Mythological Masti

Ramayan of Krittivas Ojha: a study *New updt pg 11 (Page 11)

Post Reply New Post

Page 11 of 13

Urmila11

Urmila11

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 4:29am | IP Logged
@ Vrish,
I am extremely sorry for being so late Embarrassed but my Exam was going on & so I could not find enough time to translate those long stories Embarrassed Anyway, now I will try to fulfill your desire Smile just wait a little. The next update is coming very soon Smile

@ Lola,

Waiting for your editing WinkLOL

Edited by Urmila11 - 11 July 2012 at 4:30am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ramayan of Krittivas Ojha: a study *New updt pg 11 (Page 11)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Urmila11

Urmila11

Posted: 13 July 2012 at 7:23am | IP Logged

@ Debi didi

I can't even express in words how happy I am to see you here didi SmileHeart (for the very first time you are posting here, so accept a loving welcome from my side Big smile Hug) I have not done anything that can be rewarded by such sweet & loving praise from you! Embarrassed It is just an inspiration which I received from Shri Ram Himself Star & none but He is directing this thread thruogh my hand! Smile Yes, translations & typing takes me a lot of time LOL & so you can see, our beloved devotee friends who egerly wait for new stories are disappointed sometimes Cry But I try to fulfill their wishes as Shri Ram always wishes us to see Him within His devotees (RCM-Shavari prasanga Smile) ! We should always spread His prasanga among everyone, that's also His wish!

Yes, that will be very fine if the English version of KR is found online but I think this will not be possible very soon Unhappy Till then I am trying at my best to present al least some of the main facts in this thread Smile 
Yes, I know the fact of Barbarik Big smile very devotional fact indeed! I have watched this in SK Smile & you are absolutely right to remember that in similarity with the Taranisen vadh incident. I agree, they have similarities Smile This is also Lord's Leela to behalve same in two incarnations, Ram & Krishna Big smile

Thanks for loving the Durga Puja story Heart I have posted its link in your Durga Puja thread also Smile

Yes, index's plan is really sounds good & you know, I have thought it already Big smile & a beautiful banner has been made by our Gunia to be placed on the index Big smileStar So you will see the index very soon, I will try to make it just after my next update Smile

The idea of welcome siggie has been postponed then Unhappy but I have still the same wish in my mind, now all is His wish & blessings! Smile
Thanking you for your LONG post LOL
Jai Shri Ram! Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya.Vrish.

Urmila11

Urmila11

Posted: 13 July 2012 at 7:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by eyeofnewt

Thanks so much for this insightful thread, Urmilla11!!! Tongue

Is there any possibility you could create a similar one based on the Telugu Ranganatha Ramayana and the Gujarati Ramayan? I know there are very interesting and different accounts of Sita's birth in those two versions (born from a golden lotus and a pot of rishis' blood, respectively).

Thanks for reading & liking the thread Smile you are welcome here Smile
Yes, I know that different versions which are popular in different states of India (& also, in some other countries) have many differences from the main Valmiki Ramayan & contain lots of interesting new stories. But personally I cannot create a similar thread for Telegu Raghunatha (not Ranganatha, I think) Ramayan or Gujrati Ramayan as I have never read them Unhappy I am a Bengali, so I know the Krittivas version from my childhood as its medium is my own mother language. You will find both Telegu & Gujrati members in this forum Smile who may fulfill your wish!

Debipriya.Vrish.

Urmila11

Urmila11

Posted: 13 July 2012 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vibhishna

Thanks a lot for the beautiful stories. Just started reading them - will try to catch up.

Thanks for coming here & reading the stories Smile You are welcome here! Keep visiting for more new stories Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

Urmila11

Urmila11

Posted: 13 July 2012 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
Ok friends, after a long time, I am here again with a new update Smile
This update contains 3 short stories, all about king Ravan Evil Smile enjoy!

Before posting the update, I want to give a special thanks to our dear sister Gunia for making a beautiful update banner for this thread ClapStar

Aadikand

Ravan's attempt on the Hardhanu before Sita's swaymvar

He who will be able to string the bowstring of the bow given by Lord Shiv will marry the beautiful daughter of king Janak, this news spread over the world. All the kings from different countries started to come to Mithila, but could not succeed to fulfill Janak's condition. Nobody could even move the great bow a little!

Dashanan Ravan, the king of golden Lanka, heard all of these. He arrived at Mithila along with Akampan, Prahasta, Marich & Mahodar. When Janak heard this he became worried, "Now what to do? If Ravan fails he will burst into anger & surely will snatch my daughter", he said.

