Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: zoya_naziya

Hey you are a fab writer... and fab story... looking forward to meet scenes...

Thanks...and welcome to my little world of Meet known as...Aadha Ishq 😃
bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Fathima...its just brilliant!!!

Jane Austen meets Yashraj romance! 😍

I have loved Preet but was not much of Meet lover but I guess you have ignited this love affair. 

Considering I have read it from start to finish at one go,  there is a never-ending list of what all I like. The most obviously was rab de banayi Meet jodi's romance. 😳   

You are a brilliant storyteller with the talent to win the box-office as well. Every part's end made me curious for the next. The twists are so full on filmy that unlike BT they endearing. 

Just waiting, waiting and waiting for romance and love to reignite between Meet. Please do PM me as well whenever you update next.  
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Wow Bonne!!  Thanks for reading the FF...and thanks for the ever so wonderful comments...😳

Fatima_Q thumbnail

Chapter 46 - Mission Impossible

It was a bright and beautiful Saturday morning.  Meher had been playing with Harpreet and Shampa in the yard, when she came to her room to get something.  She was surprised to see her cell phone ringing.  There had been 3 missed calls, all from the same caller.  Just then the phone rang again. 

"Hello?"  She answered.

"Hi Meher, it's me Preet", said the caller.

"Preet!" said Meher happily. 

"I've been calling you all morning, and there was no answer", said Preet.  "Where were you?  I mean are you alright?"

"I'm fine", said Meher.  She tried to tone down the excitement in her voice, as she remembered her mother's orders.  "I was just away from my phone.  But how did you get my number?"

"Neha", smiled Preet.  "It's amazing what a little Preet Juneja charm can do".

"Really", giggled Meher.

"Yes", said Preet, "unfortunately you seem to be totally immune to it, otherwise you'd reconsider my offer".

"Uff!  Preet, don't tell me you've called me to talk about working for you again", said Meher.   

"Actually, kaam toh bas ek bahana hai (Work was just an excuse).  I really would just like to see you again Meher", said Preet.

"Why?" Meher asked shyly.

"What do you mean why?" asked Preet.  "I...uh...just want to see you.  How about dinner tonight?  I promise we'll stay away from anything French".

"Thanks, but no", said Meher trying to stifle a giggle.

"Okay, then, how about lunch?" asked Preet.  "Even coffee will do.  Please.  It's such a beautiful day".

"Preet, don't make this any harder for me than it is", sighed Meher.  "Please try and understand, it's better if we don't see each other". 

"But why?" asked Preet.  The phone disconnected.  Damn!  He thought.  Just then his phone rang.  She's changed her mind, he thought.  "Hello?" he said excitedly.

"Hey Preet, It's me", said Gaurav. "Guess what?  Sam's gone out of town.  And there is a Giant's game on in a little while.  How about coming over and joining me?"

A short while later, Preet was standing outside his friend's house.  Gaurav answered the door almost as soon as he rang the bell.  "Aray Preet, jaldi andar aa (Hurry up and come inside Preet)", said Gaurav, as he welcomed his friend inside.  "The game is about to begin".

Preet sat down on the sofa in front of the large flat panel plasma TV in Gaurav's living room.  "So...how long is this bout of freedom going to last?" he joked.

"Sam's going to be gone the whole week.  God bless my mother-in-law", Gaurav said, rubbing his hands excitedly.  He looked over the coffee table.  "Let's see now...chips, popcorn, nuts, barbaque chicken wings, chilled beer for me, coke for you, and of course the remote.  Great!  We're all set for our date with ESPN!  Baseball, football, ice hockey, cricket...you name it...no mowing the lawn, no cleaning out the garage, and no biwi...only you, me and TV".  He exchanged a hi-5 with Preet and settled in to watch the game that had just started.

The morning passed quickly.  Unfortunately, the San Francisco Giants weren't fairing too well, and this had put a damper on their initial enthusiasm.  "What's the matter Preet?" Gaurav asked, during the game's half-time interval.  "Majnu ki tarah moon kyun latkaya hua hai (Why the long face like Romeo)?  It's not like we have any money on the game you know".

