS rich as her ex-bf is it, wait until the BUSINESS TYCOON Ram Kapoor comes into the picture Wink! And lets also see HOW content Shruthi would remain with her 2 BHK flat !

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 02 June 2011 at 2:52pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha--SharNeela-shamma92hamzanuhawadi..dollBinge-Carrie-Sakshi_DeewaniSmritiKathaSamraat_92psawyer

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
P.S - so I ripped the new instrumental from today's episode and thought of adding both tunes here. 

Title track - 1 June: 

zshare: balh title track version 1.mp3 - 0.51MB
badongo: http://www.badongo.com/audio/25455544
mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?zaafv5fbcjz6mt6

Dheere Dheere - 2 June:

badongo: http://www.badongo.com/audio/25455543
mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t3jmf2cbdh2xnv7

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ReeshAxymahuta-Swetha--Preetz-Sakshi_Deewani*dewdrop~pearl*-Faith-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.