Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Why are we all already complaining???[MOD NOTE PG10] (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 11

-Fivr-

IF-Veteran Member

-Fivr-

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
Alright.. So I went back and watched the first two episodes.. And I really still feel k this could have been better.. I mean chal-chalao type viewing k liye it's okay, but as it is right now the story telling lacks the needed luster.. Confused

Oh well.. Lets wait and watch, with a much lower expectation bar.. LOL

Edited by -Fivr- - 31 May 2011 at 11:05pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ivy_11-Preeti-chocolover89Prinsesse.SuviSamraat_92

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why are we all already complaining???[MOD NOTE PG10] (Page 3)" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Ravjot-

As annoying as the constant referral to marriage may have seemed, I found it quite realistic. Maybe it's not something you can relate to but I know there are people out there whose family and friends constantly bring up marriage talks and say stuff like you're not getting any younger. The fact that it was constantly brought up today, in my opinion it just shows how big of  deal marriage is to Ram and Priya's family and friends. Even in today's society marriage is a common topic and it is often brought up after one reaches a certain age.

Plus it's the main theme of the show anyway, since the story is about a middle aged couple that have an arranged marriage and fall in love etc. their age and the fact that they're single is something that will keep cropping up until they settle down. People are often pressured about being married at the "right time" and the same is happening with the leads

I understand that marriage is quite a big deal in our society and family/friends constantly bring it up once you reach a certain age and that it is the main theme of the show.. I was fully prepared for such scenes as well. I just didn't expect the whole episode to revolve around those type of talks though..The point was made in the first 10 minutes and then I thought they just dragged it after that.

Anyways my expectations have been lowered quite a bit now..so hopefully the show is better LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Prinsesse.Suvi

Binge

IF-Rockerz

Binge

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Well, I have a problem of how both the leads are shown lonely. When this show was said as different and unique, I'd expected much more than a 40 yr old and 33yr old falling in love gradually after marriage. 

Firstly, its been ages since I saw some Ekta show. The era when TV was flooded by  her shows, I'd experienced, I'd been addicted and frustrated too! Then came the era of "youth shows" which had dozens of eye-locks, dupattas and opposites attract theory done to death! Sleepy I wanted to watch something different- no saas bahu drama but a light, sensible drama. Thats the reason I felt Saakshi-Ram-Ekta collaboration would be hatke

What I did not like so far is their reasons for being single. I have seen my mom's friend who like Priya in the show avoided marriage to support her family. In that case, her mom herself asked her to stay with them. So I have no qualms with Priya's reason. But Ram? He has women drooling over him for money- maybe they could have shown him as a divorced man or a widow perhaps! This is I'm talking about the most cliched tracks and Ekta standards. If it were real- maybe bcuz he wanted to be single? He could not devote much of his time for his wife and kids and hence chose singlehood out of his choice only! Why have a scheming step-mom and all that? D'oh

And if the leads are strong enough- I get that! But why show them as resilient to the ill-treatment and most bichara characters? Sorry, but I dont feel for  them. Stern Smile  I'd have appreciated if they had stood for themselves and had gusto to revert back to the way they are being treated by their loved ones!  I'd have appreciated if Priya sometimes wondered on how time flew and had introspection of why she preferred staying single for her family. Smile

Basically, I dont like the reasons for their singlehood and portrayal of sacrificing creatures by showing all other characters selfish and self-centered. LOL 

That said, I'll watch the show till it becomes frustrating.. want to see that awkwardness and subtlety between Ram and Priya after they get married. Have expectations from their conversations. Smile

Edited by shreya- - 31 May 2011 at 11:47pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.ivy_11-Fivr-Prinsesse.SuviSamraat_92psawyer

-Preeti-

IF-Veteran Member

-Preeti-

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 12:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Fivr-

Alright.. So I went back and watched the first two episodes.. And I really still feel k this could have been better.. I mean chal-chalao type viewing k liye it's okay, but as it is right now the story telling lacks the needed luster.. Confused

Oh well.. Lets wait and watch, with a much lower expectation bar.. LOL

Right. This could have been better minus those 2 balidaan the 2 do for thier respective siblings. I wish they had given it a plain n simple treatment. Like how he loves his Mean family just because he is the Only one he has in his Life and how she loves her family bcoz They need her at every point of time though they take her for granted for every damn thing in thier lives
And Yes ...watch the Shows with ZERO Expectations ... Bcoz none of the Shows are 100% Uptomark or to our Expectaions.

Shreya
Am just stating my POV here which is slightly against what you mentiones. It could be right or wrong too. But this is how i see at it.