But Janak could not misbehave with his guest. He welcomed Ravan & offered him a beautiful singhasan. Then gently asked, "I am fortunate enough to meet you. What is the reason of your arrival?" Ravan replied, "O King! Do give me your daughter Sita, I have come to marry her." Janak told, "Oh sure! Who else can equal you as her husband? But there is a condition, King! Go & string the bowstring of Shiv's bow, & I will perform the kanya daan in no time." Ravan laughed wildly, "I have put the great Kailas Parvat on my hand, what challenge this small bow is for me! Do give me Sita first, if you wish so much I will break that bow before leaving Mithila."

Janak calmly said, "No Dashanan! You have to fulfill my promise first. All my prajas must watch & know that my promise became fulfilled & the Hardhanu had really been broken." Then Prahasta supported Janak & said to Ravan, "Do never break one's promise, king! Janak will give his Janaki after you win that bow, otherwise you will snatch her with force." At last Ravan said, "Ok, mamaji!* But remember, I will not accept any kind of excuse after winning the bow."

All people of Mithla broke down to watch Ravan's attempt. Ravan proudly entered into the room where Hardhanu was placed. He became greatly tensed watching the divine bow but did not express that feeling on his face. He applied all his twenty hands at a time on the bow but could not move it a little. Prahasta was beside him, Ravan asked, "Mamaji! What to do now? It cannot be moved", Prahasta said, "King Lankeshwar! Don't make these people of Mithila Nagari laugh at you! Forget your worry & fear, collect all of your energy & try again."

Ravan tried again & again but failed. He thought, "What's the matter? I have put Kailas & Mandar in hand but this bow seems to be heavier that the great Parvat!" He suggested Prahasta, "Let's try together", but Prahasta denied, "Then who will be decided as Sita'a husband? You have to try again, save your prestige." Ravan told, "This is beyond my capacity. Bring my chariot soon, I will return Lanka."

Before riding on his chariot, Ravan looked at Heaven in search of Indra. He thought, "Did Indra see my failure?  Hopefully not." LOL

The proud king of Lanka fled from Mithila. All the Gods saw this from above & became happy.

Who can snatch the Lakshmi of Shri Lakshmipati? Day DreamingThe Hardhanu's bowstring will be stringed by Lord Narayan only! Star

*  Here Prahasta is shown as Ravan's maternal uncle. 

Lankakand

Ravan expresses his  Birodhi Bhakti to Mandodari

After Mahiravan & Ahiravan's death, Ravan decided to depart again for the battle field. He was dressing for war, in the meantime queen Mandodari tried to stop him, "Lord of Lanka! Being the son of muni Visraba why are you behaving like a fool? I am ignorant woman, how can I convince you? But great men use to say that while a man is in danger he should accept woman's good suggestions in order to save himself. So I want to say something to you.

Swami! You have ruled this Lankapuri since a long, long time. Have you ever seen such impossible, such unusual facts?  Have you ever seen some monkeys to cross ocean? Have you ever seen stones are floating on water? Who had heard that a stone becomes human with a touch of feet? Shri Ram is not a human; he is the incarnation of Vishnu. Give his Sita back to him, & please stop this war."

Dashanan said, "I can do that, but then Vibhishon will laugh at me & I cannot tolerate this. Indra & all the Devatas will conclude that Ravan has been defeated & so he returned Sita. Those negligible creatures will insult me at random. I will rather die by Ram's arrow, but can never return Sita."

Mandodari said, "You are unfortunate. Ram is Lord of this creation. He is patit-pavan. He who saves these three worlds has come to destroy you as an enemy!  Lakshmi-swarupa Sita Devi is worshipped by the whole universe. You are hurting Her in Ashok-kanan! The Paalanhaar has become your Maaranhaar! Nobody can equal you in misfortune!"

Ravan smiled a little, "Queen Mandodari! You are a complete foolish! Sita Thakurani is Shakti-swarupini Mahalakshmi, I know this very well & you need not explain the same to me. Even the great saints cannot keep Her in their house in spite of performing jap-jagya-pujas, I never worshipped Her, but see, that Mahalakshmi is present at my house door! All the rishis worship with hard tapasya but can neither get darshan, nor realize His actual swaroop, such Lord Ram Himself thinks me, leaving food & sleep! His heart is full only with my form; He is only thinking when He will slay me! If I have the fortune to be killed by Him, Yamdoot can never touch me! Vishnudoot will carry me on divine viman & I will straightly reach Vaikunth-lok! See, Mandodari! The Indra & Devatas are my servants in this life, when I will reach Vaikunth, then also I will be placed above them. Thus Ravan will keep his supremacy unaltered even after his death. You don't realize these things, so you are telling me 'unfortunate'. Truth is that there is no fortunate like me in this universe!"

