Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

Inder Bashing & Other Stuff.....

disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 10:27pm | IP Logged

Hi Guys,

I have been receiving a lot of feedback on the Inder Bashing thing (in all the forums that I post), which generally goes on in my Updates & general comments.....and yes I fully agree with the lot, that I am taking things a little too far now! I would simultaneously like to state that DK worship should also come down a bit......ok, he is really good and all, but all said and done, he is another actor on the show and  there is really no need to praise him to sky! (But then again, this applies mostly to me)

It might sound surprising to some of you, but a lot of stuff that we discuss in these forums (particularly India-Forum & BollyTeens) is being conveyed to some of the actors / people involved with the serial, ''Tumhari Disha'' and I for one have no intention of hurting anyone's sentiments or for that matter boosting someone's ego unnecessarily!

I am also going to put a disclaimer on all my future updates & posts from now on stating that all the comments that I post are ''Character Specific'' and not ''Actor Specific''. For eg. when I comment on Inder being a Bamboo Stick, my intention is to run down the character and not the actor and similarly when I call DK as being hot or sexy, it my take on the character of DK and not on Ashish Nayyar, the actor.

Henceforth, I am also reserving my comments on the acting / performance of the actors.......Updates should be restricted to relating the episode or at best reviewing the episode and not commenting on the actors!

This is again my personal opinion & if anyone else likes to post views or updates in their own terms & conditions, please, please, please continue to do so.....all said and done, I would still love reading about how hot DK looks in his Oxford-blue Shirt and what a pathetic loser in life Inder is!

I would love to have your comments, feedbacks & suggestions on this issue!

Warm Regards,

Disha

MR2006 Groupbie
MR2006
MR2006

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 10:44pm | IP Logged

Well saidBig smile

sarina_202 Senior Member
sarina_202
sarina_202

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 11:32pm | IP Logged

thanks for this..i'm not a character fan...but i'm a fan of the show..and it jsut doesn't seem right to put down another charater...i mean they have to be good enough to be in a show...unlike a lot of us here...hehe..

soapCynic Groupbie
soapCynic
soapCynic

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 11:52pm | IP Logged

Disha77,

My thoughts - I watch TD only for the awesome chemistry between the characters of Disha & DK, which sizzles and inveigles people like me who recently started subscribing to Zee TV (in the US) only for  TD ... 

So, if like you mention, this feedback is getting to the creators/directors of this soap, I'm quite happy. If it is only reaching the actors, that is too bad, as it may be dampening to few spirits. 

True, since we typically associate the actors with the role of the characters it gets difficult to maintain the distinction.  I think it is largely a matter of personal preference as to why some characters appeal to certain people whereas other characters seem limp and very background-ish.

I think that is what polling/ratings are all about trying to gauge the reacti on of audiences at large. I agree we should tone down negative remarks about other characters. I know that I very impatiently tolerate the creators throwingr hurdles and delaying the blossoming of love between DK & Disha's characters, & it would be a colossal disappointment if after the impending divorce that all of you are predicting with so much certainly turns out to  be true and they don't re-unite. So, as long as the creators and actors take your feedback (which broadly reflects most of mine & others in this forum), I think it is a good thing overall. After all, feedback from the audiences I think would be something valuable !!

My concern these days is that they add some nasty twist to the plot that unites Disha with someone other than DK. My worst fear is that they will put an end to the character of DK, & continue the story as Disha is the main protaganist of TD.

I don't know what the response to the DK-Disha chemistry in India (clearly in the US, there are a bunch of us who revel in it !!!) and certainly that of Inder-Rano pale in comparison. Your updates and posts on this forum are an unanimous declaration of how addictive we all are to TD & sheerly awaiting the unfolding of love between Disha & DK - hoping it ends in sweet unison.

Since DK is not the conventionally-regarded-handsome-person  in India (I hope I'm wrong here) I'd hate creators/writes changing the plot to cater to some twisted story-line. 

Edited by soapCynic - 21 February 2005 at 12:02am
disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 12:28am | IP Logged

Dear Soapcynic,

Firstly, let me congratulate you for the articulate & wonderfully structured reply to my post. Yes, I also agree with you on a lot of things that you have commented on. My biggest inspiration for writing these updates are because I love the interplay b/w DK & Disha, and yes, I revel in dissecting the characters (& unfortunately the actors) along with the updates, as it is a part of the whole write-up!

But, the whole issue here is that if I write a comment on someone in the serial (whether positive or negative) and if that person comes up to me (which I can tell you has happened) and tells me what he / she feels about it (again it could be both positive or negative)......then I am bound to feel odd about it!

The whole point of writing on the Net is to be anonymous......of letting your creative energy go unbridled as you are not answerable to anyone....but if somehow circumstances lead you to such a path, where what you are writing is not only being conveyed to the ''written about'' but that person is actually getting back to you with his / her feedback.....I can only say that it is highly embarassing & also very misleading.

Hence, it is not only because of the various feedbacks I got from a bunch of well-meaning friends, it is also due to the fact that I don't want my ''writing'' to ''affect'' any ''individual'' on ''any'' level, that I wish to refrain from posting my comments on the actors, henceforth!

Hope u all get my point!

Cheers,

Disha

PS : All the rest of you are more than welcome to post any thing you want to, since in all probability, no one is glikely to get back to you with their comments / feedbacks on what they think of your posts on them! I am definitely in a soup, if I continue doing so!

dazzling Newbie
dazzling
dazzling

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 8:51am | IP Logged

Well said by both soapCynic and Disha. I am of the opinion that as viewers we reserve our rights to hate or love the characters. After all it is for us that the whole team of soaps are making all the effort. So by us pointing to them that character is horrible and we cannot tolerate them any more, we have really all the rights to say so. After all we are the one who have to bear with them. I hope the character played by Inder gets some makeover for heaven's sake. He was really good in the begining. Now he is going down and dowm .One reason might be he was opposite to Disha in the begining and his character was given lot of weightage.Now for name sake they bring him on and he doesn't have anything else to do than to show his frustration being married to Rano and not getting married to the person he loved so much.Poor guy. That he is not able to emote well.it is high tome director/Scriptwriter have to   give a thought abt this.  Again as all of you have said it is JUST MY 2 CENTS.

lilly Senior Member
lilly
lilly

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 12:11pm | IP Logged

So much has been written and said about Inder bashing, I really dont know which way we are heading

.I agree this is a forum for discussion and all of us should have the free  right to put our  views regarding each character with there acting analysis, however not meaning to sound like I am preaching in this forum as I have great respect for each indidvidual in this forum and there views, we as humans should try to make an honest judgement of characters ( actors) as each  have a tough job, every individual has different kind of footage and role, but agree some are better actors and some less, however each one in there own way I am sure try to do justice to there roles. In the first few episodes where Inder was DI's love interest and had more footage to the role he was not turning out to be so much of a sore eye and be bashed. I am not trying to defend his acting, it's his role also now which has really been reduced to almost nonexistant 

Dk sure is an extremely talented actor and inspite of non conventional looks have really stood out, another non experienced actor could easily have made a fool out of himself. Disha has also tremendously matured with her acting talent as the serial has expressed.

Disha hope you continue to write with your creative energy as you always have done . I am sure all of us which who read your comments and updates respect the words which come out of your creative writing and don't want them restricted in any way.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top