Had the fellow Ram been a divorcee or so then the Basic concept of this Show would have cha nged too. The Show runs on the concept of how ppl fall in love after Arrange Marriage. How they develop that understanding amongst themselves. So had he been dovorced or so ... then no where does this Arrange Marriage and all stand in the Show. And till now his side of the reason isnt shown of why he doesnt wanna get married. His Mom's scheming thing was shown yday. But since the time Vikram talks about marriage, Ram just avoid it saying at this age nobody would say a YES to him. He has point there too. And plus he is Rich, a millionaire. And such ppl often have doubts that the person marrying him could just marry him for his Assets. And they dont wish to buy a relationship. So him avoiding marriage makes sense to me minus his Moms Evil wish.

As for Priya ... i fail to understand how can a Mother do it with her own Daughter? She treats her almost like a servant. In Rams case, thats his Step mom and Siblings but for Priya its her own Mother and thats what i findOuch And its not that she doesnt wanna get married but she doesnt wanna increase her parents burden by putting her marriage responsibility on them. Her parents might have got busy with other things to think about Priya's marriage. Like making the younger daughter a Model n all:|.
So that puts her case at Hold too.

And about the leads getting Strong and fighting for themselves ... Well in Ekta Show that happens in the Mid-Term. When TRP's fail and when there is nothing more left to be shown we have the Leads get strong and fight for themselves and for the RIGHT <<< I say this with an experience of watching BT Shows for almost a decade nowLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-Samraat_92

Binge

IF-Rockerz

Binge

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Preeti, I agree! The divorce idea is cliched too- but that was an example I stated to give a reason for him being single as of now. I dont like his reason of not marrying bcuz his stepmom never let that happen! In that sense, I expected something mature and realistic to be precise. I'd predicted that his stepmom would turn into a vamp in the first episode itself. LOL See, in the long run, they might show some lady pooping from his past. And Priya staying resilient to her monster-in-law's taunts and plans. 

What I would have liked is that, fine- you want to show your leads as the best creatures, ok- but in the process, dont make others look bad! That way, we cant feel for them genuinely bcuz all of us know that world is not filled with such good people. LOL

Sad, but almost 7-8 years and Ekta still likes her leads to be mahaan and self-sacrificing.

-Preeti-Samraat_92

-Ravjot-

IF-Veteran Member

-Ravjot-

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 12:33am | IP Logged
^ Well like you said, it's Ekta so chances of Ram having a previous lover are thereLOL

But for Ram not marrying because of his step-son; the way I look at it, they're the only family he has. He doesn't have anyone to call his own so he clings on them as a safety net, regardless of how they treat him. That may show him as insecure but 1st epi he himself stated he was

Binge-Preeti-

howzzat

IF-Sizzlerz

howzzat

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 12:37am | IP Logged
I am watching right now, since there's nothing better to watch ATM.. waise bhi we all know that it being a Kekta show, is gonna ruin it sooner or later look at Pavitra Rishta! That show was so good, now look at it, simply disgusting. I say, leave all the complaints aside and watch it till BLAH becomes unbearable.. lol after that switch over to something else.. hamare yahan channels aur shows ki kami thodi hai? :-)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Preeti-

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 12:48am | IP Logged
I think people confuse criticism with negativity, for some reason. Ermm Yes, criticism can be negative, but it is not necessary for it to be so; I don't know about anyone else, but I can be critical of something I love and enjoy as well. Hell, I watched Kahaani and Kasauti for their entire runs and was damn critical of them LOL. Doesn't mean I didn't love them for being my favourite shows. 

I'm not judging the show based on two episodes; I'm judging the two episodes based on themselves. 

The fact of it is - many of us who have grown up with K-shows know exactly what to expect. But what I could tolerate at 18, I find myself no longer able to tolerate. That was a different era, in which wherever you looked, a K-show slapped you in the face. Now, there is so much choice, and so many new, different and interesting shows and writers have come and gone that the same old formula has become very stale. 

Just because I say "I didn't like X, Y, Z in today's episode", it doesn't mean that I am "being negative" or "not giving the show a chance". We seem to have forgotten that these shows are supposed to give us reasons to like them, not that we have to pity them and give them a chance. Why should a busy audience pander to the whims of Ekta or her cronies rather than it being the opposite? We seem to have gotten into this culture where people will watch anything because Ekta or Karan Johar has made it, because XYZ actor is in it, because our favourite author has written it - so no matter how bad the product is, how little the writer has given of themselves to create it, they are assured of an audience. No wonder people don't work harder to get our attention, when we are content with what little they give us. 

Having said that - I think it is counter-productive to tell people "if you don't like it, don't watch" - I already don't watch things that I don't like, so that kind of advice is useless to me. I am not afraid to be critical of the things that I do watch, and like, and I will continue to watch them, like them, be critical of them, until such a time when I stop liking them. As far as this show is concerned, I am "giving it a chanceErmm but writing wise, it has been so far, so-so. 

Edited by psawyer - 01 June 2011 at 1:03am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.achumenBingeivy_11-Carrie--Preeti--Fivr-Samraat_92

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.