Edited by Urmila11 - 13 July 2012 at 8:41pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchvaraali.anishaa..Vrish.

Urmila11

Urmila11

Posted: 13 July 2012 at 8:15pm | IP Logged

Lankakand

Hanuman finds out Ravan's mrityu-vaan

Vibhishon said, "My Lord! When we three brothers performed tapasya & Lord Bramha appeared, Dashanan wished to be immortal as a boon. Bramha denied giving such boon but Ravan did not change his mind. Then Bramha said, 'Don't worry, Dashanan! I will make you immortal with an indirect boon. If your ten heads or twenty hands are slashed by enemy you will be still alive. No weapon would be able to harm you. Only one arrow (vaan) I am giving you, when this Bramha vaan will enter into your body you will be killed. So accept it & keep very carefully. Remember, if your enemy finds it once, you can no more be saved.' 

This is the fact, my Lord! Queen Mandodari has kept that arrow with great care. I don't know where she has hidden that mrityu-vaan. "

Shri Ram sighed, "Then we are helpless, friend! Who dare to enter into Mandodari's room at Ravan's palace? Even Gods cannot enter there", but Hanuman stood up & said with full confidence, "Why are you being worried so much, Raghunath?  I will bring it to you at once." Hanuman offered his pranaam to Lord's feet & seeking his blessings, he entered into Ravan's palace with disguise of an old Brahmin. He had books & danda in his hand, & sandal on his forehead. "May King Ravan live long" he was uttering again & again. He introduced himself as an astrologer.

Mandodari heard that a Brahmin & wise astrologer has arrived. She called him at once. Hanuman entered into her chamber & took his seat on kushasan, rejecting the golden seat given by the queen. Then he told the queen, "I am equipped with all knowledge of astrology. I am a well wisher of Lankeshwar.  He is in great danger now; I came to bless him for his victory. O queen! You have a very precious wealth in your hand! If you can protect it nobody can conquer your husband. So don't worry at all!"

Mandodari asked, "What is that wealth, Lord?" Hanuman said, "I came to know it with my prediction. The king's life & death is in your chamber." Mandodari said, "I cannot understand what you are watching in my room." Hanuman smiled, "No, queen! Don't try to cheat me! I know very high level of astrology. I can tell about each & everything of this Lankapuri.  Anyway, remember what I say. Even if Lord Bramha himself come here & ask you about that precious thing, never express where you have kept it."

The queen became astonished very much. How this Brahmin could know about that vaan? She realized that he is not an ordinary astrologer. She said, "I have carefully hidden it." Hanuman told, "Happy to hear this from you. Be careful & alert about it." Saying this he was about to leave the room, but turned suddenly & said, "Queen, You are an ignorant woman. Yes I agree that you have kept it with sufficient care but I cannot trust you fully. This is the life & death question of our king! You know, the betrayer Vibhishon is a great enemy of king. He can cause a danger at any moment. There is no place in Lanka which is unknown to Vibhishon! How can our king be saved?"

Then Mandodari told him, "Lord! You need not worry about it! If it could be seen externally I could not save it from Vibhishon. You are a great well wisher of king. I can happily express the secret to you. Bless him that nobody can touch it. It is hidden within this pillar!"

Maruti saw the pillar mentioned by the queen. He kicked on it. The pillar broke down & the arrow comes out. Hanuman took the arrow & coming to his original form, jumped to Ram's camp in no time. He offered the arrow to Shri Ram who hugged him affectionately. All the vanar heroes shouted, "Jai Shri Ram!" Big smile

Edited by Urmila11 - 13 July 2012 at 8:21pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch.anishaa.varaalicityoflights.Vrish...RamKiJanaki..

Urmila11

Urmila11

Posted: 13 July 2012 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
I made a Table of Contents on the Pg 1 Smile Check it out, dear friends!
Once again I thank to dear Gunia for making a divine banner for the TOC of this thread! ClapStar

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch.anishaa..Vrish.

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Urmila11

Before riding on his chariot, Ravan looked at Heaven in search of Indra. He thought, "Did Indra see my failure?  Hopefully not." LOL

ROTFL ROFL

The proud king of Lanka fled from Mithila. All the Gods saw this from above & became happy.

Who can snatch the Lakshmi of Shri Lakshmipati? Day DreamingThe Hardhanu's bowstring will be stringed by Lord Narayan only! Star

And who can lift the bow of Mahadev against Mahadev's own will?WinkBig smile

*  Here Prahasta is shown as Ravan's maternal uncle. 

Yeah. That's quite evident at quite a few places in your story. There can be multiple persons in the same dynasty with the same name and there can be a slightly different relation with the same person in different kalp Ramayan. Either of these two possibilities are open.

