India-Forums

First Day, First Show (Page 2)

_xCIOT_ IF-Rockerz
_xCIOT_
_xCIOT_

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

Hey Arshi - thanks. 

LOL, Vikram is not negative now - knowing EK, he could very well turn out to be in cahoots with evil step-mum a few episodes in! Confused

Hope not, though - Ram needs a good friend and ally in that family, at least until Priya comes along. 
vikram moreover seems lyk adi frm KS...he never turned negativeWink!!!! buh i hated the cruel moms in the show...stepmom is predictable...buh if sakshi's mom is her real mum thn showing her this much selfish wont be appropriate spl in india!!!Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

psawyer

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
Bloopers are par for the course in EK shows, but this early in? LMAO - someone in writing screwed up...

What made me laugh was how quickly Ram's business transaction went through and he took the private jet immediately. Since this is - I presume - company money and not Ram's personal pocket money, it has to go through many channels and protocols before it is released for such a sale. Since EK has done shows like this before and always got the business aspect wrong, I would have thought she'd taken the time (two years, apparently, while waiting for Sakshi and Ram to come on board) to fully fill all the gaps in her (and her writers') knowledge so no threads are left loose. 

It seems to me she likes to leave bloopers such as these so the audiences can have fun picking them apart ROFL for me, as long as the acting is good (and it is), I have a high tolerance for BS. As long as Ram and Sakshi are here and not dead for millionth time only to br brought back for the millionth time, I think I can keep watching...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92anizorpoeticRaee_Salvatore

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
As per mums and step-mums - I think that though Priya's mum is more inclined towards Aisha, I don't think she is a step mum for Priya. To me it seemed that (and this is only based on one episode, so I could be way wrong here) she had probably given up on Priya as she probably didn't want to be Miss "Bhubaneswar" like her mother, or Miss Mumbai, AND she did not get married in "the right time". She belittles Priya's job as just a "tuition class" when Priya corrects her that it is more than that. 

It gave me the vibe of Elizabeth and Mrs Bennett from Pride and Prejudice - Mrs Bennett did not hate her daughter, but since Elizabeth was least interested in marriage and/or frivolous things, she could not relate to her and instead focused on the younger girls. 

As I say, I could be wrong and she could be a stepmother - but Ram's mother seems the likely candidate for that, and two step-mothers in one show would be over the top, and would not exactly set the right example of stepmothers, as not all of them are EK-style. 

pathwayssroomani-.Aphrodite.-Nymeria

suwas IF-Dazzler
suwas
suwas

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
I didn't have too high expectations.It was blooper galore & usually any hindi movie/show has it.

It will take sometime to see how everything works out & whetehr or not this show is worth watching.

For now I liked Ram & Sakshi...Priya's mother can tone down a bit.

Good to see your do batein tin...lets keep our fingers crossed.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorpoetic

kamy Senior Member
kamy
kamy

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
hmmm... I was little eager to watch this show since i like the main characters and she starts it well... the first epi is filled with bloopers so what's going to be it? why can't someone make a sensible serial? why do these makers think all the people watching are dumb!   
she will definitely kill the show.  till she butchers it we will wait and see... 

buy the ways i haven't seen it just read here and there whr can i get the link? Wink
  love kamy

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorpoetic

Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

As per mums and step-mums - I think that though Priya's mum is more inclined towards Aisha, I don't think she is a step mum for Priya. To me it seemed that (and this is only based on one episode, so I could be way wrong here) she had probably given up on Priya as she probably didn't want to be Miss "Bhubaneswar" like her mother, or Miss Mumbai, AND she did not get married in "the right time". She belittles Priya's job as just a "tuition class" when Priya corrects her that it is more than that. 

It gave me the vibe of Elizabeth and Mrs Bennett from Pride and Prejudice - Mrs Bennett did not hate her daughter, but since Elizabeth was least interested in marriage and/or frivolous things, she could not relate to her and instead focused on the younger girls.

As I say, I could be wrong and she could be a stepmother - but Ram's mother seems the likely candidate for that, and two step-mothers in one show would be over the top, and would not exactly set the right example of stepmothers, as not all of them are EK-style. 

@bold--- WORD! i seemed to draw that parallel between the characters as well.
Priya's mum doesn't seem like the stereotypical "evil" vamp-mum, she is just indifferent. it won't be right to say that she doesn't love her daughter Priya right now because we haven't heard much from her end. It could be that she might have been equally doting mother to Priya but when Priya seemed to show different interests in life (that is not being a model and such), she might have grown aloof from her daughter. Sometimes, some parents seem to pay more attention to the child through whom they seem to live their dreams than the other child. And this could be it in Priya's case as well.

@Ram's step mum--- first of all, bad choice of actress to play a step mum of a 40 year old man. She looks more like a sister to him than mother and then to hear him call her out "maa" is just weird.

Edited by Ramy25 - 30 May 2011 at 1:22pm

spsharmilassroomaniRockChicGirlpsawyer

.Angel IF-Stunnerz
.Angel
.Angel

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Outstanding analysis hunClapClap

for me the start was ExcellentThumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

psawyer

-Srushti- Viewbie
-Srushti-
-Srushti-

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Hi yaara..Wonderful post...and ofcourse Ram cleaning glass was an epic scene...That flower jewellery was so random..and Girls drooling on Ram's photo was even randomerLOL
What I dont understand is that Priya said she taught TOEFL classes..and she was giving LOVE lectureROFL
I loved the comparision of Pride and Prejudice to Priya and her mom...and you are bang on!! she is as shallow as Mrs. Bennet..and just as cranky and has the same pitched high voice alsoLOL

I liked Ram's friend's character though..his concern for him and his care for his friend and his best wishes that he finds someone who would care for him as much was really good..his voice over and Ram's face made a good combination...and the end scene was very good too...Sad but still setting the pace for the storyEmbarrassed
So it is not going to be completely a shred businessman and an idealist woman's love story...it is going ot be the milan of two 'lone hearted' people ..and I say it is wayyy better Embarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ridhanawalNymeriaRockChicGirlpsawyerSamraat_92

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index