First Day, First Show - Page 5

Posted: 12 years ago
I love watching Ram Kapoor he is just amazing. The concept of the show seems very interesting, soo i am excited.

Originally posted by divan

@nureat01 I wholly agree with everything you said.  Everything in the world is moving forward except for maayi's soap formula.  If she wants her production house to survive she better get serious.  Its like she thinks only people in metro are smart...maybe she should visit some gaon and listen to some of them lambast her on her illogical family relationships.

As you said, do you really know the whole life history of the leads in the first epi...a somewhat more focused scenes of the leads would have been nice.  I can still remember the first epi of Agle janam when they show Lalli dive in to the water so she could retrieve the offerings thrown in water...so that she could take it home and her family has something to eat.  It left you with wanting to know more about the character.

I just hope we don't see other Ekta trademarks of copies of cd that reveal some dirty deeds of the lead or Sakshi going around snooping what the sauteli maa and dewar is up to or Sakshi getter pregger and RK kicking her out of the door and then 5 years later remarrying her again.

Oh that first scene of Agle Janam was BRILLIANT...I got goosebumps watching it...Firstly the way that scene was conceived...like you said...this girl diving into the water to get the prasad that ppl had thrown in there so that she could get something for her family to eat...and yet such positivity of spirit throughout...then the bg music...BEAUTIFUL...that was one unique scene...the way they showed the poverty of these characters...their hand to mouth existence and yet there is Laali...what a strong and positive character smiling through what was such a starkly poor existence...ofcourse the show turned in many directions after that but the point is about how you PRESENT a character the first time...you draw the audience in wanting to know more about the character, it's motivations, its circumstances...

Kekta needs to rethink some storytelling methods of hers IMO and also invest some of her big bucks into NEW background scores...she doesn't even have money for THAT much anymore??  Work on PRESENTATION, Ms. Kapoor...WRITING as well as PRESENTATION...We've seen enough of your K-soaps to recognize every stale piece of music as well as every cliched track even in our sleepπŸ˜†
Originally posted by KripaRajput

So the question is Do I watch  the serial ya give it a Miss..

Anu lovely post. Summarized pretty well. Am looking forward to reading more analysis..

Just  wanted to know when did this serial start Mon or Tuesday. Back after the Memorial day weekend so a little ignorant.

Hey thanks yaar...the show just started on Monday...I also managed to watch it late only cuz of the Memorial day long weekend.
I didn't watch Agle Janam but that scene sounds amazing from your descriptions. But wasn't that a Kiran Bedi show? That woman is class, anyway. 

I agree with you both - Ekta needs to realise that long gone are the days when her shows would be watched only because of the actors, or only because they were the only shows on TV. There is so much choice and little tolerance for BS; and the shows that stand out may not be the best in writing, actors or whatever, but they are complete in themselves. If they have holes, people WILL dig through them. And eventually, people will leave. For Ram and Sakshi's sake, for whom this is effectively the "comeback" show, I hope Ekta tightens the belt on this one to avoid people switching off. 
Originally posted by psawyer

I didn't watch Agle Janam but that scene sounds amazing from your descriptions. But wasn't that a Kiran Bedi show? That woman is class, anyway. 

I agree with you both - Ekta needs to realise that long gone are the days when her shows would be watched only because of the actors, or only because they were the only shows on TV. There is so much choice and little tolerance for BS; and the shows that stand out may not be the best in writing, actors or whatever, but they are complete in themselves. If they have holes, people WILL dig through them. And eventually, people will leave. For Ram and Sakshi's sake, for whom this is effectively the "comeback" show, I hope Ekta tightens the belt on this one to avoid people switching off. 

Kiran Bedi? No yaar...Kiran Bedi isn't associated with any fiction soapsπŸ˜•πŸ˜†

Agle Janam was produced by Swastik pictures...a new production house at that time I guess...it did ride on the wave of village/issue based shows that had started with Balika Vadhu but Agle Janam was different in a sense...the stark poverty they showed of the characters really gutted you the first time you saw it...it wasn't melodrama for the sake of it...good storytelling...and a talented cast of actors too...especially Ratan Rajput who played Laali.

Yeah Kekta needs to put some FOCUS into the show...right now she only cares about Pavitra Rishta cuz it's her #1 soap it seems but she'll need to put more thought into BALH if she expects it to live upto whatever vision she's touting she has for it...Ram-Sakshi are obviously doing their jobs well but the writing and scripting needs to improve along with the technical aspects like bg score, dubbing etc...
@Anu - really? I could have sworn there were numerous articles at the time that this was Kiran Bedi's first venture into fiction πŸ˜•...maybe I was dreaming, lol. 

