Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 4:00am | IP Logged
First off  I did not mistype the serial acronym. This show is more of BLAH BLAH BLAH than anything that has come out of Ekta factory so far. Especially so, since there was quite a bit of hype created around it. For me the way the show began was absolutely wrong and thats where Ekta lost her grip on the show if she ever had it.

I would've preferred to open the show on Ram and Priya closing the door on the last of the guests on the first day of their married life and the awkwardness that still lingers between them.

What was the point of all this drama. All other characters could have been slowly introduced and built into the fabric of the story. At least we would've been spared this morbid overdose of caricatures.

One would expect a 33 year old working woman to be a strong individual. Sadly, Priya comes across as woolly-headed as a 12 year-old. Funnily, the students she is teaching are more practical and with it than her.

(Btw, Ekta, step out of the studio and see the real world - No one teaches Keats in TOEFL classes, they are meant only to reinforce vocabulary. And Keats is not synonymous with a lecture on Love. Keats belonged to the Romantic period, he had nothing to do with romantic love. Wish either you or someone in your crew had ever attended college).

Gaudy makeup, overuse of glitter, loud characterization has been beaten to death. 10:30 pm is not the time to sledge-hammer the viewers. The show would've done well to have taken some pointers out of Kismat. YRF knows how to show opulence without overdoing it. Balaji seems to tilt towards nouveau riche, out of villages, zero-exposure, and therefore loud and jarring.

Except for Sakshi, Ram, his friend and Chahak all other characters are mis-cast and are either shrieking or sleepwalking through the serial. This seems to be like "We have 5 actors sitting in the studio and no show to report to, so okay put them in the first available sequinned horror, shoot 3 dialogs from a random script, and voila we have today's episode ready".

Overall this was a brilliant concept, successful in snagging two very fine actors in the lead role - sadly let down by the following:
  • Costume Department
  • Art Department
  • Research Team
  • Casting Department
  • Writing Team

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

anamikamundondeeps.sarafMonMUMNimmi.vahgarShezaadineets_ltlshaf13WanderbugNice_n_NaughtyFishfishhamzanuhaShipra_S*dewdrop~pearl*fuzzyfaceBingeYusBeeFantasia.BheegiBasantishanti05psawyerSamraat_92

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "BLAH - How to kill a good concept Ekta Style" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

LoveTVShows

IF-Dazzler

LoveTVShows

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 4:08am | IP Logged

its been just two episodes and you saying how to kill a good concept in ekta style . she is concept writer not you and the show about after marriage life not before marriage life . i think you should say this after ram and priya marraige that would be better if ekta ruin story . i think you sould wait till marriage if after marriage story srag then say this . REMEMBER THIS SHOW ABOUT ARRANGE MARRIAGE AND LIFE AFTER ARRANGE MARRAIGE NOT BEFORE MARRIAGE .

Edited by a141297 - 01 June 2011 at 4:09am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Shonaa-SriBsadffi-sahasra-

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 4:17am | IP Logged
 :) I would've loved to say this after Ram and Priya marriage, but sadly the way the show is progressing that is not going to happen till December 2015. Yes, it's been only 2 episodes, but one does not need to eat the whole cake to find out that the eggs used were rotten. And having experienced BT fare earlier, one can fairly predict which way the wind blows.

From what we have seen so far - Ram and Priya are going to take their sweet time to fall in love, then they are going to deny their feelings for 3 months, then the two mothers would get into the act for another 6 months to a year, preventing the marriage for their selfish motives. Then the siblings are going to show their true colors. After all this and 15 cast changes of various characters, and introduction of a grandmother or two,  there's going to be a wedding sequence that's going to last 5 months.

Edited by gangubai1 - 01 June 2011 at 4:17am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

sheena27Pooh1402neets_ltlscinerdhamzanuhaNice_n_Naughty*dewdrop~pearl*fuzzyfaceSamraat_92psawyer

LoveTVShows

IF-Dazzler

LoveTVShows

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 4:31am | IP Logged

at least balaji telefilms show are much batter than other shows which take months for one day marriage and balaji telefilms shows story move faster than other production shows slow story . you should wait till marriage if you dont want to watch this show then fine . i am big fan of balaji telefilms maybe thats why i am saying this but chance toh bata hai boss . dont forget ekta kapoor is same person who made shows like kyunki saas, kahaani ghar ghar kii, kasauti zindagi kay, kahin to hoga and many more and because of her today world know about indian television and she is only producer in india who made 77 hindi shows and more than 100 south shows .