Lankakand

Ravan expresses his  Birodhi Bhakti to Mandodari

Ravan smiled a little, "Queen Mandodari! You are a complete foolish! 

Lol!!!!!!! Who is explaining/preaching whom? Or rather who is required to preach whom? Who is more eligible? What an amazing opposite explanation of the same event!!!!!!!!! Our beloved and sympathyworthy Mandodari is actually made look like foolish & sympathyworthy in a different sense this time with such a high level spirituality preached by Ravan. 

Sita Thakurani is Shakti-swarupini Mahalakshmi, I know this very well & you need not explain the same to me. Even the great saints cannot keep Her in their house in spite of performing jap-jagya-pujas, I never worshipped Her, but see, that Mahalakshmi is present at my house door! 

Babu moshay!!!!!!WinkLOL Ham sab is rangmanch ki kathputliyan hain!!!! Aur ab rangmanch ka parda girne hi wala hai...Big smile

All the rishis worship with hard tapasya but can neither get darshan, nor realize His actual swaroop, such Lord Ram Himself thinks me, leaving food & sleep! His heart is full only with my form; He is only thinking when He will slay me! 

Wonderful and clear elaboration of Ravan's virodhi bhakti we have been knowing & discussing often about. Ye to Kevat ke jaisa trickster nikla. Aur bhakti kar hi nahi raha karaa bhi raha hai Bhagwan se.Tongue Buddhiyog dono taraf se. Action and reaction are same. God's response.

If I have the fortune to be killed by Him, Yamdoot can never touch me! Vishnudoot will carry me on divine viman & I will straightly reach Vaikunth-lok! See, Mandodari! The Indra & Devatas are my servants in this life, when I will reach Vaikunth, then also I will be placed above them. Thus Ravan will keep his supremacy unaltered even after his death. You don't realize these things, so you are telling me 'unfortunate'. Truth is that there is no fortunate like me in this universe!"

Itni height of devotion aur spiritual knowledge tak pohonch kar bhi uske dimag me Indra ke sath ki rivalry phir se aayee?? LOL But what a competition to have if it is for this destination. Shouldn't there be a dialog now in the source of Ravan with Ram/Vishnu at the time of leaving the body that "Sorry dear!!! Yamdoot can't come to touch you and you are killed by my own hands; but I can't carry you to Vaikunth still because you still have to be born again for the third time in Dwapar (This was your 2nd birth). I will only carry you after that with me. I know I have killed you. But this is the curse we have to make true together which is still in progress."

Originally posted by Urmila11

Lankakand

Hanuman finds out Ravan's mrityu-vaan

"I am equipped with all knowledge of astrology. I am a well wisher of Lankeshwar.  He is in great danger now; I came to bless him for his victory. O queen! You have a very precious wealth in your hand! If you can protect it nobody can conquer your husband. So don't worry at all!"

"I came to know it with my prediction. The king's life & death is in your chamber." 

"No, queen! Don't try to cheat me! I know very high level of astrology. I can tell about each & everything of this Lankapuri.  Anyway, remember what I say. Even if Lord Bramha himself come here & ask you about that precious thing, never express where you have kept it."

"Happy to hear this from you. Be careful & alert about it." Saying this he was about to leave the room, but turned suddenly & said, "Queen, You are an ignorant woman. Yes I agree that you have kept it with sufficient care but I cannot trust you fully. This is the life & death question of our king! You know, the betrayer Vibhishon is a great enemy of king. He can cause a danger at any moment. There is no place in Lanka which is unknown to Vibhishon! How can our king be saved?"

Then Mandodari told him, "Lord! You need not worry about it! If it could be seen externally I could not save it from Vibhishon. You are a great well wisher of king. I can happily express the secret to you. Bless him that nobody can touch it. It is hidden within this pillar!"

Maruti saw the pillar mentioned by the queen. He kicked on it. The pillar broke down & the arrow comes out. Hanuman took the arrow & coming to his original form, jumped to Ram's camp in no time. He offered the arrow to Shri Ram who hugged him affectionately. All the vanar heroes shouted, "Jai Shri Ram!" Big smile

ROFL Poor wife!!!!!!! Very bad!!!!! Cheating!!!!!!! Ye Shiv ke ansh the ya Vishnu ke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ye sachmuch Hanumanji the ya Krishna????????????ShockedLOL And what a critical strategic situation it was!! Bechari ko condolence dene aur shock se bahar lane ke liye bhi nahi ruk sake.Smile 

Edited by ShivangBuch - 14 July 2012 at 1:36pm

Debipriya.Vrish.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top