Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

charmingprem thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
sry for my late reply. i was busy with my preprations.
wow!double update,and double suprise
prem met heer and now her deewana
omg!preet told sanjana that prem is going to give her 10 childπŸ˜†
ye preet bhi na.
and meet's 2nd encounter was very cute.😳
waiting for them to fallen in luv.
hope lalit dosen't create prob for ph and meet.😊
update soon😊

Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
loved the update but please put in more meet scenes next time!!!!
-salma- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
it was awesomeee  !! loved it 
update as soon as u can  πŸ˜Š

sherma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
waiting for  an update. plsss do it soon na😊
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Chapter 8  -  A Surprise Visit

Preet walked into the dining room followed closely behind by Ashlesha, who was going on and on... "And then I told the interior decorator that if you can't match my room's color with Loreal #103 Seductive Pink lipstick, which is my favorite by the way, then she would just have to go!"

Preet was at his wits end.  Did this girl not get it, that he was not interested with a capital 'N'.  Not interested in her, not interested in her latest shopping spree in Paris, not interested in her designer bags, or what color her room was.  But then Ma had dropped the bomb that she and Ashlesha's mom Daljeet were childhood friends and that Ashlesha should be treated like she was part of the family.  So, now she and Maya were over at their house almost every day.  Preet was trying to be polite, for his mother's sake, but Ash's non stop banter was really starting to get to him.  And then she kept batting those fake eye-lashes at him.  Ugh!  thought Preet.  Where is PB?

Prem was already at the dining table in discussion with Lalit, while Gaytri and Kulraj were helping the servants serve up lunch.  Preet dove for the empty chair between Prem and Kiran just as Herman was about to sit there.  "Hey!", cried Herman. 

"Sorry Bhaiya", said Preet pointing to the empty chair on the opposite side of the table, "Why don't you go sit there between Maya and Ashlesha?"  Herman shrugged his shoulders and moved to the other side.  "Han Bhaiya", said Preet, "Kya keh rahay thay aap?" (So, what were you saying?)

"One of our suppliers is giving us a hard time", said Prem.  "He keeps on raising his prices.  I was telling Bauji that if we could manufacture the parts ourselves, we could cut out the middlemen and the headaches that go along with dealing with them."

"Setting up our own production will take time", said Herman.  "It's got it's own set of laws and legalities, permit requirements.  It's not like our primary business of luxury hotels.  And where would we set up a new factory anyway?" 

"Uff ho!" said Gaytri.  "You know I hate it when you all bring your work home with you.  Lunch is getting cold". 

"But Gaytri, this is important, and we have to make a decision soon", protested Lalit. 

"Alright then", said Gaytri, "Ambala...We set up in Ambala". 

"Ambala?!" cried Preet, Herman and Lalit in unison. 

"Why Ambala?" asked Lalit. 

"Because we're originally from Ambala, Lalit.  Don't you believe in giving back?" replied Gaytri. 

"Yes Gaytri", said Lalit, "but this is not a matter of writing up a check for a charitable donation.  This is a business project, the first one Prem is heading up too". 

"Actually Bauji, Ambala may not be a bad choice", interrupted Kiran.  "It's only 70 miles from Ludhiana and enroute to Delhi.  It's a smaller town, and the local officials will be appreciative of any opportunity that brings capital and employment to their community, so that should make getting permits easier too". 

"Oh!  And we have a cute little place in Ambala", added Ashlesha.  "We used to use it like a summer home sometimes during the holidays.  I'm sure Mom will be happy to let you use it like a residence, and I can help you set up house", she said smiling at Preet. 

Lovely, thought Preet with a weak smile.  He felt like a cornered mouse. 

"That settles it", said Gaytri looking at Prem with a knowing smile.  My son's future lies in Ambala". 

"Thanks Ma", mouthed Prem.

A few days passed, Heer and Meher were back home in Ambala.  Kuljeet Chachee and Vishaka had accompanied them back and were to stay until the following weekend when Balwant would come and pick them up.

"What do you think?" asked Heer dreamily, as she tossed grain around to the chikens pecking by her feet. 

"What do I think about what?" asked Meher. 

"About Prem Juneja." replied Heer.  "I think he's just how a young man ought to be...smart, caring, polite, sensitive.." 

"And good-looking too", interrupted Meher, "which a young man ought to be if he can help it.  His choice in family members could be better, but then I guess it's not his fault that that stupid NRI...What was his name?  Preet...I guess it's not his fault that Preet is his brother". 

"Meher", said Heer, "sometimes first impressions aren't always the best.  You never know, your opinion of Preet may improve once you get to know him better". 