"It's nothing", said Preet.

"No.  Something, is definitely going on in that mind of your's", insisted Gaurav.  "You've been distracted all morning.  What's wrong?"

"Remember that girl I told you about?" asked Preet.

"The one who hates you?  Oh yeah yeah...", said Gaurav, "what ever became of that?"

"All this time she wasn't giving me the time of day, and then a couple days ago she suddenly showed up at PB's house and apologized to me", said Preet.  "She said it was all a big misunderstanding.  Even said we could be friends now".

"Really?" said Gaurav.

"Yes.  It turns out that she's Heer Bhabi's childhood friend", said Preet.  "And the funny thing is, since her visit, even Heer Bhabi and Teji Chachee have done a complete turn around in their attitude towards me".   

"Sounds like a win-win situation to me", said Gaurav, "so what's the problem?"

"The girl is the problem", said Preet, "I can't get her out of my mind".

"Oh-O", said Gaurav.  "You sound like you're in trouble.  Kahi love shove ka chakkar to nahi ho gaya (You haven't fallen in love with her or anything have you)?"

"I don't know", sighed Preet.  "But there is something that feels so right about her...like a connection or something that I feel when I'm around her.  The strange thing is she talks to me like she knows me so well.  I want to get to know her better too, but she just won't give me a chance.  I feel like she wants to but something is holding her back, and I just don't understand what."

"Forget it Preet", Gaurav interrupted.  "We men can never understand women.  We're simply wired differently.  I mean just a couple of months back I asked Sam what she wanted for her 25th birthday and she says I'd love to be 6 again.  So I plan this whole birthday date at the amusement park, put her on every ride, follow it up with the latest Disney flick at the local cinema and dinner at McDonalds.  I even bought her a happy meal with extra fries and frozen strawberry lemonade.  And she's like, this is it?  This is what I get for my birthday?  I told her I thought you wanted to be 6 again, and she just gives me a look that reads you're an idiot and says I was talking about my dress size!  So you see...it's hopeless".

"No", laughed Preet, "you're hopeless".

"Oh yeah, well need I remind you that you're soon to be engaged to Ashlesha Singh", said Gaurav.  "So you better stay away from trouble if you know what I mean".

"Don't remind me", sighed Preet.

"I don't get it Preet", said Gaurav.  "If you don't love Ashlesha, why are you going to marry her?"

"Bauji is adamant about it", explained Preet.  "I mean we were supposed to get engaged before my accident, so I must have been in love with her at one point or another.  Only problem is I don't remember anything, and I can't bring myself to feel anything for her either.  To be quite honest I chose to develop the new hotel in San Francisco not just so I could be with PB, but to get away from it all...Ash, her mother, Bauji...you know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I understand", said Gaurav.  "Waise bhi, Lalit Uncle's announcement about you and Ash came as a surprise to me.  I mean...I always thought you had a thing for that other girl.

"What other girl?" Preet asked in surprise.

"You know the one we met at the Mela in Ambala", said Gaurav.  Preet shook his head.  Obviously he didn't remember anything.  "She knew Sam too...even came to our wedding.  Let me think, what was her name?  Nope, I can't remember now.  I mean it was a while back.  Wait a minute...I know".  Gaurav got up suddenly and motioned Preet to follow him to another room.  "She was an artist.  She gave us a painting she had made as a wedding gift.  It's really beautiful actually.  Sam just loves it.  Here it is". 

Preet carefully studied the painting Gaurav had led him to.  It was indeed beautiful.  He smiled as he came closer and read the artist's signature, "Meher", he whispered.  "That's it!" he cried.  "That's the missing piece of the puzzle! 

"Wait a minute Preet", said Gaurav nervously.  "I only said I thought you had a thing for her, not that I was sure.  We don't know even know if we're talking about the same girl.  I  mean, wouldn't Prem or your Heer Bhabi have said something if that were the case?"

"I don't know", said Preet.  "I mean...maybe they didn't know".

