Sensational South
Sensational South

India-Forums

The Last South Indian Movie you Watched... !!! (Page 88)

..Naina.. Moderator
..Naina..
..Naina..

Posted: 10 January 2013 at 9:54pm | IP Logged
AHHH I don't know if any telugu movie watchers visit BUT.

I WATCHED SEETHAMMA VAKITLO SIRIMALLE CHETTU!! :D

(Sorry for the all caps LOL)

I love Mahesh Babu. The end.

Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle CHettu Movie Review (Mine)

Storywise - Meh, I didn't think there was much of a plot. Very disappointing. But it's a feel good movie, you feel happy sappy yay as you walk out, and that's it. No serious development of the characters, and there are a lot of scenes which I'm wondering why they were even included...

Songs were good though. I did enjoy those. And they described the relationship between the brothers well (watch out for MB's/Venkatesh's acting. It's very subtle but I really enjoyed that) The idea of human relations, etc was very cutely done. ^_^ But I loved the character Anjali played in the movie! She's one amazing actress! Samantha was pretty and that's pretty much all I can say. She did good in the role she had, which didn't have much scope at all, I think.

Prakash Raj was, as always, amazing, and same goes for Jayasudha. Two absolutely wonderful actors.

And of course MB/Venkatesh, were very good. No serious fighting, but displayed emotions pretty well, I think.

Overall, I would say watch it if you're an MB or Venkatesh fan, but if you're someone that needs a hardcore plot/fighting/typical South Indian entertainer, I don't think this movie is for you. If you're looking for a general feel good movie, that kicks in the senti,then you're good to go. I can't wait for the DVD to come out though cause I will be buying it, the MB fan that I am LOL

Edited by ..Naina.. - 10 January 2013 at 9:54pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Bhavanab-Deepzz-RadiantTreasure-Nakshatra-...Tansy...cityoflightssahi.shillu.arshi.Dulcet

.Dulcet IF-Stunnerz
.Dulcet
.Dulcet

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Naina, i am extreemly thankful to you that you wrote a review of it :) NOW i need to watch it for sure :D.. being a big MB fan ofcourse and also a Venkatesh fan, so its a must.

and i think there are some telugu watchers :D.. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..Naina..sahi.shillu.arshi

MP_Radha IF-Veteran Member
MP_Radha
MP_Radha

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 6:50am | IP Logged
Wow its great to hear daa Naina... if possible could you please also post this review as a separate topic da so we could discuss.. I remember coming across this movie :O..

btw the last movie I watched was Kumki.

I liked it so much... All of them did a great job in terms of acting... at first I was a little lost as I had missed the first part of the movie and hence found it a bit dragging but when I rewatched it, it was great :D

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..Naina..sahi.

-Raichu- IF-Rockerz
-Raichu-
-Raichu-

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Kadhalil sodhappavadu eppadi and Jodha Akbar (tamil)

I watched both of them with my mum, it was a wonderful afternoon Big smileBig smile

KSE is a wonderful movie, I couldn't stop laughing !! I enjoyedit more than OkOK !

I've already watched Jodhaa Akbar (french) but I forced my mum to watch it with me ! She loved it Big smileBig smile

-Raichu- IF-Rockerz
-Raichu-
-Raichu-

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 10:57am | IP Logged
KumKi : good entertaininer but very bad ending ! Why did they kill Manikkam ?? CryCry
cityoflights IF-Veteran Member
cityoflights
cityoflights

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Naina thanks for the SVSC review!

I kinda figured it was a family senti type movie but who cares? It's MB, and i'm gonna watch it this weekend so excitedd! OH BTW I'M DISTANTLY RELATED TO MAHESH BABU. I KNOW, COOL RIGHT?

By the way sadly the last movie I watched was Damarukam and that was pretty good! If you're a religious type person at least. (which I am)

Edited by aishi.muffin - 18 January 2013 at 12:33pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..Naina..shillu.arshi

Bhavanab Coolbie
Bhavanab
Bhavanab

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 4:13am | IP Logged
The last movie I saw ..
Seethamma Vaakitlo Sirimalle chettu !!

The bottomline is : Go for the movie if you're a Mahesh Babu Fan, aa perulo vibrations untayi Day Dreaming Embarrassed Heart 

Review : In terms of plot the movie fails to impress you, there isn't any story as such why the things are happening, what's going on everything is tough to understand.

Performances : When the story fails you, it's the performances that have to be good for the movie to succeed, and that's what happens in this movie !! Totally fabulous performances. Venki as the serious elder brother is excellent and Mahesh as the fun loving but rather more matured younger one is ClapClapClap These 2 perople are no doubt the stars of the show !! Prakash Raj as always justifies his excellence ... leaves you stunned.
A little more role to Samantha would've been better, Anjali was good ..

Music : Some songs are simply fabulous !!

It's basically a simple movie, nice family oriented one .. makes you smile and at times some scene force you to shed some tears .. could've been better in terms of story and direction but chaltha hai when you have Venkatesh and Mahesh on the screen everything else takes a back seat !!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cityoflightsshillu.arshi.Dulcet

shillu.arshi IF-Sizzlerz
shillu.arshi
shillu.arshi

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 11:18am | IP Logged
i hav seethamma vakitlo sirimalle chettu watched twice in theater...
really awesome
as usual mahesh is really hotwaDay Dreaming

Edited by shillu.arshi - 21 January 2013 at 11:49am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Dulcet

Go to top