"Why on earth would I want to get to know him better?" asked Meher.  "Anyways Didi, they're Junejas... you know the billionaires from way over there in Ludhiana, and to them we are nobody". 

"But..", said Heer. 

"No buts Di", continued Meher.  "Okay look...did Prem give you his email, his number, or even ask you for yours?" 

"No", sighed Heer, "but we were having such a lovely conversation and we had so much in common.  And he wanted me to meet his mother and sister.  Besides you were so upset over Preet's remark that you insisted on going home right away, so he probably never had the chance". 

"Come on Heer Didi!  Wake up and smell the dhaniya", cried Meher, as she waved the freshly cut bunch of cilantro she was holding under Heer's nose.  "What chance do you have of ever meeting him again.  Let's face it...You were just a passing fancy...A pretty girl he asked to dance with...and me...Why...I'm just a buffalo!"  Heer looked at Meher, both girls burst out laughing and turned to go back inside, where Kuljeet Chachee was still carrying on about the Juneja's Party.

"Oh Parjayiji (sister-in-law)", said Kuljeet, "you should have see the decor, and the food was so delicious.  Oh and our Heer was so admired by Prem Juneja.  He's the eldest of the 3 Juneja boys you know, and Heer was the only girl he asked to dance with.  I really have a good feeling about him you know.  And you should have seen the sari Mrs Juneja was wearing and her earrings..." 

Kuljeet's talk was interrupted by a knock on the door.  Heer went to answer it and was surprised to see Balwant Maan standing there.  "Chachu (Uncle)", said Heer, "What a pleasant surprise!  We weren't expecting you for another couple of days". 

"Namaste everyone", said Balwant.  "I have great news.  My company has decided to set up a production plant here in Ambala, and they've asked me to help find a location and assist in the supervision of the project.  That means we'll be staying with you all in Ambala for a while". 

"That's wonderful", cried Balraaj, "feel free to stay as long as you like.  This is as much your home as it is ours". 

"Oh! One more thing", said Balwant, "Prem Juneja has accompanied me back here.  He and some family members will be staying at the Singh Havaili (mansion), until the factory is launched.  In fact he's waiting outside.  If it's okay with you Teji, can I ask him in for tea?"

Heer's mouth fell open, "Prem Juneja is here?" she asked. 

"Well", replied Balwant, "His car is at the end of the field.  I told him he'd have to walk the rest of the way, but I wanted to give you all a heads up first". 

Kuljeet Chachee almost jumped out of her chair.  "Of course it's okay!" she cried.  "Go and invite him in!"  Balwant and Balraj left immediately to get Prem. 

As soon as they left, Kuljeet began issuing orders.  "Teji fix those cushions...Vishaka go set the water for tea...Meher, start mixing up some pakoras (fried dumpling snacks), and Heer go change into that green dress of yours...No! No!...You wore that to the party.  Go and wear the blue one!" 

"Chachee there isn't enough time!" cried Heer.  Just then they heard men's voices coming up by the door. 

"Oh my Rabs!  They're here!" cried Kuljeet, pinching Heer's cheeks to produce a red hue.  "Everyone behave naturally!" she ordered.

Balraj and Balwant entered the house, followed by Prem, Kiran, Preet and Kulraj.  Formal greetings were exchanged and Prem's eyes right away began searching for Heer.  Meher nudged Heer, who by now had become red as a tomato, partly from Kuljeet Chachee's pinches and partly from her awareness of Prem stealing glances at her.  She quietly excused herself and left for the kitchen to make tea.  Kulraj smiled at her brother's impatience.  Gaytri had informed her of Prem's feelings for Heer, and their little covert operation to find Heer and give her and Prem the chance to get to know each other better was in full swing. 

Meher was busy lost in thought and laughing at Heer, when all of a sudden she realized that Preet was looking her way and smiling.  She straightened up and looked back at him with an angry 'Hmpf!'  only to have him wink back at her with a mischievous smile.  Meher gasped at his boldness.  Besharam kahin ka, isko to sabaq seekhana hi pade ga (How shameless he is.  Looks like he needs to be taught a lesson), she thought, as she got up to go help Heer in the kitchen.

Meher and Heer soon returned with tea, sherbet, and snacks, which their mother served to everyone.  Kulraj with her easy going and friendly manner easily won over Heer and Meher's heart and the 3 were quickly engrossed in conversation. 

"So, how did you decide on opening your factory in Ambala?" asked Balraj. 

"Well, sir", said Prem, "we are originally from Ambala.." 

"Yeah", teased Preet, "Aur aik Maan ne Prem Bhaiya ka man bhi tu loot liya".  (And of course my brother Prem has fallen for a Maan).

"Ji?" asked Balraj. 