"Great!  So, what are you going to do now?" cried Gaurav.  He didn't like the look on Preet's face.  It meant he was planning...and not a good sort of planning.  "Why did I have to open my mouth?" whined Gaurav.  "Lalit Uncle is going to kill me!"

Preet smiled as he ignored his friend's whining.  So, I was interested in Meher before my accident.  Was she also?  Were we in love?  That would explain why she gets so flustered everytime any talk about my engagement comes up.  But why wouldn't PB or anyone else have said anything if that were the case? Maybe no one knew, just like Gaurav wasn't sure.  But then how does Ash fit into all of this? Preet wasn't sure what he would do with the information he had just gotten from Gaurav, nor did he know what his next move would be.  But he was certain about one thing...the idea of Preet and Meher was very much to his liking. 

A few days later...

Preet drove up to the new location of the community center and smiled.  He had to get to know Meher better, find out just what had happened between them...but how?  If only she would accept his job offer, it would be the perfect excuse to spend time with her.  But she had consistently refused.  Why, he still wasn't sure.  But he was going to be fair and give Meher a chance to change her mind before he put his plan into action.

"Preet!" said a very nervous looking Gaurav.  "I don't think this is a good idea.  It's the middle of a business day, and someone's bound to complain to the police.  I mean, what if we get arrested.  Sam's going to kill me!"   

"Relax Gaurav", said Preet, "tumhe kuch nahin hoga (nothing will happen to you)".

"Oh yeah", said Gaurav, "I still don't see why you dragged me into this".

"I need to make sure we're talking about the same girl", explained Preet.  "I want you to identify her when she comes out".

"If she comes out", Gaurav said rolling his eyes.

"Oh she'll come out alright", said Preet smiling mischieviously.

Inside, Meher was unpacking some boxes when her phone rang.  "Hello?" she answered.

"Hi Meher, it's me Preet", said the caller.

"Hi Preet!" said Meher.  "How are you?"

"I'm fine", said Preet, "but I'd feel a lot better if you'd stop ignoring me.  And if you'd accept my job offer".

"I'm sorry Preet.  I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings or anything", sighed Meher.  "I just...I'm sorry.  I'm really busy right now, and I don't have time for further discussion on this topic". 

"Oh come on Meher!" cried Preet.  "How can you be so dedicated to that community center?  Do they even pay you?  And here I am with an offer that can launch your career".

"I'm sure you'll find someone more capable", said Meher.

"Why does everyone keep telling me that, when I don't want anyone else?" Said Preet.  "Come on Meher please!  I promise I won't even ask you for a discount for being Heer Bhabi's friend".

"It's not about money Preet", sighed Meher.  "Please try and understand.  I can't help you.  And don't bother wasting your time calling me again and again.  I won't work with you no matter what you do".

"Is that so?  We'll see about that", said Preet as he hung up.

What did he mean by that? wondered Meher.  She didn't have to wait too long to find out.    Suddenly a loud voice rang out, as if someone was speaking out of a megaphone.

"This one's for you Meher!"  cried Preet.

"99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall.

98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 97 bottles of beer on the wall.

97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 96 bottles of beer on the wall".

What is going on?!? Thought Meher as she ran to a window. 

Outside...Preet continued undeterred:

"96 bottles of beer on the wall, 96 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 95 bottles of beer on the wall.

95 bottles of beer on the wall, 95 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 94 bottles of beer on the wall.

94 bottles of beer on the wall, 94 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 93 bottles of beer on the wall".

"What's going on?  And what is that noise?" asked Mrs. Mathews, as she and some other staff members joined Meher.

"I...I have no idea", said Meher as her face turned red from embarrassment.

"93 bottles of beer on the wall, 93 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 92 bottles of beer on the wall.

92 bottles of beer on the wall, 92 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 91 bottles of beer on the wall.

91 bottles of beer on the wall, 91 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 90 bottles of beer on the wall".

Mrs. Mathews peered out of the window.  "Oh my!  That appears to be Mr. Juneja.  But why in God's name is he singing that hideous song?"

"Hi Meher!" Preet waved at Meher, as he caught a glimpse of her at the window, before continuing:

"90 bottles of beer on the wall, 90 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 89 bottles of beer on the wall.

89 bottles of beer on the wall, 89 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 88 bottles of beer on the wall.

88 bottles of beer on the wall, 88 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 87 bottles of beer on the wall".

Everyone turned their eyes towards Meher.  "Heh Heh", she laughed.  "He's totally lost it".

"Mrs Mathews", said a staff member, who had just run over, "the phone is ringing off the hook with complaints from the neighboring offices.  They all want to know what the disturbance is about".

"Meher", said Mrs. Mathews, holding her head in her hand.  "I don't know what is going on between you 2...throwing paint, getting locked in a closet, and now this...please...go out there and tell him to stop before we all lose our mind or before someone calls the police.  No...in fact...just go home and take him with you!"  Meher nodded quietly and headed out the door.  "Someone please get me an aspirin!" Mrs. Mathews cried as she walked away.

"Preet!  Someone's coming", cried Gaurav, as he saw a young girl approach them.

Preet began to bellow out the lyrics with renewed enthusiasm:

"87 bottles of beer on the wall, 87 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 86 bottles of beer on the wall.

86 bottles of beer on the wall, 86 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 85 bottles of beer on the wall.

"Preet!" Meher cried as she walked up to him.

"85 bottles of beer on the wall, 85 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 84 bottles of beer on the wall"
, continued Preet.

"Preet Juneja!  Stop!  Just what do you think you're doing?" demanded Meher.

"What me?" Preet asked innocently.  "I'm singing.  Don't you like my song?

84 bottles of beer on the wall, 84 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 83 bottles of beer on the wall".

"No!" said Meher.  "And neither does Mrs. Mathews.  People are calling her and complaining.  Someone may even call the police".  She looked from Preet to Gaurav.  He looked familiar to her, but she couldn't quite recognize him.  Must be one of Preet's friends, she thought.  "You look like a sensible enough person", she said to him.  "Why are you letting him do this?"

"Um...Uh...I'll stop if you really want me to Meher", said Preet as he quickly jumped off his car to face her, "lekin pehle, meri 2 shartein hain (but I have 2 conditions)".

"Shartein (conditions)?" said Meher.

"Yes", smiled Preet.  "First, you agree to work for me.  Second, you agree to go out with me for a cup of coffee.  Um...to discuss the project of course".

"Forget it!" said Meher.  "You're welcome to sit in the sun and sing to your heart's content.  But just to let you know, I'm leaving". 

"Meher wait!" Preet called after her, but she ignored him and walked away.  "Well?" Preet asked Gaurav.

"You were right", said Gaurav.  "It's her".

The next day....

Meher was out by the wharf bright and early.  It looked like it was going to be a beautiful and peaceful sunny day.  She walked down to the spot where she thought she could get the best pictures, and smiled and waved to the few fishermen out with their poles and fishing tackle.  She had just finished setting up her equipment and was ready for her first shot of the day, when something in her camera's lens made her gasp.  A small motor boat was approaching. "I don't believe this", she said.  She zoomed in on the boat.  It was Preet, with megaphone in hand.  Before she knew what was happening, an all too familiar voice pierced the morning silence.

"Hi Meher!" Preet called out, before singing:

"83 bottles of beer on the wall, 83 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 82 bottles of beer on the wall.

82 bottles of beer on the wall, 82 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 81 bottles of beer on the wall.

81 bottles of beer on the wall, 81 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 80 bottles of beer on the wall".

The fishermen on boats parked at the wharf came out onto their decks to see what was going on.  Those with individual fishing gear looked equally bewildered.  None were used to such early morning noise.

"Hey fella!" someone yelled out.  "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Serenading that young lady", Preet said pointing to Meher.

"80 bottles of beer on the wall, 80 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 79 bottles of beer on the wall.

79 bottles of beer on the wall, 79 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 78 bottles of beer on the wall.

78 bottles of beer on the wall, 78 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 77 bottles of beer on the wall".

Meher's face turned red.  Oh no! she thought.  They'll never let me come down here again.  "Preet please stop!" she cried.  "You're creating a scene!"

Preet brought his boat to rest at the dock and ran up to Meher.  "I'm so glad you decided to agree to my conditions", he said.

"When did I say that?" asked Meher.  "I just said to stop creating a scene.  You can't make me agree to your demands by behaving in this stupid manner".

"Fine!" said Preet.  "Have it your way".  He pointed the megaphone towards Meher and began to sing again:

"77 bottles of beer on the wall, 77 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 76 bottles of beer on the wall.

76 bottles of beer on the wall, 76 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 75 bottles of beer on the wall.

75 bottles of beer on the wall, 75 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 74 bottles of beer on the wall".

"Hey lady!  Will you shut him up already!  He's scaring the fish!" someone called out.

Meher looked at Preet angrily and snatched the megaphone away from him before he could continue.  "Don't you have a hotel to build?"

"I'm not going to lay the brick and mortar myself", laughed Preet.  "I'm the boss, and I have very capable people working under me.  It's called delegating responsibility.  It's what a good manager is capable of".  Preet smiled as he saw Meher collect her equipment.  "So...does this mean we're going to get some coffee?" he asked innocently.

"Nahin!  Nahin!  Kabhi nahin (No! No!  Never)!" she cried.  Preet was about to open his mouth but Meher raised a warning finger at him.  She stomped over to the water and promptly tossed the megaphone into it and then walked off.

The next afternoon Meher joined Neha for lunch at a local bistro.  Both girls carried their food and drink to a quiet corner of the outdoor seating area and sat down to eat.

"Thanks for joining me Meher", said Neha.

"I have to admit I had second thoughts about doing so", said Meher.

"Why?  What did I do?" asked Neha.

"You gave Preet my phone number", complained Meher.  "He calls me morning, noon and night, sometimes as early as 3 in the morning.  It's driving me bananas!"

"What does he want?" giggled Neha.

"He wants me to do the art design for his new hotel's lobby", said Meher.  "And he wants me to go out with him".

"That's great!  Anyone would kill for the opportunity Meher.  Why don't you just accept?" asked Neha.  "I mean, I would love it if a billionaire was after me", said Neha.

"It's not that simple Neha", said Meher rolling her eyes.  "Meri kuch apni majbooriyan hain.  Anyway, that's not the worst of it.  Do you know what he's been doing for the last few days?  He's been following me around everywhere I go with a megaphone, singing this absolutely hideous song, that goes something like...".

Just then Meher heard a familiar voice.  It was Preet.  He was back.  He promptly walked up to Meher and Neha's table and flashed them a smile, before pulling out a brand new megaphone from behind his back and singing: 

"74 bottles of beer on the wall, 74 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 73 bottles of beer on the wall.

73 bottles of beer on the wall, 73 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 72 bottles of beer on the wall.

72 bottles of beer on the wall, 72 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 71 bottles of beer on the wall".

Meher dropped her face into her hands.  "Well, you have to admit, he's pretty persistant", giggled Neha.

Meher looked on mortified to see restaurant customers, seated inside, beginning to peer out at her, while a few that were seated outside got up and went in.

"71 bottles of beer on the wall, 71 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 70 bottles of beer on the wall.

70 bottles of beer on the wall, 70 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 69 bottles of beer on the wall.

69 bottles of beer on the wall, 69 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 68 bottles of beer on the wall".

"Preet please stop!" Meher said through gritted teeth.  "Log hame dekh rahe hain (People are staring at us)".

"Fine", said Preet, pulling up a chair.  "But you have to accept my 2 conditions.  The job offer and a cup of coffee.  "Tell me Neha...is that too much to ask for?"

"You want coffee?!" cried Meher, as she placed her cup in front of Preet.  "Here have coffee, but for God's sake stop singing that song!"

"Well it's not exactly what I hand in mind, but it'll do for the time being", said Preet, taking a sip.  "Now, how about if we meet over at my office tomorrow and discuss your ideas for the hotel?"

