Frequent Posters

neetusidhu thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
great update loved it...cont soon
Traxy101 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That was a beautiful chapter and Gopi was a dutiful daughter in law right until the end
Hot_Indo_Chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Part 3:

The members of Modi mansion were sleeping a peaceful except for Kokila who woke from a bad dream. She took Lord Krishna's name, prayed for the wellbeing of the family and went back to sleep. She kept tossing and turning in bed as if something wasn't right.

Gopi on the other hand had taken a cab to the train station. She had learnt to distinguish money by the different colors, so at least that way no one would be able to dupe her greatly. Once reaching the train station, the cab driver asked for Rs. 300. Gopi carefully distinguished a Rs. 500 and gave it to the driver. The driver gave her back two Rs. 100 notes. Gopi thanked the driver and headed out for the ticket counter.

After asking numerous people fro directions, Gopi finally came to the ticket counter. The ticket vendor asked her where she wanted to go. Gopi became thoughtful, wondering what to say. Then she asked "Which train is coming right now?" The ticket vendor said "RajkotShimla Express". Gopi bought the ticket, and looked utterly lost as which platform to get onto. This state of confusion reminded her of the time when she felt lost in Switzerland. She soon saw a young couple with a small child. She went over to them to seek help with tears brimming in her eyes. The young couple attentively listened to Gopi's plea, and they guided her to the right location. The young man even led her to her seat, and made sure she was comfortable.

Gopi thanked the gentleman, and prayed to Kanha that her decision would bring happiness to her family especially Ahem ji. Soon after a middle aged elderly nun came and sat besides Gopi. The train sped away with Gopi going to face a new struggle in her life.

A little into the journey, Gopi and the nun Sister Margaret or Sister Maggie as she would prefer to called, became quite at ease with each other. With Sister Maggie affections, Gopi's eyes weld up, and she opened up to her voyaging companion. Sister Maggie urged Gopi to speak her story. Soon Gopi started narrating her whole story from the moment she entered her Mama-Mami's house to the moment where she had to take a drastic step to leave her sasuraal. It took no time for Sister Maggie to deduce who were the culprits that ruined the poor orphan's life. Sister Maggie calmly asked Gopi "Gopi my child did you not once wish to study when you were a child?"

Poor innocent Gopi asked back, "Well yes, but Mami said that it was not my cup of tea".

Sister Maggie began to understand that the young girl in front of her had been cheated, and abused mentally, verbally and physically. She thanked God that she met this girl, or who knows what would happen Gopi in today's cruel world where there are vultures like Gopi's Mami ready to feast on a prey, or worse yet what if some man tried to…. Thinking this, Sister Maggie felt a shiver realizing that she out of humanity could not leave this poor girl at the hands of fate. She would help this girl, and have this girl fight and change her fate.

I know part 3 has some grammar mistakes. I was in a hurry to type. Please ignore them. Thanks!
swasthi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Great update ... Gopi will now get to study.

What will the reactions be at MM when they realise Gopi is not there?

Please continue.

Part 4:

Late Night in the train:

Sister Maggie then began to tell Gopi about her life, how she came from a mixed Anglo-Indian background, having spent much of her life between England and India. She told Gopi about her journey of becoming a nun. Suprisingly, Sister Maggie found that Gopi was quite tolerant and respectful of her Christian faith. This was something that she didn't expect.

Gopi "Sister Maggie, it doesn't matter how you pray to God. The paths can be different, but you are coming towards the same goal"

Sister Maggie was pleased seeing such clairvoyance of thought on religion from Gopi.  Though Sister Maggie was a nun, she was a bit different, you know the hatke types. She firmly believed that wrongdoers should be punished, and brought to the right path. Getiing to know Gopi, Sister Maggie decided to inquire if she had any idea of where she would go. (SM for Sister Maggie, GM for Gopi Modi)

SM: Gopi, do you know where you will live once you go to Shimla?

GM: No Sister, I guess I will have to find some place. I have faith in Kanha. He will show the way.

5 o'clock MM:

As the sun started to shine brightly, the ladies of MM began to wake up, except for the youngest bahu of course.

