Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
I agree with you!! πŸ‘πŸΌ 

How I wish Sony had promoted Kismat with such pomp and hype! πŸ˜³It would be unfair to compare but Kismat started itself on a high note which is not in this case. The thing here is I wish the person who wrote such subtle promo concepts for BALH would have done a better job if he had written the show. πŸ˜†

I'm still hoping to see Ekta keep this show different from her other shows by dealing mainly on their post-marriage scenes and spare us with torture your leads with vamps concept. πŸ˜Š 
-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Just finished watching Episode 3 of BLAH BLAH BLAH.

So Ekta find time for some more cliches.  The loud, garrulous, gold-digger bimbo, the over the top shrieking shrew of a wife, and the stiff as a cardboard beau. Oh yes, we've been through it all.

So while first episode had a family straight out of Dhadkan, the second had an overkill of bad, overworked VO artists filling in for stiff actors who are to understand what dialog delivery is all about. Lo and behold we have the third episode now - heading for a scene out of DTPH and like DTPH, we will have to wait till interval for the hero and heroine to actually meet. So for the next two months we are going to be inundated with scenes where the two nearly meet.

Now why is it that Ram's friend would've taken him to a restaurant where the waiter reels off the dishes like an Irani Cafe, instead of presenting the menu. And isn't this guy concerned about Ram, so why take him to place that has such delicacies as Cheese Pakoda and Bread Pakoda, as the Day's Special. Or is that how Ram gets his girth.

I would've been insulted if my date was looking at someone else while sitting with me. And at the very least I would've had at least 3 clumsy moments - first when I spill the water on his shirt, the second when I upset the soup bowl in his lap and the third when I ensure that the tablecloth gets snagged while he pays the bill. (Is that why I'm happily single @ 40? Could be, who cares, am too busy enjoying life, and no I wasn't paying for my sister's education or looking for sympathy from random strangers.)

I am giving BT till Monday to get their act together. I anyways have to watch BLAH till tomorrow, coz Kismat airs right after, and can't afford to miss a single episode of that one. Monday is when I watch BLAH for its own sake, else will just follow it here. 

-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
@ Shreya

Sony has always been unfair to YRF serials. Khottey Sikkey and Kismat were both good shows that did not get their due either in promotions or time-slots.
Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: a141297

at least balaji telefilms show are much batter than other shows which take months for one day marriage and balaji telefilms shows story move faster than other production shows slow story . you should wait till marriage if you dont want to watch this show then fine . i am big fan of balaji telefilms maybe thats why i am saying this but chance toh bata hai boss . dont forget ekta kapoor is same person who made shows like kyunki saas, kahaani ghar ghar kii, kasauti zindagi kay, kahin to hoga and many more and because of her today world know about indian television and she is only producer in india who made 77 hindi shows and more than 100 south shows .

@Red: How can we ever ever ever forget that!
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I remember Ekta in her interviews saying she loves to watch american shows, well why does she like watching them?  If they are well made because the script is written in a way it makes sense, the actors are capable and it does not think the viewers out there are dumb then should she not consider that she should be trendsetter where she respects the audience out there, be it the metro crowd or the rural masses and give them shows that reflects that.
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: gangubai1

@ Shreya

Sony has always been unfair to YRF serials. Khottey Sikkey and Kismat were both good shows that did not get their due either in promotions or time-slots.

What can I call you? πŸ˜Š I cried today at the end of Kismat πŸ˜­  Gosh, will miss shows like Kismat and Khottey Sikhay.  Kismat even doesnt have a repeat which is such a sad thing.  

I hope we get to see more of YRF shows. Like you said, they are fresh and can give a whole new meaning to Indian television. πŸ˜Š

I kinda liked today's BALH episode. Much better than the last 2 epis. πŸ˜ƒ 
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I still dont understand why people had expectations in the first placeπŸ˜†...no offence but Ekta will never change no matter what, I've learned that from experience...no matter how good the promos are, no matter how great the actors are...she will never keep a simple story line...its not her style God only knows why not...if she ca bring freshness to the movies why the hell not to her TV shows?

I have always watched every show with no expectations at all and I am always satisfied that way...I am only watching this show because I needed some other show to obsess over in my summer vacation
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tani91

I still dont understand why people had expectations in the first placeπŸ˜†...no offence but Ekta will never change no matter what, I've learned that from experience...no matter how good the promos are, no matter how great the actors are...she will never keep a simple story line...its not her style God only knows why not...if she ca bring freshness to the movies why the hell not to her TV shows?

I have always watched every show with no expectations at all and I am always satisfied that way...I am only watching this show because I needed some other show to obsess over in my summer vacation

Tani you should find something else to obsess over, come on summer holidays are not that boring are they?
Edited by divan - 12 years ago
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: gangubai1

Just finished watching Episode 3 of BLAH BLAH BLAH.

So Ekta find time for some more cliches.  The loud, garrulous, gold-digger bimbo, the over the top shrieking shrew of a wife, and the stiff as a cardboard beau. Oh yes, we've been through it all.

So while first episode had a family straight out of Dhadkan, the second had an overkill of bad, overworked VO artists filling in for stiff actors who are to understand what dialog delivery is all about. Lo and behold we have the third episode now - heading for a scene out of DTPH and like DTPH, we will have to wait till interval for the hero and heroine to actually meet. So for the next two months we are going to be inundated with scenes where the two nearly meet.

Now why is it that Ram's friend would've taken him to a restaurant where the waiter reels off the dishes like an Irani Cafe, instead of presenting the menu. And isn't this guy concerned about Ram, so why take him to place that has such delicacies as Cheese Pakoda and Bread Pakoda, as the Day's Special. Or is that how Ram gets his girth.

I would've been insulted if my date was looking at someone else while sitting with me. And at the very least I would've had at least 3 clumsy moments - first when I spill the water on his shirt, the second when I upset the soup bowl in his lap and the third when I ensure that the tablecloth gets snagged while he pays the bill. (Is that why I'm happily single @ 40? Could be, who cares, am too busy enjoying life, and no I wasn't paying for my sister's education or looking for sympathy from random strangers.)

I am giving BT till Monday to get their act together. I anyways have to watch BLAH till tomorrow, coz Kismat airs right after, and can't afford to miss a single episode of that one. Monday is when I watch BLAH for its own sake, else will just follow it here. 

πŸ˜† Loved both your analyses (sorry I don't know your name, I'm Rana). Watching the first two episodes, I was confused as the promos were so cute while the actual serial was many notches below. It was like discovering an anticipated treat to be mouldy. And why couldn't Ekta find a decent tailor for Ram's sherwani? I was watching in anticipation of a button popping off when he discovered he wasn't going to do the kanyadaan. Maybe that's why, he would've had to sit down for it, wouldn't he?

Will look forward to more such posts from you.
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: divan

Tani you should find something else to obsess over, come on summer holidays are not that boring are they?

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† well I am going to India in a week...so no they're really not that boringπŸ˜‰ I am only watching the show because of summer and also because I love Sakshi-Ram...warna I knew from the day the first promo aired that this was typical Kekta formula

she did the SAME thing with Tere Liye, the promos of that show were epic and mindblowing, the first few episodes were great as well...then of course came Vikas Gupta and Sandeep what's his name and ruined the show😑😑🀒