"Preet I already told you that I can't do it", sighed Meher.

"But why?" asked Preet.

Meher thought about Lalit Juneja's hatred of her, as well as the restrictions her own mother had placed on her. "I just...can't".  

"In that case", said Preet getting up:

"68 bottles of beer on the wall, 68 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 67 bottles of beer on the wall.

67 bottles of beer on the wall, 67 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 66 bottles of beer on the wall.

66 bottles of beer on the wall, 66 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 65 bottles of beer on the wall".

Just then a waiter approached them.  "Ahem...excuse me sir", he said.  "What seems to be the problem?"

"Ask her", said Preet pointing to Meher.

"65 bottles of beer on the wall, 65 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 64 bottles of beer on the wall.

64 bottles of beer on the wall, 64 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 63 bottles of beer on the wall.

63 bottles of beer on the wall, 63 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 62 bottles of beer on the wall".

"Ma'am, I'm afraid you'll have to either put an end to this or I'm going to have to ask you to leave", said the waiter apologetically.  "Our other customers are beginning to complain".

Meher rolled her eyes.  "You really need to grow up", she said glaring angrily at Preet.  She picked up her bag, and walked off.

When he was sure Meher was out of ear-shot, Preet came and sat down next to Neha.  "Thanks for letting me know she was going to be here", he said.

"Sure", giggled Neha, "but I'm afraid it didn't work".

"Oh it'll work alright", he said.  "There's a last straw for every camel's back".

Later that night...

Meher was fast asleep, when all of a sudden, she heard an all too familiar voice blaring over a megaphone:

"62 bottles of beer on the wall, 62 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 61 bottles of beer on the wall.

61 bottles of beer on the wall, 61 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 60 bottles of beer on the wall.

60 bottles of beer on the wall, 60 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 59 bottles of beer on the wall".

"What on Earth...", she said as she quickly turned the light on and peered over at the alarm clock.  It was 1:00am.  She knew who it was, but ran to the window to look outside just the same.

"Hi Meher!" said Preet, waving his hand at her.

"59 bottles of beer on the wall, 59 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 58 bottles of beer on the wall.

58 bottles of beer on the wall, 58 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 57 bottles of beer on the wall.

57 bottles of beer on the wall, 57 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 56 bottles of beer on the wall".

"Uff!  Of all the stupid, immature, childish things to do!" cried Meher.  She watched in horror as the lights began to go on in the neighbors' houses, and the phone began to ring in her own.  She could hear Manmeet shouting at Shampa to find out what the hell was going on, while he tried to answer as many of the neighbors' complaints as he could.  Shampa came running into Meher's room.

"Do you know who is out there?" she cried.  "It's Preet!  Preet Juneja.  What does he want?  Is he drunk or something?  The neighbors are calling to complain."  Just then little Harpreet started crying.  "Hai Rabba!  The baby's awake!  Meher do something please!" 

Meher watched helplessly as her friend ran off to calm down her baby and her husband.  She opened her window and called out to Preet.  "Preet please stop!  You're waking up the entire neighborhood!"

Preet wiggled 2 fingers at her, to remind her of his conditions, before carrying on.

"56 bottles of beer on the wall, 56 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 55 bottles of beer on the wall.

55 bottles of beer on the wall, 55 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 54 bottles of beer on the wall".

"Hey Romeo", somebody called out, "You want to shut up or I'll call the police!"

Meher quickly put her robe on and ran downstairs, where Manmeet was arguing with Shampa. 

"Did you hear that?" complained Manmeet.  "Someone's going to complain to the police!  This is all happening in front of my house!  We'll all be dragged into this!  7 years!  7 years I've lived in this neighborhood...aur ek hi raat mein hamari izzat mitti mein mil gayi (and in only one night we've lost all our respect)!  Where's a shot gun when you need it?!"  He proceeded towards the front door angrily, when Shampa stopped him.

"Manmeet, you have nothing but boxers on!  At least put something on before going out" cried Shampa.

