Bade Acche Laggte Hai

BLAH - How to kill a good concept Ekta Style (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 10:13am | IP Logged
@psawyer

I wish Ekta would take someone from this forum as a consultant, or take a leaf out of SRK's book. Open a hotline or SMS service for people wanting to tell her whats the best way to handle her serials. Sometimes her attempts to bring in elements from the real world are so ridiculous that one feels insulted watching such fare.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Sphallolalianeets_ltlFishfishhamzanuhafuzzyfaceBingepsawyer

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "BLAH - How to kill a good concept Ekta Style (Page 2)" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Fishfish

IF-Dazzler

Fishfish

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Gangubai...very well written post, very apt too, you have a great sense of humour too, I just loved your tag line :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

scinerdBinge

Binge

IF-Rockerz

Binge

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 10:54am | IP Logged
I agree with you!! Thumbs Up 

How I wish Sony had promoted Kismat with such pomp and hype! Stern SmileIt would be unfair to compare but Kismat started itself on a high note which is not in this case. The thing here is I wish the person who wrote such subtle promo concepts for BALH would have done a better job if he had written the show. LOL

I'm still hoping to see Ekta keep this show different from her other shows by dealing mainly on their post-marriage scenes and spare us with torture your leads with vamps concept. Smile 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Shonaa--Purva-Nice_n_Naughtyhamzanuha

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Just finished watching Episode 3 of BLAH BLAH BLAH.

So Ekta find time for some more cliches.  The loud, garrulous, gold-digger bimbo, the over the top shrieking shrew of a wife, and the stiff as a cardboard beau. Oh yes, we've been through it all.

So while first episode had a family straight out of Dhadkan, the second had an overkill of bad, overworked VO artists filling in for stiff actors who are to understand what dialog delivery is all about. Lo and behold we have the third episode now - heading for a scene out of DTPH and like DTPH, we will have to wait till interval for the hero and heroine to actually meet. So for the next two months we are going to be inundated with scenes where the two nearly meet.

Now why is it that Ram's friend would've taken him to a restaurant where the waiter reels off the dishes like an Irani Cafe, instead of presenting the menu. And isn't this guy concerned about Ram, so why take him to place that has such delicacies as Cheese Pakoda and Bread Pakoda, as the Day's Special. Or is that how Ram gets his girth.

I would've been insulted if my date was looking at someone else while sitting with me. And at the very least I would've had at least 3 clumsy moments - first when I spill the water on his shirt, the second when I upset the soup bowl in his lap and the third when I ensure that the tablecloth gets snagged while he pays the bill. (Is that why I'm happily single @ 40? Could be, who cares, am too busy enjoying life, and no I wasn't paying for my sister's education or looking for sympathy from random strangers.)

I am giving BT till Monday to get their act together. I anyways have to watch BLAH till tomorrow, coz Kismat airs right after, and can't afford to miss a single episode of that one. Monday is when I watch BLAH for its own sake, else will just follow it here. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuhafuzzyfaceBinge

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
@ Shreya

Sony has always been unfair to YRF serials. Khottey Sikkey and Kismat were both good shows that did not get their due either in promotions or time-slots.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuhaBinge

Wanderbug

IF-Dazzler

Wanderbug

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by a141297

at least balaji telefilms show are much batter than other shows which take months for one day marriage and balaji telefilms shows story move faster than other production shows slow story . you should wait till marriage if you dont want to watch this show then fine . i am big fan of balaji telefilms maybe thats why i am saying this but chance toh bata hai boss . dont forget ekta kapoor is same person who made shows like kyunki saas, kahaani ghar ghar kii, kasauti zindagi kay, kahin to hoga and many more and because of her today world know about indian television and she is only producer in india who made 77 hindi shows and more than 100 south shows .

@Red: How can we ever ever ever forget that!Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

scinerd

divan

IF-Rockerz

divan

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
I remember Ekta in her interviews saying she loves to watch american shows, well why does she like watching them?  If they are well made because the script is written in a way it makes sense, the actors are capable and it does not think the viewers out there are dumb then should she not consider that she should be trendsetter where she respects the audience out there, be it the metro crowd or the rural masses and give them shows that reflects that.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Fishfishhamzanuha-Purva-Binge

Binge

IF-Rockerz

Binge

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gangubai1

@ Shreya

Sony has always been unfair to YRF serials. Khottey Sikkey and Kismat were both good shows that did not get their due either in promotions or time-slots.

What can I call you? Smile I cried today at the end of Kismat Cry  Gosh, will miss shows like Kismat and Khottey Sikhay.  Kismat even doesnt have a repeat which is such a sad thing. Ouch 

I hope we get to see more of YRF shows. Like you said, they are fresh and can give a whole new meaning to Indian television. Smile

I kinda liked today's BALH episode. Much better than the last 2 epis. Big smile 

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.