Bahut zyada...

monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 05 January 2006 at 3:00pm | IP Logged

Bahut zyada...

All smiles: Manoj Bajpai with Ravindra Vats

Meet Ravinder Vats, the highest prize-winner on Indian TV

It might not be able to beat KBC in terms of viewership ratings. But Kam Ya Zyada has a contestant who walked home with a cool crore and a half rupees… a first of sorts in the Indian television industry. The lucky man: 41-year-old businessman Ravinder Vats and the amount: Rs 1,56,80,000. A conversation with the man who entered the game show with dreams in his eyes:

No one in any game show has won the kind of money you've won. How does it feel?
It feels fabulous to have won so much money. For a middle-class man, to have acquired such a huge sum so suddenly feels incredible.

Did you enter the game show expecting to win?
Yes, I wanted to make some amount of money for sure but I never thought that I would've won so much!

Do you attribute your victory to luck or hard work?
I guess it was lots of luck coupled with a little effort that got me here. Besides that, it was the blessings of my guruji and prayers on part of my family really worked to my benefit.

What was the reaction of those around you when you were declared the winner?
Everybody was jubilant. Guests have been pouring in ceaselessly ever since. It has been a very happy affair.

How do you intend to spend it?
As soon as I get the cheque, I will give it to my guruji. He will keep whatever he wishes to. But I would really like to buy a Mercedes as it is my dream car. Getting a close relative's daughters married is also on my priority list.

* For a middle-class man, to have acquired such a huge sum so suddenly feels incredible— Ravindra Vats

source:-

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;articleid=152006231475781520062306984

Edited by monika.goel - 05 January 2006 at 3:02pm

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top