Mythological Masti

Ramayan of Krittivas Ojha: a study *New updt pg 11 (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 13

arun-deeps

IF-Rockerz

arun-deeps

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 1:34am | IP Logged

Thanx for sharing such a wonderful story Urmi di!!!

Never knew abt this before!Shocked 
B'ful b'ful update!! Really cherish that!ClapClapClapClapClap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ramayan of Krittivas Ojha: a study *New updt pg 11 (Page 9)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 03 October 2011 at 4:14am | IP Logged
Urmila

Thanks for the background story of what made Rama do the puja.  In the ASR, they didn't show Ravan taking refuge in Ma Durga.

But did the incident of Hanuman killing the rakshasha Mayasura get described here, or did ASR get it from somewhere else?

P.S.  Ain't Shasthi the first day of the pujas, rather than Saptami?

Urmila11

Urmila11

Goldie

Urmila11

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 12:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Urmila

Thanks for the background story of what made Rama do the puja.  In the ASR, they didn't show Ravan taking refuge in Ma Durga.

But did the incident of Hanuman killing the rakshasha Mayasura get described here, or did ASR get it from somewhere else?

P.S.  Ain't Shasthi the first day of the pujas, rather than Saptami?

What is the incident of rakshash Mayasur? In which Kanda does it take place? I never heard about this! No, Krittivas did not describe this.

No. Saptami is the first day of the Puja. Shasthi is the day of Bodhon or welcome ceremony of Mother which has to be performed BEFORE Puja. During the Bodhon, Devi is decorated with all the ornaments & equipped with all her weapons she hold on 10 hands. Thus she becomes ready on Shasthi for war with the demon Mahishasur. The Navapatrika is also made on this day, because it has to be bathed on the very next morning (Saptami morning). So in one word, Shasthi is used to decorate Goddess as well as to arrange all the things for Puja. Actual Puja starts from next morning with the bath of Navapatrika.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya.Vrish.

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 3:57am | IP Logged
Thanks for the description of Bodhan and other details Thumbs Up

The Mayasura incident was what they showed in ASR when Hanuman was off to get the 1000 (they didn't say 108 here) flowers.  A demon called Mayasura played all sorts of tricks to sabotage Hanuman getting the flowers, and ultimately, Hanuman fought & killled him.  Since they embedded this incident in this larger story, I was curious about whether Krittivas included it.

DebipriyaUrmila11

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 12 October 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Urmila11

Yes Vrish, this event is from Krittivasi Ramayan Smile ok I will post it later, I have this event in my list of next updates already Smile Now am extremely busy so please bear with me until Durga Puja vacation Embarrassed then I will be free & will try to fill all the missing stories in this thread.

Urmila

Please describe the story of Hanuman tricking Mandodari into revealing the location of the weapon that could kill Ravan. Smile

Urmila11

Urmila11

Goldie

Urmila11

Posted: 13 October 2011 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
^^^ Yes Vrish, I will surely post that story in my next update Smile but just now I'm thinking to place a welcome banner on the top of 1st page of this thread Tongue but as I'm not a sig-maker, I have no much idea about art of sigs/banners Embarrassed Can you please suggest something? I think the banner should contain only paintings from Ramayan as all the seven kandas will be shown.So how does it sound?

Edited by Urmila11 - 13 October 2011 at 11:16pm

DebipriyaShivangBuch

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 14 October 2011 at 3:03am | IP Logged
If you're talking about the first post of this thread, good idea.  I'm not sure that threads can have banners different from the banner of the forum in which it is located.  Did I understand you right?

ShivangBuchUrmila11

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 14 October 2011 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
res... will read it carefully and comment soon!

Urmila11.Vrish.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top