Story : On The Bank of River Jhilum

Posted: 12 years ago
friends..i love to read historical myths, fiction and stories...i am a crazy history lover after all๐Ÿ˜†..so in college days i read a bengali short story on the confrontation of cgm and sikandar..by our best historical fiction writer of bengal...i am trying to share it..with my very poor hindi and english๐Ÿ˜ญ..plzz pardon my language ok..๐Ÿ˜’

the name of the story was..
On the Bank of the River Jhilum

Index

Introduction

The story starts on the background of the famous war of Hidaspis...the war between Alexandar and Indian king Puru...all of us are aware about the result of which..here i should tell what does Hidaspis means...it is the famous river of India the Sanskrit name of which is Bitasta in the Greek pronunciation it became Hidaspis..but local people used to call her Jhilum till now..
         The war was going on its speed..at first Greek soldiers couldn't stand in front of the vast battalion of huge elephants so they retreated..but Greek horseriders were famous for their speed and their diplomatic  strategy and who doesn't know that speed wins everywhere...so at last Alexandar won..though he was moved by the bravery of Hindu soldiers and accepted the truth that they never faced such a resistance in the whole journey of conquering the world that was made by the Indians..And he was so pleased by the kingly attitude and self-respect of king Puru that he freed him from imprisonment and gave back his kingdom by making him his representative.
           While the war was going on then two men used to observe the war thoroughly each and every turns and movements of the soldiers of both side day by day from a highland..One of them was an aged brahmin dressed like acharya..and another one was a young man dressed like a warrior..of course both of them are formerly known by us..they are none other than our respected acharya Chanakya and his obedient student our beloved Chandragupta.

Edited by jhum_86 - 12 years ago
Wow...Thanks for Sharing Arunita..This is so cool and interesting..It would be great to watch this fight between Alexander and Chandragupt on screen...Chanakaya made Chandragupt the person he is now..
Edited by shwetha85 - 12 years ago
thanx for sharing... 

i love watching historical shows a lot. so maybe this part will be seen later in the show๐Ÿ˜‰

i don't think there's anything wrong with your language...cheer up๐Ÿ˜ƒ
okk thanks for liking this should i continue it??r u interested in reading it??
Wow arunita. Love it. Yes continue it. Vry intrestng!
Please continue Arunita...I will be delightful to read it๐Ÿ˜Š
Part-1
          By watching own countryman's defeat on the hand of foreigners Chandragupta's young blood started to be heated..he was so excited that he was about to jump on the battlefield with the open sword on hand..but he couldn't be able as his acharya stopped him..possessing an inner sight acharya was able to realize the fact Greeks were unbeatable for their diplomatic strategy..his plan for observing the war was to make his student trained with those strategies..not to help the Pourabas in the war..because he can't lose CGM as this young warrior is chosen to fulfill a greater purpose ..a goal to make a united empire of Bharatvarsh..so he started to make him convinced
that why they should remain neutral.

CGM : hume mat rokiye acharya hum hindusthan ke mrittika pr yavan raja k vijaypataka urte hue nhi dekh sakte..hume Sikandar k virudh yudh karne k anumati dijiye..

C :     shant Chandragupt..tum ek mahan uddyeshya ko pura karne k lakshya mein aye ho aise uttejit hona tumhe shobha nhi dete

CGM : kaise uttejit na ho acharya??hum ek khatriya yodha hai ..humare ankhon ke samne yavan sena hamare logo k khun k holi khel rahe hai aur hum chup rahe?? dhikkar hai hum pr...

C:  niyati pr kisika bas nhi chalta ..aj yudh mein Sikandar k jeet nischit ho chuke hai..ab tumhare yogdan se kuch nhi badlega.

CGM : parantu acharya yudh ek khatriya ka dharm hai..har k darse hum apne dharm ko kaise bhul sakte hai...hamare khum mein yudh k unmadana nritya kr rahe hai hume jane ka aggya dijiye

C : bhawnao me behkr apne karm k marg se bhatakna dharm nhi adharm hote hai Chandragupt..hum jante hai tumhare shonit yudh k nam pr chanchal hue hai parantu ye mat bhulo k tumhare karm k paridhi is yudh se koi guna visal hai..tum jinhe apne desvasi bol rahe ho kya vo apne apko bharatvasi mante hai..janpad aur mahajanpat mein bate hue is visal des  ko ek sutra mein bandh na hi videsi satru o k samna krne ka ekmatra upay hai ..aur isi laksya pura krne k liye tumhe jeevit rehna padega..josh mein apna hons gawana tumhare liye uchit nhi hai..apna talwar koshbandh karo

CGM : ap satya keh rahe hai acharya ..hume hamare atmabismaran k lie kshama kare..ab hamara yudhbhumi mein ane ka uddesya pura ho chuke hai..hum ab ye drisya aur nhi dekh sakte chaliye hum Taksashila laut chalte hai

The Sun set in the western sky with the fate of Puru..then gradually darkness of the evening started covering the sky of the bank of Jhilam...both of them started to climb down from that highland and then suddenly some Greek soldiers caught them...Chanakya tried to proof that they were not in the army..they didn't take part in the war but soldiers were not convinced..acharya asked them to check CGM's sword as there was not a single spot of blood which is the sign of not taking part in the war..then the soldiers discussed something among themselves and said that they are ready to let C go as he is aged and unarmed..but being  dressed like a warrior and having the sword with him they won't leave CGM...they had to imprison him..they unarmed him and tried to tie his hands..CGM tried to resist..then C asked him not to do so..

C : Chandragupt vyarth pratirodh k kashish mein apne pran mat gawao..jao jake inke raja se vet karo..Sikandar samajhdar vyakti hai..tumhare baat sunke tumhe zaroor mukti denge...satark rehna parantu apne ap pr sanyam rakhna..bure wakt mein sanyam hi sahay hote hai

CGM : hum smaran rakhenge acharya..ap hamara chinta mat kijiye aur Takshila laut jaiye

acharya left..the Greeks tied CGM's hands and took him to Alexandar's camp.

Edited by jhum_86 - 12 years ago
thanx for sharing... 

ye dekhne me aur bhi maza ayega
wow Aru jii..even I've read that CGM used greek tactics to win a war...plzz continue soon๐Ÿ‘
thanx aru...keep updating...