Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

rajh

IF-Sizzlerz

rajh

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
i am little disappointed with the start.

why every serial have all negative or mean characters except lead roles?

and why always mother of hero is villain and wife so understanding and devi??

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "30.05.11- My views (Page 2)" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Neha_S

Neha_S

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ramy25

Liked the last part the most. I think the last part was the most defining part of the pilot episode. Most supporting characters seem eh except Ram's best friend's character. I think it was Ram's best friend who was narrating the story...at least in the last part.
So, both characters have the whole "loneliness" and "negligence from mothers" in common. Both seem to give their all in their familial relationships--to their siblings, their mohters...but both hardly receive anything in return...not even a simple "thank you" from heart. Ermm
by the way, Ram isn't the stereotypical "ruthless" business man or it didn't seem like so to me. To me, it seemed that the man knows how to differentiate between professional and personal relationships. He was quite a jovial guy when with his best friend and his family. LOL he's no stereotypical rich business man character wearing tight shirts  or should i say "MAN corsets"LOL

@Priya--- same as Ram. she tries to find the most of the littlest she gets from her overbearing mother whose life revolves around her younger daughter, a body through which she lives her dreams.

Overall--- yeah it started out in the "typical" way but the end was the worth sitting through the beginning and those certain "meh" parts.

I didnt exactly Ram a stereotypical ruthless businessman -I called called him a stereotypical EK male lead. Actually both Priya and Ram are very typical in some ways but very different in others. Its the lil difference that is making me want to watch more of it. As well as the beautiful acting by stars.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nice_n_NaughtyNymeria

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bakwaas100

i am little disappointed with the start.

why every serial have all negative or mean characters except lead roles?

and why always mother of hero is villain and wife so understanding and devi??

That is typical EK. And I guess if there are no negative characters, there is no drama. And the wife is usually the devi because she is the lead. If the mother was the lead, then she would be the devi LOL

I can live with this stereotyping, as long as the rest of it is better than average. 

@Amy - like your analysis; I too think it is good to see Ram as a businessman but someone who is jovial and loving and not just a money-minded, ruthless man. As Neha said, the little differences are what might keep the interest going. 

NymeriaSamraat_92

Nymeria

IF-Sizzlerz

Nymeria

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
@Neha--- oh I didn't say that in response to your "stereotypical" comment. In fact i agree to your comment. The characters do seem stereotypical, but they still seem like tolerable stereotypical characters mainly  because of subtle differences from the "typical" leads (just how you and Vasu mentioned).

@Vasu---Yeah it's good that they didn't show Ram as the typical "I don't believe in relationships/love" sorta MCP because there are bazillion such MCP rich business man characters on tv.  lol now that they haven't shown him such character, they can't show the female lead trying to "change" the male lead with her morals and such lectures.LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

psawyer

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ramy25

@Neha--- oh I didn't say that in response to your "stereotypical" comment. In fact i agree to your comment. The characters do seem stereotypical, but they still seem like tolerable stereotypical characters mainly  because of subtle differences from the "typical" leads (just how you and Vasu mentioned).

@Vasu---Yeah it's good that they didn't show Ram as the typical "I don't believe in relationships/love" sorta MCP because there are bazillion such MCP rich business man characters on tv.  lol now that they haven't shown him such character, they can't show the female lead trying to "change" the male lead with her morals and such lectures.LOL

LOL Arre Amy, that's good na. Sakshi was a total Bhashan Devi in KGGK, so it will be great if she refrains from that in this show. As it is we have too many "pure", sanctimonious and irritating leads on TV to add another to that mix LOL

shamma92Nymeria

Nymeria

IF-Sizzlerz

Nymeria

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Oh no, no "bhashans" and such...those are way too boring and monotonous.
Let Ram and Priya be the  characters who accept one another's flaws and learn to live with those instead of waging a campaign to "change/reform" one another for the better of society and such stuff. LOL

Edited by Ramy25 - 30 May 2011 at 1:29pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92

-Shonaa-

Groupbie

-Shonaa-

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:45pm | IP Logged

You summed it up really well. The show looks promising. And i agree with you for most of the parts. The family background looks so typical. Havent we seen this before?
Nevertheless the plot is quite gripping and ram and sakshi's chemistry is the cherry on the cake.

BAHL deals with a very sensitive issue. Hope ekta doesnt disappoint us.

shamma92

Goldie

shamma92

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
You've summed it up really well! Definitely agree with the points made. The episode I thought was perfect for setting the scene and giving us an inside into the characters and their world, while also setting the scene for the future storyline. The last scene was soo sad but also shows the link that Priya and Ram will have which will eventually bring them together...loneliness and rejection from their families, although as you said Neha, the way Priya takes her mother's lack of attention in her stride is showing her sweet nature of her heart refusing to believe it's true. Also Vasu what you said about their (Ram and Priya's) "deficiencies" is so true, just because they are not yet married doesn't mean there's something wrong with them, it's society perceiving them to be like that!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.