"He means Balwant Maan sir", Prem quickly interjected.  "He's such a reliable and hard working manager".

"Well Ambala is a really nice place, with really friendly people", said Vishaka.  "Oh and we're going to be having a community Mela (fair) next month.  It'll be nothing fancy like your party, but there will be good food, dancing and rides, I do hope you'll all come". 

"It sounds like a lot of fun", said Kulraj, "I think you can expect us to be there". 

"Oh come on Kuldi!" exclaimed Preet.  "A country fair...In this heat...No way!   There will be dust, flies, and sweaty crowds of people climbing over each other.  Talk about your typical hill-billy hell!"

That's it!  Thought Meher.  She picked up some 'special' pakoras and handed them in a plate to Preet.  "These are for you", she said smiling sweetly, 'Maine apne haatoon se banaye hain." (I made them with my own hands).

"Thanks", said Preet, popping a pakora in his mouth,  "I'll have some more sherbet too". 

All of a sudden, Preet grabbed his throat and started coughing, with his eyes bulging and his face turning red as if he was on fire.  "Paani!  Paani!" he screamed. (Water!  Water!)

"Preet are you alright?" asked Kulraj as she passed him a glass of water. 

"It's not working!  More Paani!  More Paani!"  Preet screamed. 

"Tsk tsk tsk", said Meher with fake concern, "NRI hai na, inke liye thoda teeka ziyada ho gaya ho ga.  (He's an NRI.  Perhaps the spice proved to be too much for him).  Here have some sherbet".  Meher held a glass of cold red liquid over Preet's lap, but let it go just before he could take it from her hand. 

"Yeow!" yelled Preet, as the cold liquid caused him to jump from his seat.  His white shirt now had a splash of red all over it.  "Bilqul Canada ka jhanda lag raha hai, hain na?" remarked Meher. (He looks exactly like the Canadian flag now)

"Meher!", scolded Teji, "What are you doing?" 

"Oh I'm so sorry", lied Meher, "It was an accident". 

Teji offered Preet some sugar, then some honey, then some lassi.  Finally, the fire in poor Preet's mouth went out.  "Meher Beta", said Teji, "Take our guest to the washroom and help him clean up.  Meher shrugged her shoulders and motioned for Preet to follow her.  She led him down the hall to a washroom, turned the lights on for him and pushed a towel into his hands. 

Preet blocked her way as she was about to leave.  "If I didn't know better, I'd think you did all that on purpose", he said. 

"What?!" cried Meher in fake shock.  "Why Mr Juneja, you give me way too much credit.  After all I'm just a barely tolerable country hick right?  Now are you going to move or should I step on your foot?!"  Preet's mouth fell open in surprise at Meher's remark.  "Ah Ah", said Meher as she pushed past Preet leaving him to clean up. "Moon band kar lo (Close your mouth)...flies you know". 

Preet smiled at her retreating figure.  She must have overheard my conversation with PB he thought.  Preet my man I think you've just met your match.

It wasn't long before Kiran reminded everyone that they had to get going as Herman, Ashlesha and Maya would be waiting at the Singh Havaili for them.  "Where is Preet?" he asked. 

The mention of Preet's name made Meher frown.  How can he be related to such nice people?  She wondered.  As soon as Preet returned, Prem reluctantly got up to leave with the others.  The families exchanged polite good-byes and Balraj and Balwant walked the Junejas out, while the women of the Maan Household were left to digest all that had transpired. 

"Well call me a monkey's uncle", cried Meher, "I can't believe Prem Juneja came, He really came for you Di". 

"I knew it all along", cried Kuljeet Chachee, "My Rabs didn't make Heer so beautiful for nothing.  Oh!  We're all saved!" 

"Chachee!" cried Heer.  "I think we're all reading too much into this.  He came with Chachu on business.  And you!", said Heer pointing at Meher, "you need to learn how to make pakoras again".  Heer placed the empty teacups on the tray and carried them back to the kitchen, but couldn't help from letting a small smile escape from the corner of her mouth.

Hope you liked it.  Please leave your comments, or at least hit the like button.

Chapter 9 & 10  Preview:  Heer becomes Ill.  Meher and Preet meet again.  After setting him on fire today, will Meher ever warm up to Preet?

Link to next chapter 9 & 10: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/44239401        
Edited by Fatima_Q - 9 years ago
sherma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
fab part. meher was super cool. preet will not leave her so easily. luv deirnnok-jkok.thnks for pm.do continue soon
MeraCheekuVirat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wonderful update..!!

luved meet scenes..!!!

:-) lukin forward..! for more hungama..! hehhe
foxi thumbnail
superb...meher is the best..loved it
-salma- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail