Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Paramore thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
i also loved the part when Kabir hesitantly asks for his grandson he looked so cute there that i wanted to go into the screen and hug him and takes him in his arms so happily awww i loved that scene...he was perfect!
veil_of_roses thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wednesday's epi had more impact than Thursday...i think mainly bcoz vicky's character...i cudnt connect with him...i really like kavi shastri...he was awesome in rishta.com bt was BAD in kismat...his dialog delivery n all didnt work for me...
vicky disappointed me a lot...
i wish zulekha had taken over marchant industry's chairman position...
n vicky nawab's hotel business...bt may tht wud be predictable
i guess they wanted to show new generation n how kids dont take up their family business any more...
@jaya i also wanted mini n ARM to reconcile b4 ARM's death...   
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Maya...100% agree with what you said about both Wednesday and Thursday.

"
Emotions need not be always deafening."...I think this line of yours best describes this show. They left a lot of things unsaid and despite all my issues with the show, that was my favorite part of the show. I loved that they did not take a sequence way to seriously like most shows on TV...they treated their audience intelligently and did not spoon feed us.
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Maya--- WORD to everything you said about the finale episodes and about emotions expressed without words. It was evident through their facial expressions, through their gestures and body language.

@Jaya--- They did treat the viewers intelligently and that is what i liked about the show.
Isn't it time already for some change in the shows on tv?I mean how long can you watch the same old "love stories" and "damsel in distress" shows on every darn channel? What about devoting a couple of channels for intelligent shows like this one? If they start bringing such shows more frequently and promote it well, then who knows the viewers might actually adapt to the change?
There are many other books out there that can be adapted in to shows.
Some more thoughts:

Earlier I was annoyed with the children for being so detached from their fathers esp. Vicky. Comparatively Zulekha had more spark and concern. But in the finale, finally everything got sorted out in the most realistic way. I don't like perfect endings. In life you have remorse, pain and regrets. Uncle Vish is the nicest human being and yet he lost his only daughter much earlier in life, got dementia and suffering later in life. It's just the way of life.

It is commendable that Vicky and Zulekha started from scratch and yet found their success. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Vicky has Aditya Raj's acumen, erudition and lineage. Zulekha has Kabir's acumen and now she has lineage and erudition too that Kabir's lacked. Kavya (Kabir+Aditya) has the perfect lineage.

Aditya Raj was proud of his son's achievement before his end. Similarly, Kabir too was proud of his daughter. That's where it matters, our parents accepting and respecting us for our decisions. I can relate to that now.
It was good to see Vicky taking control of Merchant Empire and finding his own Uncle Vish in Mr. Menon. There are many examples in real life where the scion started elsewhere and later joined the company. It was nice seeing Zulekha in Aditya Raj's library instead of Vicky. Zulekha is a perfect fit into the Merchant family. It was fate's (kismat) pleasant surprise to Aditya Raj in a way for helping Kabir in the start. He got Kabir's brilliant daughter to look after his son and empire. She's more capable of the two.

Despite Aditya Raj's passing, the show ended on a subtle happiness. You win some, you lose some. That's life.
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Ahhh Maya...agree again! I loved the scene with Zulekha being all comfortable in the library and then running out with the joy of a child upon hearing her father had come to visit...it made me teary. Similarly...Kabir's face when Lubna touches his "kada-less" wrist made me teary. Kabir's expressions on learning Aditya was his benefactor made me teary. I don't know why...yesterday was more emotional for me. On Wednesday...when Sapna sat down in the chair opposite Aditya, it made me teary. The finale was simply perfect...it was very "Kismat"-like!
Nymeria thumbnail
^Maya, Couldn't have said it better!👍🏼
It was indeed a happy ending even though it wasn't the stereotypical "happy" ending that you expect  in disney movies/ Chris Columbus movies or most indian shows. It was an appropriate ending that actually gave the viewers some sort of closure with the end of the show.

@Vicky-ARM-- even though we never got to see a moment where they meet and reconcile, ARM's talk with Sapna and his smile made it clear that he had reconciled with his son and his DIL and was actually proud of her (as told by Sapna). As you mentioned earlier, sometimes it's better to leave it unsaid for the audiences. Not everything needs to be explicitly showed out to the viewers.

@Jaya-- both the episodes of the Finale were very well executed and written. I think i'm content with what they gave us. Yeah we still had some more expectations here and there, but it wasn't disappointing.

I would totally recommend this show to anyone who's looking for some good show.
Edited by Ramy25 - 12 years ago
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Amy...yup...the last two episodes made me happy! Very well done overall! Now I feel like a show orphan! 😆 I wandered over to the BLAH...sorry BALH and Navya forums...too much of the usual fan discussions going on. I am going to miss this type of conversation!
Nymeria thumbnail
Oh yeah Jaya, it's so darn difficult to find a forum like this one where there are actually discussions instead of "praiseworthy" posts. I don't interact much on other forums either except post in one or two of sensible posts that i might come across once in a while. I guess till then we have those CCs.😆
Paramore thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i'm sickened that shows like Kismat are on 30th rank or above!!! and shows like Saathiya on number 3!!!! have you ever seen the show! its like the most dumb serial on the history of worldwide television!!!