Mythological Masti

Ramayan of Krittivas Ojha: a study *New updt pg 11 (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 13

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 26 July 2011 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
Thank you for sharing both these stories Sema, and that too in such great detail... really enjoying this thread thoroughly!!! The Lakshman one was really inspiring (apart from the point of Hanumanji having pride, as Shivang bhaiya pointed out... excuse us both for being allergic to that implication LOL), and it was something that I was curious about after seeing a comment under a youtube vid which briefly alluded to this as the reason he was able to defeat Meghnaad. It was the vid of RSR's Meghnaad Vadh scene. Now I know the full details thanks to you!!! And the Taranisen story was indeed very tragic... what made it most tragic, IMO, was that Vibhishan knew what was in his son's heart but Shri Ram didn't?! I'm used to the "prabhu toh bhakt ko pehchaane, par bhakt nahin prabhu ko pehchaane" concept even when it comes to Shri Ram... so for him to not abide by it in this situation and bring it to the point where Vibhishan had to do what he did is just really Cry Please do follow this up with a humorous one like the Angad-Ravan exchange, along with any other light incidents like the Hanumanji one from last time! We need dessert Tongue Thanks again for these though Hug

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuch.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ramayan of Krittivas Ojha: a study *New updt pg 11 (Page 7)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Urmila

I remembered another thing - when we first saw the killing of Ravan in ASR, my uncle mentioned to me that the weapon used to kill him was obtained by Hanuman from Mandodari by tricking her.  According to this, that weapon had been in Mandodari's possession, and buried within a pillar in her quarters.  Hanuman found out that only Mandodari had that weapon, so he took the form/disguise as Ravan, and visited her, and asked her for the weapon.  Mandodari told him that it was buried in that pillar, and then Hanuman took his real ginormous form, broke the pillar and stole it from under Mandodari's nose.

Is this in Krittivas, or does he not cover it?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch

Urmila11

Urmila11

Posted: 07 September 2011 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Yes Vrish, this event is from Krittivasi Ramayan Smile ok I will post it later, I have this event in my list of next updates already Smile Now am extremely busy so please bear with me until Durga Puja vacation Embarrassed then I will be free & will try to fill all the missing stories in this thread.

DebipriyaShivangBuch

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 07 September 2011 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Aar 1 mash baki achey, so take your time.  If you can, please post the above story on Vijay Dashami, so as to coincide w/ Dusshera, so that it'll be more contextual LOL

DebipriyaUrmila11

Urmila11

Urmila11

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Friends, I am preparing the story of Lord Ram's Durga Puja Smile I love this story & I am sure that you all will love it Smile It's the incident following which Durga Puja is performed in Bengal each year. We try to follow the footprints of Lord Ram by performing the rituals just like he did! This is the suitable time to post this story, so I will try to post it within this Dusshera festival Big smile

Debipriya.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
^^^^ Yeah, please fill us in on that, and the story behind this scene in ASR

DebipriyaUrmila11

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
^^ Vrish, do you remember which episode that was? Was it right before Ravan vadh? I remember reading the written update of this scene in RF, but I never saw the actual episode!

Sema, waiting for the story, dear!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
LJR

It was b4 Rama's 2nd battle w/ Ravan - the one where Ravan defeated Sugriv, Hanuman & Lakshman, and was knocked out by Vibheeshan

Post Reply New Post

Go to top