Mythological Masti

Ramayan of Krittivas Ojha: a study *New updt pg 11 (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 13

Urmila11

Goldie

Urmila11

Posted: 25 June 2011 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Friends, here are the main pages from Valmiki Ramayan's translation, it helps to understand the translation part & the comment part individually instead of mixing them up, here are the links,

http://www.valmikiramayan.net/aranya/sarga45/aranya_45_frame.htm

http://www.valmikiramayan.net/aranya/sarga49/aranya_49_prose.htm

the same with slokas,

http://www.valmikiramayan.net/aranya/sarga49/aranya_49_frame.htm

(Thanks to my well wisher Shivang bhaiya for reminding me about this) 

Edited by Urmila11 - 25 June 2011 at 9:02am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchRehanismarun-deepslola610.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ramayan of Krittivas Ojha: a study *New updt pg 11 (Page 4)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 25 June 2011 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Urmila

Can you describe the Krittivas account of Sita abaharan?  Also, I'd like to know the other stories as well - Angad in Ravan's court, Taranisen, Ahiravan and the Uttarkand.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchUrmila11Rehanism

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 30 June 2011 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Can anyone tell me, in which version is Ravan contesting in Sita's swayamvar shown?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11

Urmila11

Goldie

Urmila11

Posted: 30 June 2011 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

Can anyone tell me, in which version is Ravan contesting in Sita's swayamvar shown?

This is shown in both Krittivas & Tulsidas version, but Krittivas narrated it more elaborately. Valmiki didn't show this incident.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya.Vrish.

Urmila11

Goldie

Urmila11

Posted: 08 July 2011 at 8:33am | IP Logged

Friends, I'm really sorry for the late Embarrassed but here is my first update in this thread, it's short & contains only two wonderful stories, hope you like them Smile

Lankakand

Sita Maa feeds Hanuman

After Ram's rajyabhisek, Ram gave various gifts to vanar heroes & Vibhison. Then Sita went to cook for all guests. After a long time, the four brothers took their meal together! Sita started to serve launch for Hanuman. She gave him rice (the principal food in Bengal) first & went to bring other items from kitchen. Meanwhile, Hanuman ate all the rice! When Sita came with other items, she found Hanuman's plate empty. She didn't want to serve those items in empty plate. She rushed to kitchen & brought rice again for Hanuman. But Hanuman finished it again before Sita entered with other items! The same case happened for 3-4 times, & then Sita became very astonished. She thought, "I, Goddess Lakshmi, can fulfill the whole universe with various wealth within just a moment. But today I can't understand why I fail to feed this monkey! It seems that my unlimited storage will be finished for him! I can't realize who he is."

Sita washed her hands & started meditation to recognize Hanuman. Then she found that Hanuman is the incarnation of Lord Shiva! The Lord of Kailas himself is here in a disguise of a monkey! Who can quench his hunger!

Then Sita made a plan. She stood behind Hanuman, & put some rice on his head, uttering "Om namo Shivay". As she stood behind him, Hanuman couldn't see her to do that. Then Sita smiled & told him, "Hanuman! How much rice have you eaten? Surely you have been overloaded with rice, because they rise up on your head!"

Hanuman agreed, "Yes, mother, now my hunger is quenched completely. O mother! O consort of Lord Vishnu! How can I know your glory? You can defeat even Bramha-Vishnu-Maheshwar!"

Edited by Urmila11 - 08 September 2011 at 8:31am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchRehanismlola610.Vrish...RamKiJanaki..

Urmila11

Goldie

Urmila11

Posted: 08 July 2011 at 8:35am | IP Logged

Lankakand

Ahiravan vadh

After Mahiravan's death, his widow queen became furious to take revenge. She thought, "My husband has worshipped Devi Durga (Yogadya) with full devotion. Why did Goddess become an enemy of the king? Goddess Durga is only responsible for all the disturbances in our kingdom; she helped men & monkey to immolate my husband! So I will immerse her idol in water, & then will kill the two men with that monkey!" the queen took bow & arrows & became ready for war. She particularly attacked Hanuman.

Hanuman's all attempts failed in that war, the queen destroyed his each attack! Being worried, Hanuman kicked on her. The queen was pregnant, as a result of Hanuman's kick, a dangerous demon born at once from her womb! He was mature like a young man just after his birth! That son, named Ahiravan, started war with Hanuman. Watching his war, Shri Ram & Lakshman smiled. Hanuman laughed, "A newly born baby has such courage! Unbelievable!"

Ahiravan became indomitable & Hanuman tried to kill him. But couldn't catch him due to the baby's slippery body (as he was covered with blood of mother's womb), whenever Hanuman tried to catch him, he slipped off. Then Hanuman prayed to Pavan Dev, storm appeared & dust covered the body of Ahiravan! Then Hanuman easily caught him & slayed him. Having defeated all enemies, Hanuman returned with Ram-Lakshman. They carried Devi Durga from patal lok in order to establish her in another suitable place. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanismarun-deeps.Vrish.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 08 July 2011 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
^^ Thanks a lot for the stories, Sema!Hug I really like the first one, it's a cute Sita-Hanuman story which reminds me of the Sindhoor Hanuman story that ASR showed during Uttar Kand.Big smile I heard of this story before, though in that version it took place at Valmiki's ashram after Sita's vanvaas.

Somehow, I cannot accustom myself to the second one though.Unhappy The fact that Hanuman would kick a pregnant woman and then slay her baby while it was still an infant seems so much like...Kamsa that I can't think of our beloved Bajrangbali like that.Pinch  And why would Ram and Lakshman laugh while Hanuman is doing that?! This story reminds me of the Ananda Ramayan version of Uttar Kand, where Ramji asks Lakshman to kill Sita after he leaves her in the jungles and bring him her ear as proof.ShockedDead 

Thanks for same for sharing both of them though, you really worked hard typing up all that.Clap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchUrmila11Rehanism

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 10 July 2011 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much for the stories Sema Hug The first one is really adorable, it reminds me of this scene from the 70s movie Bajrangbali... Krittivas must've been the inspiration behind it!

Thanks again yaar, can't wait for more stories Dancing

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuch

Post Reply New Post

Go to top