Mythological Masti

Ramayan of Krittivas Ojha: a study *New updt pg 11 (Page 12)

Post Reply New Post

Page 12 of 13

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 15 July 2012 at 1:14am | IP Logged

Ei chobi Ta durdanto - pg 1 e kothao lagiyey din!

Aar koTi koTi dhonnobad for all the updated stories! Clap

Edited by .Vrish. - 15 July 2012 at 1:14am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuch..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ramayan of Krittivas Ojha: a study *New updt pg 11 (Page 12)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

arun-deeps

IF-Rockerz

arun-deeps

Posted: 15 July 2012 at 5:47am | IP Logged
wooowww Sema di wonderful wonderful posts!! loved both of dem..
so beatifulClapClapClap

Ravan looked at Heaven in search of Indra. He thought, "Did Indra see my failure?  Hopefully not." LOL
esp loved it...m just trying to imagine Ravan's expressionLOL
Infact, I've seen Ravan entering Swayamvar in some old movies.now I know d whole story coz of u..thanx..keep posting such wonderful stories! m looking forward to have more gyaan frm uEmbarrassed

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuch.Vrish.

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 11 August 2012 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
Finally got to read the latest update properly... thank you so much for sharing so much knowledge with us, Sema devi! Really appreciate it Hug They were all wonderful as were the comments Shivang, Gunu and Vrish posted after - much of which helped me absorb them even better :) I have nothing to add really; just that I particularly liked the 2nd story. I don't know why but stories like these, where Ravan shows some form of awareness about Shri Ram's (and his own) true identity and proves to be acting out of a place of knowledge rather than ignorance really intrigue me. There may be much more to learn from when it is interpreted on a more human level of true karmphal for true villainy, but I just feel better about everything when I think of everyone as consciously having played a role in the avtaar to support God's purpose of teaching lessons :)

DebipriyaUrmila11.Vrish...RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
Sema, I'm so sorry for being inactive in this thread! Thank you SO much for the recent update of Yudh Kand. It's very interesting and I never heard this story before, nor seen it in any Ramayan show or movie.Shocked It once again prooves Hanumanji's intelligence and loyalty to Shri Ram. There is nothing that is impossible for him.
You are such a storehouse of knowledge, looking forward to your next update.Day Dreaming

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Urmila/Debi

Is anything mentioned about Mandavi in Krittivas, other than the fact that she married Bharat and had 2 sons from him - Taksha & Pushkal?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11

Debipriya

Debipriya

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Urmila/Debi

Is anything mentioned about Mandavi in Krittivas, other than the fact that she married Bharat and had 2 sons from him - Taksha & Pushkal?

I am yet to read Unhappy the complete text of Krittivas Ramayan.

Only Sema or any other person who has read the full text, will be able to answer your qs Smile.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11.Vrish.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Urmilla / Sema,

Wonderful effort from your side.Clap I have enjoyed each and every bit of it. 

I have a small suggestion / request. Instead of just narrating stories and summarizing them in English, you can also quote a few lines (with your translation, of course) to show how the poet has described the situation in his own words.

In my experience, a language comes alive in the hands of such master poets. Sometimes, words with double meanings are used, sometimes a scene (whether pictorial or emotional) is described so vividly, you can visualize it perfectly. And that, in my opinion is the hallmark of a great writer- to make the reader see what he (the writer) has in his imagination.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Vrish / Debi  

Why don't  you take a stab @ a few translations yourself?  

According to Wikipedia "Krittivasi Ramayana is not only a translation, but contains picturesque descriptions of Bengali social life and its values."

So Vrish / Debi / Sema ...please enlighten us.

Edited by varaali - 04 November 2012 at 10:53pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top