Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 9

Page 1 Page 7
Page   of 9
Page 9 Page 9

Desriee1

Desriee1

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Was real happy when Ram mention he was doing something new and different in this show.
Watching the first episode of Bade Achhe Lagte Hai last night, one couldn't help but think they
were watching Jai Walia in a repackage version of Kasamh Se with unrecognizable faces.
Too bad Ekta couldn't create something more comprehensive than this show for two talented
people.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "First Day, First Show (Page 8)" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

Hey, us Premikas were a one-off breed of phangurls...the only kind who would gladly kick our hero's ass for being a complete and utter fool LOL. And, you know, we weren't just fans of PM - the jodi. We were fans of Prem, and Mukti, separately and individually also. Humare jaisa aur kaun hai? LOL

Koi bhi nahinCoolLOL...We truly were...ARE one of a kind fangirlsLOL...It is very rarely do I consider calling myself fangirly over something...and PM are deffo on top of that listLOL...they gave us plenty of material/reason to :-)

Originally posted by kshreya2002

@Anu: Point on establishing the characters in the first episode itself. Contrast on LTL where layers of every character got peeled off bit by bit. No wonder EK soon runs out of a story to show and resorts to her usual gimmicks.

Exactly, Ksh...I was watching vintage last night and was once again moved by the sheer DETAILING LTL provided to its characters/scenes in every manner...just a brief scene at Morey's police station also...to simultaneously show Morey's lechiness, Babi's growing fear/frustration/helplessness as she curls her fist on the table as she watches how Morey is looking at Nakku, Nakku's discomfort, Ganpat rambling on about the mutton dishes...all of this show simultaneously and in such AMAZING detail that you FEEL each character...Can Ekta find it in herself to show NUANCES to her characters and stories and not just follow her standard formula book for once? Presentation MATTERS, Ekta ji...cuz stories are all the same...it's HOW you tell them, HOW you present them that REALLY matters...you should make us WANT to know more about the characters, what makes them tick...how they think, what they feel...and that will only draw us in if it's done GRADUALLY and with DETAILING.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RockChicGirlpsawyer

~Serendipity~

IF-Rockerz

~Serendipity~

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:51am | IP Logged
heyy...!!!
i liked first episode of BALH...!!
priya was good...so as ram..so many expectations from ekta!!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rosie12

Was real happy when Ram mention he was doing something new and different in this show.
Watching the first episode of Bade Achhe Lagte Hai last night, one couldn't help but think they
were watching Jai Walia in a repackage version of Kasamh Se with unrecognizable faces.
Too bad Ekta couldn't create something more comprehensive than this show for two talented
people.

I agree that Ram deffo has a Jai Walia repackaged vibe...although Jai was more of a brooding types I guess...but funnily enough they even used the Kasamh Se wala Walia mansion ka set to show the first Ram scene...when he's in "Singapore" for that meetingLOL...I was really amused to recognize that...KS hangoverLOL

I agree with you that Ekta deffo could have created something FAR more great for two such talented actors...more detailing to their characters.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RockChicGirl

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:56am | IP Logged
@psawyer and nureat01 AMAZING analysis guys...I agree with everything

my take on the episode- yeah it was filled with bloopers and 100 year old background music..but I loved it none the less. I've been watching Ekta shows since I was a baby so I knew what I was expectin,g so I had no expectations from the technical aspect. I was only waiting for Sakshi and Ram. Sakshi was refreshing and Ram was amazing (esp in the cutlery scene). The guy who plays Vikram(remember him from BB, Glad he's playing a mature character here) loved him too.

I loved how they didnt exaggerate Priya's entry, it was so simple and sweet, in fact I think Ayesha got that cliched entry. I loved how they showed the similar loneliness of Ram and Priya. It was quite random how Vikram just randomly started to think of how someone is made for Ram, but I did think the dialogue was thought worthy.

As for the Keats and love bhashan...I KNEW that something like that was coming, so I didnt think much of it lol. Also I knew since Ram is portrayed as a business man, some illogical business scheme will also be part of the episode.

Actually now that you guys point it out I do see the Pride and Prejudice connection with the mom and Priya. Ram's step mom looked like his wife's ageConfused and I'm betting that in real life she is younger than Ram anyways, that was a bit creepy seeing that but hey its Kekta's show right, I've seen worse stuff

overall I loved the simplicity of the show. Especially Ram and Priya's characters, I loved how they were not complete carbon copies of Parvati and Jai Walia. I also think Ekta herself knows that she show is riding on Ram-Sakshi and thank God that they can ACT, so they carry the story forward. I do hope Sony curse doesnt hit this showOuch

PS- Doris Day is writing the show???! I LOVE herEmbarrassed...she's the genuius behind Tere Liye (before Vikas Gupta and Sandeep what's-his-name stepped inAngryDead)

Edited by Tani91 - 31 May 2011 at 10:57am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RockChicGirlpsawyerAreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

PS- Doris Day is writing the show???! I LOVE herEmbarrassed...she's the genuius behind Tere Liye (before Vikas Gupta and Sandeep what's-his-name stepped inAngryDead)

Doris Dey is a veteran K-soap writer...Tere Liye and all came much later...she's written for the original classic 3 which were frankly much better shows...these days her K-shows don't live up to the originals.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

psawyer

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
^that's true...but I loved her work in TL...just amazing the way she shaped the characters especially of AnuragDay Dreaming

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Wasn't Doris fired (or she left at some point of her own accord) during the KZK era? I remember because the writing distinctly went down immediately, earning the show the title KrapZK LOL LOL 

Good to know she's back. She has in the past done some good work. 

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.