Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

It's Apara Mehta V/s Vibha Chibber on TV..

It's Apara Mehta V/s Vibha Chibber on TV..

Apara Mehta and Vibha Chibber are on the hunt to get a suitable match for their sons in their upcoming shows. Which mother will strike gold is the question now...

Viewers have been seeing the two stern mothers Apara Mehta and Vibha Chibber in action on small screen, as they are on a hunt for prospective brides for their sons.

Wondering what we are talking about? Well, we are referring to the similar looking promos of two upcoming shows on television. WhileApara Mehta portrays the light hearted yet stern mother in Colors' upcoming show Hamari Saas Leela, produced by Neela Telefilms, Vibha Chibber is the elder Mrs. Kaushik in Zee TV and Rashmi Sharma Telefilms' upcoming show, Mrs. Kaushik Ke Paanch Bahuyein.

A one look at both the promos, and one can visualize the striking similarity in the concepts which revolves around the mothers looking for a perfect match for their sons.

So how will the mothers go about this task? Which mother will emerge as the ultimate winner when it comes to TRPs?

If we go about looking at the experience of the actors, it looks asthough Apara has it in her to play the perfect mother-in-law as this zone is not new to her at all. On the other hand, we have Vibha who got to become a good mother in Star PlusBidaai, but needs to prove a point when it comes to portraying the demanding saas on small screen.

On this note, we talked to both the leading ladies  Apara Mehta and Vibha Chibber to know what they have to say about being pitted against each other in similar looking shows.

Apara justifies it like this. "Our story is very light hearted as it is based in Mumbai. The mother in law is very much genuine who understands life. But just because some past incident has shattered her, she makes her mind to find a perfect bride for her sons. Otherwise she has given all freedom to her children to live their life".

While Vibha has this to say, "I don't think our story is similar to the Colors' show, because my sons are already married; I am searching for a suitable girl only for my youngest son. And as the promo says, a girl who lies a lot will be my daughter in law. That's all I know
about my show".

It's now to be seen which of the mothers strikes gold! And when it comes to the production houses in competition, both Neela Telefilms and Rashmi Sharma Telefilms have succeeded in giving hit shows in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah and Saathiya respectively. However
Neela Telefilms' last launch Pyaar Mein Twist could not get the needed TRP ratings, while Rashmi Sharma's Sasural Simar Ka has not had a great start.

All we can say is, Let The Game Begin..

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.Tanya. thumbnail

Apara Mehta to feature in Kitchen Champion...

Apara Mehta to feature in Kitchen Champion...

Apara Mehta will be seen promoting her upcoming show on Colors, Hamaari Saas Leela, in Kitchen Champions.

Tellybuzz  broke the news about the next season of Kitchen Champion, this time making a comeback with Ronit Royaccompanied by Smita Singh as the hosts.

The latest we hear is that Apara Mehta, who will be seen in Colors' upcoming show Hamari Saas Leela, will make an appearance in Kitchen Champions to promote the show.

A source says, "Apara Mehta will come as a celebrity guest inKitchen Champions and will be seen helping Anandi (Pratyusha Banerjee) in the competition."

We also hear that Neha Prajapati, who will be playing Apara Mehta's daughter in Hamari Saas Leela, will also be coming in one of the episodes.

We contacted Apara Mehta and she said, "Yes, I will be coming as one of the celebrity guests in one of the episodes of Kitchen Champion and I will be coming to promote my upcoming show."

The new season of Kitchen Champion will launch on 23 May on Colors.

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

.Tanya. thumbnail

Saas Leela tackles gay issues
Hamari Saas Leela's lead character is experiencing a Dostana moment these days. While she's busy trying to line up pretty girls for her honhaar elder son Harsh, the boy just keeps reiterating that he's not interested in girls. Leela began suspecting her son's intentions and more or less convinced that her son is gay and hence refusing to meet girls. Harsh, played by Malhar Pandya, is having a hard time convincing his mother that he's not interested in marriage and has no problem with girls. Malhar says, "While shooting for this scene, all I could think about was that song from Dostana - Maa da laadla bigad gaya! It was an awkward scene as I was convincing maa that I am not gay. Usually the coming out  is an issue but for me it was the other way round. The scene was hilarious and I hope the viewers enjoyed it."

Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Apara Mehta - Wanted as both Damini and Leela..

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 | 4:17:06 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    2 Comments
Apara Mehta - Wanted as both Damini and Leela..

Apara Mehta is puzzled between essaying Leela and Damini...

Apara Mehta, the seasoned actress has always proved her talent in every role that has been offered to her. The lady who is still known as the mother in law of Tulsi in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi is presently playing the central character of Leela in Colors' Hamari Saass Leela. But she has a big problem in hand, as  she is apparently caught between her new role of Leela and her role of Damini in the popular SAB TV show, Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo.

A source informs, "As per the present scenario, Optimystix wants her to get back to the SAB show, for which they are constantly trying to persuade her. There was a problem created on the sets of Hamari Saas Leela yesterday night. All started when Apara Mehtawas getting frequent calls from Optimystix, and the lady was trying her level best to explain to them that she has signed an exclusive contract with Neela Telefilms, because of which she cannot do another show. It's almost been three months since the character of Damini has been not shown in Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo. But now the show wants her back, but Apara on the other hand is fully tied up with Saas Leela".

TellyBuzz contacted Apara and she cleared, "Yes, yesterday there was a chaos as my cell phone got switched off and the Optimystix people wanted to get in touch with me as they desperately need me for Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo. But being a responsible actress I know my responsibilities. I am needed in Saas Leela for almost all the days, so I cannot continue with Sajan Re".

