Bade Acche Laggte Hai
Bade Acche Laggte Hai

India-Forums

Why are we all already complaining???[MOD NOTE PG10] (Page 2)

-Fivr- IF-Veteran Member
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sonia51

Your disappointed without watching a single episode...LOL
That is a first to be disappointed in a show without watching. No offense, but I found that hilarious. 

And no one is saying don't expect more, just don't expect it to be realized. LOL

It is different, which show has a middle age couples love story. 

Lol, yup..

Ekta jee has this uncanning ability to put me off shows entirely. Also, I've seen way too many Ekta shows to know EXACTLY how a scene would go without having to see it. However, if my comments will be looked at with a more analytical approach should I have watched the show, then I'll go ahead and watch them right away. Because clearly, out of everything I said, the only thing that stuck with you is the fact that I hadn't watched the show (the "WHY" I didn't watch it, never did register..? LOL)

And I did expect more and I was fairly skeptical about them being realized too - TRUST ME when I say that I KNOW how Ekta jee works. So I knew I shouldn't expect a lot of my hopes to be realized. I'm just saying that just because I know Ekta and just because she has reputation for spewing nonsense doesn't mean that that nonsense should be excused.. Confused I am okay with anyone who enjoys her shows - really, more power to you! But why should the members who don't enjoy her repetitive tracks be dubbed "negative" for their criticism. Confused It's constructive criticism - we expect more from her because she is old enough in this industry to finally be able to challenge herself. But I guess, then the question really becomes, does she even have to challenge herself if everyone else is absolutely okay lapping up her stale story tracks as long as they get to see their favorite actor/actress/jodi on screen.. Confused

Khair.. My apologies. I will definitely watch the show before I dare to make an educated opinion on it. Because as far as Ekta's concerned, her past track record cannot be used to support the criticism against her - it can only be used to justify her present mistakes. LOL

@bold: Middle aged couples need to act like a middle aged MATURE couple. Middle aged people are a bit more experienced and mature and self confident, from what I've seen. Middle aged couple acting like a couple of 20+ years old (being pushed around and neglected without having the gall or the backbone to put their foot down and be more assertive..) does NOT make it different. It just makes it repetitive - what we've seen with young couples, now we see with old couples. That makes it different? To better demonstrate my point, if a 30+ woman is wearing the same dress as a 20+ woman, it does NOT make the dress different.. LOLConfused

Edited by -Fivr- - 31 May 2011 at 9:11pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

veil_of_rosesivy_11Autumn.chocolover89Prinsesse.SuviSamraat_92AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Fivr-

But I guess, then the question really becomes, does she even have to challenge herself if everyone else is absolutely okay lapping up her stale story tracks as long as they get to see their favorite actor/actress/jodi on screen.. ConfusedHit the nail on the headClapClap Looking around us and seeing why ppl enjoy watching the SAME K-stories over and over again just to watch their fav. actors/pairs on-screen...really WHY would Ekta ever bother challenging herself to think outside of her centuries old box then?LOL We are the silly ones who got misled by the promos...these shows are only meant for Kekta loyalists who love her shows in any shape/size/formLOL

@bold: Middle aged couples need to act like a middle aged MATURE couple. Middle aged people are a bit more experienced and mature and self confident, from what I've seen. Middle aged couple acting like a couple of 20+ years old as they are being pushed around and neglected does NOT make it different. It just makes it repetitive - what we've seen with young couples, now we see with old couples. That makes it different? To better demonstrate my point, if a 30+ woman wearing the same dress as a 20+ woman, it does NOT make the dress different.. LOLConfusedExcellently put, FivrClapClapClap...just packaging the same K-soap storyline on 30-40 years old does NOT make it a different show...I'm amazed at that line of reasoning even being put forth...amaaazing "logic"LOLLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ivy_11-Fivr-chocolover89Prinsesse.SuviSamraat_92

-Fivr- IF-Veteran Member
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
@Anu: Lol! Yaar I've been totally spoilt by LTL to the point that rare shows can ever make it to my "to watch" list.. This one did because of the promos, which really was a big deal.. But I guess it wasn't meant to be.. *sigh*..

