Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: hamzanuha

😆 Loved both your analyses (sorry I don't know your name, I'm Rana). Watching the first two episodes, I was confused as the promos were so cute while the actual serial was many notches below. It was like discovering an anticipated treat to be mouldy. And why couldn't Ekta find a decent tailor for Ram's sherwani? I was watching in anticipation of a button popping off when he discovered he wasn't going to do the kanyadaan. Maybe that's why, he would've had to sit down for it, wouldn't he?

Will look forward to more such posts from you.

Hi Rana, I'm Purva. I know and share your disappointment with the show. I think there are quite a few of us who do.

As far as Ram's sherwani is concerned, have you ever seen that song from Bobby "Jhoot Bole..." apparently in that song Premnath was supposed to wear trousers and all the ones that he had would not fit,so he sent someone home to get his personal trousers, but after one month of outdoors in Goa, even they would not fit. Ram reminded of this one.

hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: gangubai1

Hi Rana, I'm Purva. I know and share your disappointment with the show. I think there are quite a few of us who do.

As far as Ram's sherwani is concerned, have you ever seen that song from Bobby "Jhoot Bole..." apparently in that song Premnath was supposed to wear trousers and all the ones that he had would not fit,so he sent someone home to get his personal trousers, but after one month of outdoors in Goa, even they would not fit. Ram reminded of this one.

Hi Purva, that's a funny story. And all the time I thought it was part of Premnath's character since he's fisherman & poor etc etc.

But here it seems Ram is proud of his girth which has brought him roles. But he should also be aware of the health hazards of being overweight. Maybe it's all part of his characterisation : successful businessman et al. Maybe those morning walk bodyguards are for carrying him home in case of a collapse 😆 But seriously, we see that even the super rich who are overweight wear clothes that underplay the fact. Here the buttons on Ram's clothes seem to be in danger of popping any time. This is not his fault, rather the PH's. When they've gone to the extent of showing his wealth, surely they can hire a decent tailor to stitch clothes a bit on the loose side, so it doesn't seem as if the clothes have been borrowed from a slimmer person.

btw - love your if name 😊
Edited by hamzanuha - 12 years ago
SuganthiS thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I agree that the PH should have taken care of the fittings. I read that even Sakshi on the first day of shooting found her clothes were ill fitting and had to get them altered. 

As for the morning walk with the bodyguards, I think that Ekta has written this scene from her own life. She goes for walks the same way, with 2-3 bodyguards following her. This is for security reasons, I believe.
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@gangubai - 👏 for the post and making it easier for me, so that I don't have to type much. 😉

It was after a long time that I was watching an Ekta show, so I thought that maybe she and her team has learned something. But how wrong I have been! A few more days and then I will decide - even Sakshi can't stop me it seems. Hopefully.
-Shonaa- thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I agree with you to some extent. But i wont say she killed a good concept. Its been just 4 episodes. Its too early to give a verdict. The show is indeed dealing with a unique concept and thats why i am hooked to it. No doubt there are lots of bloopers and lots of cliche things but then again its a fictitious show. So ya comparing it with real things would be wrong.
Edited by -Shonaa- - 12 years ago
Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
well said!! ... the first and the foremost shock was KEATS in TOFEL!! .. 😲 😲 .. I mean TOEFL is a Test of English as a Foreign Language.

anyways the let down point is that story is moving SOOO slow!! .. one week has passed and the protagonists haven't even met .. 😕 ,.. it seems as a college love story .. the show could have started with their marriage and all thsi could have shown in flashbacks, at least we could have the REAL story moving .. but well as always .. DRAGGED!! ..

Edited by Fantasia. - 12 years ago
Anjinie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I agree with u they should have started serial with them been married, and then went into flashback it would have been more interesting.
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I loved the promos.. But still I think the show needs to gather a lot of basis..
Also I want some great conversation between Ram and Priya .. mature  couple and intense thoughts should be well shown

I hope Ekta can do her homework well the script writers give their best and show some great communication and actors give their best to show such intense scenes !!
NiShI678 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
agree with u the promo's were well done but the story is not as expected ya its only 4 epi's but above all it;s a ektha show so no matter what the concept is it will be the same