Edited by a141297 - 01 June 2011 at 4:31am

shamma92sadffi-sahasra-Sandstone

Nice_n_Naughty

IF-Dazzler

Nice_n_Naughty

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 4:43am | IP Logged
true.. i started watchn it coz i found concept n actors interesting.. but sadly, 1st episode was itself was disappointing.. n ofcourse evry1 knows d story of ekta's serials at one point all have same story no matter wat the concept is.. n thank god dey din show nething in flashback.. many hav seen how d flashback was treated in tere liye.. d characters r same except ram is shown rude arrogant business man thank god for it.. female lead is shown in simple attire d only earnin soul in d family.. how typical is that.. younger sis n mother wants lavish lifestyle.. wait hav i seen dat b4 *thinkn* well i'll jus jot down few future tracks which can be ossible.. 
1. priya toleratin harsh words of in-laws smilingly 
2. ram-priya separation due to sheer mis-understanding
3. priya's miscarriage
4. ayesha in a affair with sum rich businessman who may just use her can be friend of ram
5. kartik-natasha fight which may bring natasha back home
6. siddhant doin sum usless drama
7. vikram-ram misunderstandin which priya will try 2 eradicate 

no matter how different d concept claims to be it'll never be... n i'd be more den happy if balaji proves me wrong..

Edited by sim20 - 01 June 2011 at 4:44am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

neets_ltlWanderbugSriB-Purva-hamzanuhaSamraat_92

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 5:07am | IP Logged
@ sim20

I started watching the show for two reasons - it replaces a fav serial of mine, viz. Kismat. Secondly the casting and concept of the show was enough of an appetite builder, without the hype and promos. The promos were really compelling and cute. Wish they had spent as much time over the show as they did over the promos.

Like you I too hate flashback sequences, but there is a way to build characters into story without resorting to inane flashbacks or lengthy voiceovers.

@
a141297

I too am an Ekta fan, but that does not mean that I would blindly accept any rubbish that comes out of the stable. I used to be absolutely unashamed to say that I enjoyed Kyunki and Kahani in the days when it was fashionable to denigrate any and all TV, esp. Ekta. But even her die-hard fans have to admit that she is losing her touch and is resorting to over-used formulas too often to be entertaining anymore.

neets_ltlNice_n_NaughtyhamzanuhaSamraat_92

YusBee

IF-Sizzlerz

YusBee

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 6:42am | IP Logged
I know some might feel its way too early to judge this show but I go with the topic maker..sach mein...for me..BALH indeed is BLAH!..I have never seen a K soap before but this show with their so good promos did attratc me to watch two episodes and I am seriously not liking the show at all.I found it very cliche.The saving grace I guess are the two leads who are really very good..but except for them..the other actors,storyline,logic and to top it all the aa aa aa bg music and the dubbed voice overs...umm it indeed is blah!

neets_ltlBingefuzzyfaceSamraat_92

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gangubai1

(Btw, Ekta, step out of the studio and see the real world - No one teaches Keats in TOEFL classes, they are meant only to reinforce vocabulary. And Keats is not synonymous with a lecture on Love. Keats belonged to the Romantic period, he had nothing to do with romantic love. Wish either you or someone in your crew had ever attended college).

ROFLROFLROFLROFL Agree with everything you said, but nothing more than this part. It's like teaching a citizenship class with Shakespeare, and calling him a romance writer, simply because he wrote - arguably - the world's most famous love story Ermm

On the rest of it - I agree that the promos were so good that what followed was an even bigger disappointment. The promos were cute because they depicted the awkwardness in a marriage between two people who don't have very much in common. Anything before the marriage is just padding, and time-wasting. She should have started on the wedding day, given us brief glimpses into the minds of all the characters, not less the mothers' reactions to their children getting married, and gone from there. 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

scinerdSphallolalianeets_ltlaritziahamzanuhaBingefuzzyfaceYusBeeSamraat_92

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.