Does this mean you will be quitting Sajan Re? "I am not so sure on that, but we are trying to get to a solution", states Apara.

Let's see if Apara gets the chance to enthrall viewers as both Damini and Leela in the near future..

Edited by Faraan_4_Shweta - 12 years ago
Faraan92 thumbnail

Aditi Sajwan comes back with Hamari Saas Leela.

Friday, June 24, 2011 | 1:18:06 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    15 Comments
Aditi Sajwan comes back with Hamari Saas Leela.

Aditi Sajwan after a break comes back to television with Colors'Hamari Saas Leela...

Aditi Sajwan seems to be one of the lucky actors, who got to play different roles without taking long breaks. Be it Yashoda in ColorsJai Shri Krishnaor Imagine's Meera.

After a break she will be back in television withColorsHamari Saas Leela produced by Neela Telefilms. 

A little birdie from the industry informs Tellybuzz, "The production house was worried since few days as they were not getting their first daughter in law opposite to Leela's first son. Therefore, there was no shooting scheduled on Wednesday. Finally, on Thursday Aditi Sajwan got finalized to essay Koyal, the first Bahu of Leela."

"Aditi got finalized and she also shot for her entry track which is expected to be on air today. Aditi will be essaying the role of Koyal, who is very sweet, but at the same time, she is a modern working girl. She is not a perfect bahu for Leela (Apara Mehta), though she is a perfect girl for Leela's son,"adds source.

In between Aditi had done a movie called Laxmi Mahima for Star Gold.

We contacted Aditi and she confirmed, "Yes, I am essaying Koyal in the show and have started shooting for Hamari Saas Leela since yesterday. Hope audience will like my role in this show too."

After Ketkie. J, it's Aditi Sajwan who will be Leela's next Bahu.

Edited by Faraan_4_Shweta - 12 years ago
Faraan92 thumbnail

Koyal- Harsh to have their first date in Hamari Saas Leela...

Monday, June 27, 2011 | 5:47:10 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    8 Comments
Koyal- Harsh to have their first date in Hamari Saas Leela...

ColorsHamari Saas Leela to take a romantic turn...

Tellybuzz earlier reported about Aditi Sajwanentering ColorsHamari Saas Leela as Koyal who will be Leela's (Apara Mehta) first daughter in law. And now the show will focus on the love track between Koyal and Harsh.

A source informs, "The coming episodes of the show will see love track of Koyal and Harsh. But to start with, in today's episode viewers will see their first date happening after Koyal's friends will help the couple to meet up without their knowledge."

"Harsh, being an honest guy will tell the truth of her being tricked by her friends about calling her to meet him. Koyal will be impressed by his honesty and will become his friend. This will be followed by a rain sequence wherein both of them have a romantic moment with the track 'Kuch Khas Hai' from the movie Fashion, "adds source.

This sequence will be a starting point of Koyal and Harsh's love story.

We contacted Aditi Sajwan and she says, "Yes, it is really a romantic rain sequence. And the special thing about this sequence is that it's for the first time I am doing this kind of romantic scene. This is the sequence after which I will really fall in love with Harsh. I just enjoyed three hours of getting wet."

With this love story starts in Hamari Saas Leela!

Faraan92 thumbnail

Leela is experiencing a 'Dostana' moment

Richa BaruaRicha Barua, TNN | Jun 9, 2011, 11.43am IST

Hamari Saas Leela's lead character is experiencing a 'Dostana' moment these days. While she's busy trying to line up pretty girls for her 'honhaar' elder son Harsh, the boy just keeps reiterating that he's not 'interested in girls'. 

Leela, the simple sweet lady, has now started suspecting if her son is actually trying to tell her something else. 

Leela is more or less convinced that her son is gay and hence is refusing to meet girls for marriage. While she's still mulling over this piece of information, Harsh played by Malhar Pandya is actually having a hard time convincing his mother that he's just not interested in marriage...it's not the girls he has a problem with. 

Malhar Pandya who plays Harsh says, "All I could think about while shooting for this scene was that song from Dostana - Maa da laadla bigad gaya! It was an awkward scene because I have to try to convince that mother that I am not gay...usually the 'coming out' is an issue with people...for me it was the other way round. The scene is rather hilarious though. The viewers will surely enjoy it." 

Poor Leela. Maybe Harsh should have some mercy on her and at least agree to meet the girls his mom is trying to fix him up with. At least she won't have to now add boys to her search efforts!

Faraan92 thumbnail

Unity on the sets of Hamari Saass Leela

Sunday, June 05, 2011 | 11:13:05 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    6 Comments
Unity on the sets of Hamari Saass Leela

The actors of Colors' Hamarai Saas Leela have gelled well in short period of time...

It's just been a week since Colors' Hamari Saass Leela has started and the latest we hear is about the onset atmosphere of the show.

A little birdie from the sets informs, "It has been just one month that the cast is spending time with each other and within this small period of time, they have gelled so well with each other that everyone plays pranks on the seniors on the sets. Apara Mehta, Feroz Bhagat and Lily Patel too get involved in the pranks."

"Everyone share such a great rapport that they set fire on the sets. The entire cast, specially the youngsters, stand together if something goes wrong with any of the member. Lily Patel (Baa) is the major target with whom the young actors get along well and have fun with. The entire cast wait for each other so that they can have food together,"adds source.

Neha Prajapati too confirmed, "Within such a short period we have mixed so well that we have become like a family. Its a great unity on the sets"

Sanjay R Gagnani whose entry is expected on the coming Tuesday's episode says, "Not only on the sets but we boys  also joined the same gym and we go together there."

Hope your rapport continues to flourish in the same way…