Kokila felt puzzled seeing the puja area not cleaned. She wondered if Gopi was not feeling well. She went to knock on Ahem's door. Ahem still half asleep, opened the door to see who was knocking.

Ahem: Mom? Aap?

Koki: Haan Ahem beta, voh tune Gopi Vau ko dekha hai. Kya uski tabeeyat theek nahin?

Ahem: Nahin mom. Woh yahan toh nahin hai. Kyun?

Koki: Dekh na Ahem. I saw that the puja area was not prepared, and usually Gopi cleans up everything every day and starts the aarti. But strangely, she didn't do any of that. So I thought maybe she is sick.

Ahem and Koki are approached by Hetal: Kya hua Kokila. Is Gopi sick?

Koki getting a lil scared: No. I can not find Gopi.

Ahem tries to take control of the situation; I'm sure she must somewhere in house Mom. Just look for her carefully.

The Modis alarmed start looking everywhere. Jigar too is worried, and he goes to see Rashi. In the meantime, hearing all the commotion, Rashi grudgingly wakes up and starts to rub her eyes. Frantically Jigar rushes in.

Jigar: Rashi, get up. Gopi Bhabhi is missing

Rashi slow on on understanding: Huh what did you say?

Koki who comes in at the moment takes another chance to taunt rashi: Jigar leave it. How would she know? Rashi rani has just woken up now, while everyone is looking for Gopi vau. I have no idea how these two are even considered to be related.

Seeing Koki glaring at her, Rashi quickly gets up and tries to cover up: Voh voh kaki ji Gopi nahin hai?

Koki: Kamaal hai Rashi, pura ghar Gopi vau ko lekar pareshaan hai, aur yeh baat tumhe ab pata chali hai. Kaisi behan ho tum?

Jigar disappointedly looked at rashi, as he noticed Rashi's careless nature which was brought to light by Koki.

All of the MM members looked frantically looked all over for Gopi, but she was not to be found. It was finally decided by Chirag to involve the police to locate Gopi, as they had no other option.

Koki was in her room facing her vanity mirror, and started to blame herself for Gopi's fate, and tears rolled down her cheek thinking what would have happened to her innocent, nave pure Gopi vau.  

Ahem's Room:

Ahem too wondered where Gopi disappear all of a sudden. He spoke to himself: I mean yesterday itself, Gopi made such a big breakfast, and elaborate dinner. She even came in and slept here on the floor at night. Then how did she sudden ….Wait a min, was all that dinner just her way of saying goodbye? Did she plan to go away? Was all this pre-mediated? But I wonder where she is, and how she is. She doesn't even know how to read and write, and has no exposure to the real outside world. How will she manage? Wait a min, why am I so concerned about that gawar. And Ahem's consciousness kicks and answers because whether you like to accept it or not, you are her husband Ahem. Just running away from the truth doesn't change the truth.

Rashi's Room in the evening:

Rashi was overjoyed with the turn of events, and could not help herself from sharing the good news with her mother over.

Rashi: Finally that Gopi ben gawar left. Thank God she realized.

Urmila: haan beta. Now listen you are the heiress of the Modi riches. But don't show that you're happy, or else that kagdi will taunt you more. Be careful of her.

Rashi: Yes, you're right. I'll be careful of kagdi.

Just then Jigar enters, and asks Rashi who is she speaking to; Rashi kisi se baat kar rahi ho kya?

Quickly putting the phone away, Rashi answers back: Haan Jigar ji Mummy se baatein kar rahi thi. She's very worried too about Gopi.

Jigar: Rashi please bring my dinner. I have no wish to go downstairs.

swasthi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
MM has now declared that Gopi is missing.

Looking forward to the next update where Ahem will begin to miss her.
Traxy101 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I really like your story and your way of writing and I can't wait for the next update as Ahem becomes more and more miserable because Gopi's gone and watching Gopi blossom. 
angelirebelli thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thankfully Aham now realizes he cannot live in denial forever...

Love the story and the way you are pacing it... 

Keep up the good work!!! 
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice update...waiting to see aham missing gopi