Kismat

FINAL EPISODE TODAY - LET'S SHARE OUR FEELINGS

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Nandita5

Nandita5

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 2:28am | IP Logged
Today will see the end of a really good show titled Kismat and will also see the end of two characters Aditya Raj Merchant and Nawab Kabir Khan, who all their lives had been at loggerheads with each other. The reason being they both had massive egos, which made them do things they should not have done.

Here is my take on the show:

First of all let me tell u all that I loved this show. Reason was it was based on a totally different concept and was very well done.

What to say about the story/concept of the show. We all know it was based on Jeffrey Archer's novel Kane and Able. So although I can't say it was their original concept, yet I can say there was originality in the treatment given to it.

Next I would like to mention the characters. They were so well etched out that I at least began to relate with each and every one of them. The ultra-sophisticated ARM, the not so classy Nawab Kabir Khan, who came from humble beginnings and ruthlessly made his way to the top. ARM's grand mother was also a character to reckon with.  Then there was Uncle Vish, Lubna, Vicky and Zulekha. please forgive me but I have mentioned only the main ones. But this does not mean the other characters were badly portrayed. All were beautifully portrayed, (I just don't want to make the post long and boring).

The actors should also be remembered. all actors performed their part beautifully...For example, Viraf Patel, Rahul Bagga and each and every other actor...I simply can't remember all the names so excuse me please...all the characters lived their roles and acted perfectly to the Tee. 

The BG score was also light instead of going Dhang dhang all the time. ...the sets and locations were perfectly in tandem with the years they pertained to.

If there was just one thing I found problematic it was that the number of episodes given to the show was very less. This show covered a life-span of 60 years, and as it had to be finished in a given number of episodes they had to rush over decades. Such a show should have 100 or more episodes. But unfortunately it is only baseless dramas that go on for 500 to1000 episodes while shows with a good story have to be ended soon. That's the tragedy of Indian TV.

I am sad to see the end of such a good show...but as they say all good things come to an end...so with this I bid adieu to the show and the forum also. Another thing that has upset me id s that this forum was also not very active while the show was on. But whatever little interaction i had I enjoyed it because I was interacting with people who had a thought process similar to mine. So all the best to all of u on this forum...we still have one more day to go and I sincerely hope we meet again soon on another forum of another good sensible show like Kismat was. That is if it is in our Kismat to meet again we most definitely will. 

Please share your views on the show also. I would love to hear what all u viewers have to say about the show and feel free to criticise my take on it also if you think it deserves criticism.

Adios to all and Asta la Vista. (Hope I have got the second part correctly)

Edited by nanny25 - 02 June 2011 at 2:35am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

ubhandaribgoreusnidhijethoorenujatshrutireddygr8siyonaGreys_AnatomyThisismyIDprernacdaarabian_loveveil_of_rosesjassie_17Bingesmj1977.shruti

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "FINAL EPISODE TODAY - LET'S SHARE OUR FEELINGS" in Kismat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

renujat

renujat

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 3:58am | IP Logged

Dear nanny25, you have voiced your views in a beautiful manner. But i have a grudge, how could you forget to take Sapna's, badima's and Rao's name while mentioning the various characters.

Everyone has performed their role beautifully. I am waiting the episode tonight when Kabir will come to know of the help by ARM in his early days as a hotelier.

Let us all with that YR soons comes with part 2 of the same serial with Zulekha and vicky.

Thanks for the members of the forum.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

alita0siyonaNandita5Gauri22veil_of_rosesBingesmj1977.shruti

Nandita5

Nandita5

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 4:34am | IP Logged
I am so sorry but I did mention "all" other characters...just could not remember their name... all have been wonderful in their portrayals...loved them all and loved the show too...sorry if i have offended u...did not mean to...

ThisismyID

ThisismyID

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 10:26am | IP Logged
At my kind request- Plz  Xerox the above to YRF! : ) Thumbs Up hehe

And yea, i do hope we all can meet again and discuss some sensible, well made show ; )

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

alita0

Paramore

IF-Dazzler

Paramore

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
wow what can i say? i think it was the only indian drama with sense when my friends watched indian dramas i said they don't have sense but i was proved wrong with Kismat  fab show ,fab actors,fab characters and fab story line  but i must say i can't ever forget this story or the Nawab as he was closest to my heart being born without a mother ,living on streets,working hard to get what he deserved and finally living a painful life so he was very close to me i will always remember him in my heart to me Nawab shall never die but will be a part of me forever but yaar all i can say while crying that i will miss both of silly,cranky old men! :'( Cry ...i still can't believe its over...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

siyonaMehek25

renujat

renujat

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 1:06am | IP Logged
Dear nanny25,

i am not at all offended in any way. Just pointed out, pl forgive me for that if you felt in any way.  You have put a beautiful post and I really want to applaud you for that.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mehek25

poonambathija27

poonambathija27

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Hi ,
I fully agree with all of you...A VERY WELL MADE SERIAL unlike all the crap saas bahu and ekta kapoor's crap>>>!!!! 
Although i have never been an avid viewer of all those shows...This serial came across as such a refreshing change...WISH YRF makes many more shows like this...
Hats off to the entire Production team and ALL the actors who were a part of it...they all have portrayed the characters so well...
MY FAVOURITE  WILL ALWAYS BE ADITYA RAJ CHOPRA...CLASSY, SAUVE AND A THOROUGH GENTLEMAN...
wish them all the best for future

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.