Back to LTL for me I guess.. LOL But hey, those that enjoy Ekta shows, more power to you! Thumbs Up I used to enjoy them too.. Sadly, I've out grown them and can't seem to put up with them anymore.. Ermm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ivy_11Prinsesse.SuviSamraat_92AreYaar

chocolover89 IF-Sizzlerz
chocolover89
chocolover89

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
So I just finished today's episode..

Seriously what was today's episode? I swear if I heard one more second of the "marriage is so good...you're missing out on so much...get married now" bhashan both Ram and Priya were getting I was gonna throw something. SO annoying and boring tbh. The show's story did not move AT ALL today.

^^That is not what I was expecting. Maybe 1-2 scenes like that but not 30 minutes of that in ONE episode. She said this was different and I feel like a fool for believing it was different..like always.

Ekta's writers ka standard bohaut low hoagaya hai. It's the initial episodes that hook people onto a show...and I am losing interest :((

I know exactly what to expect from an Ekta show. I've seen plenty of her shows right from Kyunki to Tere Liye...and it's the initial 3-4 months that are the best of a show.

Edited by chocolover89 - 31 May 2011 at 9:38pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

veil_of_rosesRaiinie2-Fivr-YusBeePrinsesse.SuviSamraat_92psawyerAreYaar

ssroomani IF-Rockerz
ssroomani
ssroomani

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:40pm | IP Logged

Wow, what different points of view!  The show is just 2 days old and already the discussions are at a fever pitch...I am loving it! Tongue

I agree with some of the points and disagree with others!   I have watched Kekta's shows earlier but was never able to sit through any of them for their lifetime on TV, watched closely initially, then start skipping epis and finally give up altogether!   That is what Kekta does to you! LOL

Still I feel 2 episodes are too less to judge how the story might proceed, though there are bloopers galore in these 2 episodes...frankly, I am enjoying my laugh over the bloopers as well!  ROFL

I like Ram and Sakshi and it is definitely a different approach to have middleaged leads!  One thing I disagree with is why Ram and Sakshi, just because they are middleaged, are expected to behave different from the young leads? Confused Can't the middleaged have their insecurities too? Ermm  Can they not have faults as well?  They may be acting like doormats to their families and sacrificing their happiness for them, but there are many people in the world who do that!   It is not an unrealistic picture exactly, though it may be an oft repeated theme in shows.  And the fact they are doormats to their families is exactly the reason why they are what they are today...single and lonely at the age of 33 and 40!  Ouch If they were smart, mature and thought of themselves, then they would be having their own families by now and where would the story be?  They are what they are because they allow themselves to be pushed around by their families...so we need to accept that first!    In fact, the young people of 20+ do not allow them to pushed around in today's world...Ermm

A hard-headed businessman being soft-hearted and insecure in personal relationships is also not as uncommon as one thinks!  It happens in real life.  In fact, I understand Ram's situation better than Priya's...why is she earning for the family?  Her father is presumably retired but he seems fit and healthy...what is he doing sitting quietly at home? Confused  In a way, he seems to be preying on her as much as the mom and sis!  Also what is a double graduate in literature doing teaching at the TOEFL tuition class?  These are the inconsistencies which jar!  But there are mothers like Priya's mother, I have come across the breed in real life! Dead

What I do find odd and hilarious are other things, like buying the company for a private jet,  LOLthe jewelry being changed the day of the wedding, ROFL having a business meeting in Singapore on the day your sis is getting married in Mumbai, Shocked the need to buy a yellow bracelet when it indicates that the sis has one at home probably that she did not pack, Confused the students in the TOEFL class, and such!   Big smile

Just my two cents...I meant this to be a short post, but well...LOL

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

sheena27BingeMMBGrpmenonMP_Radha-Preeti-Autumn.Tani91Prinsesse.Suvipyar-ishkSamraat_92

-Preeti- IF-Veteran Member
-Preeti-
-Preeti-

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
I personally dont keep any expectations on any show. Then be it by Ekta or any other PH, bcoz i feel all are carbon copy of each other. How much ever they say thier show is different at the end of the day we know all these has been repeated in some show or the other. Infact i can name a few of the Shows which are straight picked from BT Shows itself  but lets not get into it.

