Page 7 of 9

Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 9
Page 8 Page 9

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 8:58am | IP Logged
LOL Vas, I was just reading some other posts in the EDT and stuff...seems like there's only very few of us who found ermmm moments in the epi...lol...everyone else has GLOWING reviews for it, haan?? I guess the bar is set REAL low when it comes to Ekta that ANYTHING seems superlative?LOL

I'm not writing off the show like I said...it was an OK first epi...the bg music really irritated me but there wasn't anything I HATED either...however I do hope to see an improvement to the writing/characterization and maybe better presentation overall fixing the technical glitches...high hopes?LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

psawyer

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "First Day, First Show (Page 7)" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mithuu

IF-Rockerz

Mithuu

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

LOL Vas, I was just reading some other posts in the EDT and stuff...seems like there's only very few of us who found ermmm moments in the epi...lol...everyone else has GLOWING reviews for it, haan?? I guess the bar is set REAL low when it comes to Ekta that ANYTHING seems superlative?LOL

I'm not writing off the show like I said...it was an OK first epi...the bg music really irritated me but there wasn't anything I HATED either...however I do hope to see an improvement to the writing/characterization and maybe better presentation overall fixing the technical glitches...high hopes?LOL

Anu I know what  you mean. But the fact is I still will watch Ram and Sakshi..ignoring all the glitches till I can tolerate it. 
The other serials are even worse..some of the new serials lead actors have just one facial expression stuck on them.  15 year olds and 16 yr olds just not my cup of tea.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

psawyerAreYaar

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:11am | IP Logged
@Anu - LOL, isn't that always the case? Remember the KZK days when it seemed there were very few objective eyes? Sometimes it felt like we were watching a completely different show to everyone else LOL. Damn our logical minds - sometimes I wish I could just switch off that annoying voice in my head and watch everything from a phangurl's perspective LOL. Though I am skating close to that edge with Sakshi, since I have a massive girl-crush on her, but I think I am still not that bad, lol. 

To be fair to the guys here though, even I came to the show with such excitement in the beginning that the first time I watched it I overlooked all the randomness (most of it, anyway - Ram's procurement of the private jet in five seconds flat only to fly it in stormy weathers that all commercial jets will be avoiding made me roll my eyes in disbelief first time around also LOL. It was only when I rewatched it that I came down to earth slightly and looked at it objectively LOL. Yeah, I didn't HATE anything but then I didn'f LOVE anything either. There were no extremes for me in that ep but at least it didn't discourage me from watching it again. 

AreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

@Anu - LOL, isn't that always the case? Remember the KZK days when it seemed there were very few objective eyes? Sometimes it felt like we were watching a completely different show to everyone else LOL. Damn our logical minds - sometimes I wish I could just switch off that annoying voice in my head and watch everything from a phangurl's perspective LOL. Though I am skating close to that edge with Sakshi, since I have a massive girl-crush on her, but I think I am still not that bad, lol. 

To be fair to the guys here though, even I came to the show with such excitement in the beginning that the first time I watched it I overlooked all the randomness (most of it, anyway - Ram's procurement of the private jet in five seconds flat only to fly it in stormy weathers that all commercial jets will be avoiding made me roll my eyes in disbelief first time around also LOL. It was only when I rewatched it that I came down to earth slightly and looked at it objectively LOL. Yeah, I didn't HATE anything but then I didn'f LOVE anything either. There were no extremes for me in that ep but at least it didn't discourage me from watching it again. 

@bold: Ditto...yeah I didn't LOVE anything either but didn't HATE anything also to the extent of not wanting to watch further...deffo watching further...let's see how the RP interactions go...

KZK days tohLOL...I'd say PM fangirls still had the potential to be objective about things to an extentWinkTongueLOL

psawyer

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Hey, us Premikas were a one-off breed of phangurls...the only kind who would gladly kick our hero's ass for being a complete and utter fool LOL. And, you know, we weren't just fans of PM - the jodi. We were fans of Prem, and Mukti, separately and individually also. Humare jaisa aur kaun hai? LOL

AreYaar

RockChicGirl

IF-Stunnerz

RockChicGirl

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:41am | IP Logged
@Vasu: You think its Kiran Bedi's show as she was promoting it on Zee.

@Anu: Point on establishing the characters in the first episode itself. Contrast on LTL where layers of every character got peeled off bit by bit. No wonder EK soon runs out of a story to show and resorts to her usual gimmicks.

psawyer

bithee

bithee

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:17am | IP Logged

To see or not to see as it is a Maayi show I got interested in BALH finally because of two reasons, to see RK and the show is supposed to be 'thora hatke' story...a matured love story...the first episode was telecasted and my take on it...aaj ki do baatein...

1)  The elements of Ekta's show are very much there in the shape and style of two illogical mothers (or witches should I call them)..while Ram's mother looks to be a step mother, Priya's mother is being portrayed as dumb...I am somewhat surprised by this portrayal as Ekta is a successful women with an understanding and supportive mother...she is also not married...why couldn't we see something of that sort?

2)  For loneliness you need not to be ignored by the family, I feel this family will go against Ram and his wife in the future...seeing a marriage being conducted in his house, why cannot Ram feel left out, seeing his friends with their wives and children?  A person who is always busy with work, attends a family function to realise what he has been missing...

nice observation...i guess u  are going to enjoy fast few months of this show as in initial times all shows do very well.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tintinypsawyer

heerhoney

IF-Rockerz

heerhoney

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:39am | IP Logged
so far so gud

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.