I guess its the same old story with Ekta - whichever show is on top is the only one she cares about. But, as you say, the show needs focus so it doesn't fall into the cracks. Having said that, maybe we are being slightly premature since only one episode has actually aired πŸ˜†; who knows, Ekta could prove us all totally wrong and bring us the best and most sensitive, mature show she's ever done...um, yeah, I don't think so πŸ˜†

Kripa - I would say that there is still hope for the show and really it depends on what your motivation for watching is. For me its my favourite actor, so I can expend that much more energy to watch the show and tolerate the BS. Really its a personal choice, but as I say, maybe Ekta's got a trick or two up her sleeve...
LOL Vas, I was just reading some other posts in the EDT and stuff...seems like there's only very few of us who found ermmm moments in the epi...lol...everyone else has GLOWING reviews for it, haan?? I guess the bar is set REAL low when it comes to Ekta that ANYTHING seems superlative?πŸ˜†

I'm not writing off the show like I said...it was an OK first epi...the bg music really irritated me but there wasn't anything I HATED either...however I do hope to see an improvement to the writing/characterization and maybe better presentation overall fixing the technical glitches...high hopes?πŸ˜†
Originally posted by nureat01

LOL Vas, I was just reading some other posts in the EDT and stuff...seems like there's only very few of us who found ermmm moments in the epi...lol...everyone else has GLOWING reviews for it, haan?? I guess the bar is set REAL low when it comes to Ekta that ANYTHING seems superlative?πŸ˜†

I'm not writing off the show like I said...it was an OK first epi...the bg music really irritated me but there wasn't anything I HATED either...however I do hope to see an improvement to the writing/characterization and maybe better presentation overall fixing the technical glitches...high hopes?πŸ˜†

Anu I know what  you mean. But the fact is I still will watch Ram and Sakshi..ignoring all the glitches till I can tolerate it. 
The other serials are even worse..some of the new serials lead actors have just one facial expression stuck on them.  15 year olds and 16 yr olds just not my cup of tea.
@Anu - LOL, isn't that always the case? Remember the KZK days when it seemed there were very few objective eyes? Sometimes it felt like we were watching a completely different show to everyone else πŸ˜†. Damn our logical minds - sometimes I wish I could just switch off that annoying voice in my head and watch everything from a phangurl's perspective πŸ˜†. Though I am skating close to that edge with Sakshi, since I have a massive girl-crush on her, but I think I am still not that bad, lol. 

To be fair to the guys here though, even I came to the show with such excitement in the beginning that the first time I watched it I overlooked all the randomness (most of it, anyway - Ram's procurement of the private jet in five seconds flat only to fly it in stormy weathers that all commercial jets will be avoiding made me roll my eyes in disbelief first time around also πŸ˜†. It was only when I rewatched it that I came down to earth slightly and looked at it objectively πŸ˜†. Yeah, I didn't HATE anything but then I didn'f LOVE anything either. There were no extremes for me in that ep but at least it didn't discourage me from watching it again. 
Originally posted by psawyer

@Anu - LOL, isn't that always the case? Remember the KZK days when it seemed there were very few objective eyes? Sometimes it felt like we were watching a completely different show to everyone else πŸ˜†. Damn our logical minds - sometimes I wish I could just switch off that annoying voice in my head and watch everything from a phangurl's perspective πŸ˜†. Though I am skating close to that edge with Sakshi, since I have a massive girl-crush on her, but I think I am still not that bad, lol. 

To be fair to the guys here though, even I came to the show with such excitement in the beginning that the first time I watched it I overlooked all the randomness (most of it, anyway - Ram's procurement of the private jet in five seconds flat only to fly it in stormy weathers that all commercial jets will be avoiding made me roll my eyes in disbelief first time around also πŸ˜†. It was only when I rewatched it that I came down to earth slightly and looked at it objectively πŸ˜†. Yeah, I didn't HATE anything but then I didn'f LOVE anything either. There were no extremes for me in that ep but at least it didn't discourage me from watching it again. 

@bold: Ditto...yeah I didn't LOVE anything either but didn't HATE anything also to the extent of not wanting to watch further...deffo watching further...let's see how the RP interactions go...

KZK days tohπŸ˜†...I'd say PM fangirls still had the potential to be objective about things to an extentπŸ˜‰πŸ˜›πŸ˜†