About complaints. When we have a Show, Fictional Show members are bound to have thier complaints and doubts over the Show, characters n tracks. And they have a right to raise them too. This is the reason we have Forums for, dont we? To share our doubts, complaints, criticisms. I know at times the Criticisms does get irritating or meaningless and might hurt some too but then lets take it in a positive way. The leads here are way too Good. But going by the story i feel it does carry some truth. I have seen people of the age group 30+ unmarried are taken for granted by the family. But there were something which actually i feel wasnt necessary for the Show. They were rather Stupid than showing how kind and Nyc the person is as mentioned belowOuch

Originally posted by ssroomani

What I do find odd and hilarious are other things, like buying the company for a private jet,  LOLthe jewelry being changed the day of the wedding, ROFL having a business meeting in Singapore on the day your sis is getting married in Mumbai, Shocked the need to buy a yellow bracelet when it indicates that the sis has one at home probably that she did not pack, Confused the students in the TOEFL class, and such!   Big smile

Just my two cents...I meant this to be a short post, but well...LOL

I so agree with this^^^. I dont think this was even wanted. This was something too OTT. I wish this wasnt there and Ekta had kept it plain n simple. But then ... with something good we do have something extra good here

Anyways ...I am hoping we wont get to see this again and now on the Show goes Slow n Simple as we expect it to be or as the Promo showed us

rpmenonssroomaniMP_Radha-Fivr-Autumn.Tani91Prinsesse.Suvi

rpmenon IF-Rockerz
rpmenon
rpmenon

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Navs,Good to see you on a "Ram" forum again. Smile

I have watched Ekta shows,and I have always enjoyed the first few months of her show,because she does well in that time frame.For me,the theme and the simplicity appeal a lot,and I do enjoy it very much.Unless an individual starts to find logic in each and every scene,the entertainment that this show offers is enough to unwind with,at the end of a tiring day.I did not find anything repulsive in the scene Vikram shared with Ram where he talks about the pains and joys of a married life.What was so wrong about it? It was just a person trying to make a life for a close friend.I find this a simple,soothing love story.I am not expecting adventure,thrill,or action drama from this show.

Ekta's shows are just that.Ekta's shows.See it with care,moderate expectations.

Again,its strictly my opinion!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Carrie--Preeti--Fivr-MP_RadhaPrinsesse.SuviSamraat_92

-Ravjot- IF-Veteran Member
-Ravjot-
-Ravjot-

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

So I just finished today's episode..

Seriously what was today's episode? I swear if I heard one more second of the "marriage is so good...you're missing out on so much...get married now" bhashan both Ram and Priya were getting I was gonna throw something. SO annoying and boring tbh. The show's story did not move AT ALL today.

^^That is not what I was expecting. Maybe 1-2 scenes like that but not 30 minutes of that in ONE episode. She said this was different and I feel like a fool for believing it was different..like always.

Ekta's writers ka standard bohaut low hoagaya hai. It's the initial episodes that hook people onto a show...and I am losing interest :((

I know exactly what to expect from an Ekta show. I've seen plenty of her shows right from Kyunki to Tere Liye...and it's the initial 3-4 months that are the best of a show.

As annoying as the constant referral to marriage may have seemed, I found it quite realistic. Maybe it's not something you can relate to but I know there are people out there whose family and friends constantly bring up marriage talks and say stuff like you're not getting any younger. The fact that it was constantly brought up today, in my opinion it just shows how big of  deal marriage is to Ram and Priya's family and friends. Even in today's society marriage is a common topic and it is often brought up after one reaches a certain age.

Plus it's the main theme of the show anyway, since the story is about a middle aged couple that have an arranged marriage and fall in love etc. their age and the fact that they're single is something that will keep cropping up until they settle down. People are often pressured about being married at the "right time" and the same is happening with the leads

ssroomani-Carrie--Preeti-Autumn.MP_RadhaPrinsesse.SuviTani91

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index