"Aray kuch to pehna hua hain", cried Manmeet.  "Tumhari dost ki waja se main aaj pooray muhalay ke samne nanga ho gaya hoon (At least I'm wearing something!  Your friend has embarrassed me in front of the entire neighborhood)!"

"Ahem", Meher interrupted.  "Cousin Manmeet, I'm so sorry, but don't worry, I'll take care of everything right now.

Meher quickly walked out of the house and straight up to Preet.  He was seated on the hood of his car singing:

"54 bottles of beer on the wall, 54 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 53 bottles of beer on the wall.

53 bottles of beer on the wall, 53 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around, 52 bottles of beer on the wall".

"Okay", said Meher, snatching the megaphone from his hands.  "You win.  Main aa gayi hoon.  I'll do whatever you say, go where ever you want, but please just stop singing".

"Promise?"  Preet asked.

"I promise.  But right now I want you to go home.  Please", Meher said firmly.  "Before someone really calls the police".

Preet smiled, nodded and without any further commotion, got into his car.  After all, his mission had been accomplished.  Meher watched him drive off and exhaled a sigh of relief.    If Ma finds out she'll kill me, thought Meher, but right now she didn't have much of a choice.

Hope you all liked it 😛.  Please don't forget to leave your comments or at least hit the like button.  Thanks again for your support.

Also a special mention.  As most of us know...Sushant is soon going to be making his bollywood debut in Abhishek Kapoor's Kai Po Che, a film based on a Chetan Bhagat novel.  I'd like to encourage everyone interested, to join other Sushant fans at his Fan Club (#8), for the latest up to date news and discussions.  The link is below:

A seperate post dedicated to Sushant's involvement in this debut film is also available in the Kis Desh forum at the following link:

Also for all those who loved Preet, Meher & the rest of the KDMHMD gang...please help increase their rank by taking the time out to comment on their profiles.  Again no compulsion but a humble request...the choice is yours.  Thanks again. 😃

Chapter 47 Preview:  Preet and Meher mulakatein.

Link to next chapter: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/56761393

Edited by Fatima_Q - 9 years ago
Scribbler184 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hello Fatima di. 😃 🤗

Well, first of lots of apologise for not commenting on the previous 3 chapter...sorry for being lazy. 😳 But let me tell you that you are an truly awesome writer and I am loving the way this FF is progressing. Loving the track...finally Meher knows the truth. Its truly a relief. And Meet are going to fall for each other again (Well, Meher still loves him and Preet loves her too but yeah he just has to be smacked and told what his heart truly feels) and watching them fall in love again will be surly a treat to watch. 

Love you for this track di. Awesome. 👏  👍🏼

Thank you for the PMs. Eagerly waiting for the update...loads of love.
Take Care.
Shwetasri. 😊

- - - - - - -Edited- - - - - -
Oho, I just saw that you have already posted the Friday's update...will comment after reading. 😳
The above post is for the updates excluding this one...I will try not to be lazy and would comment...a long long long comment. 😉 😆

Hmm, just PMs me in-case I get into my hibernating mode and don't comment. 😆 
Edited by -Shwetasri- - 12 years ago
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
🤣🤣🤣

I have no words... I'll come back with a detailed comment later Fatima.. right now it's just..

🤣🤣🤣
gina24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
really funny part keep on the good work!!!!
😊
alicia212 thumbnail
wow great story plz update soon
thanks for the pm
sushantfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
fatima superb every weekend gift...
ur making me get into a very bad habit though...
bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Oh gosh!!!! *99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall.* Preet SINGING!!!! 🤣

Got to say loved Preet's style of convincing Meher!!! So him. Poor Meher, totally sympathize with her ears. 

I kind of guessed actually that Gaurav would be the one to lead Preet to realize that there's something between him and Meher. Also, cool that you didn't reveal the whole thing at once. The little hint to the grand prize is better than zor ka jhatka!!!

Eager to read about their "professional chemistry" . Love the fact that you have emphasized on Meher's artistic talent, its refreshing!    

I am quite a demanding FF reader. Do update soon! 😉🤗

Thanks for the update!