Mythological Masti

Favorite woman from Mythoes

Poll Question: Who is your favorite woman from Mythoes?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [31.03%]
1 [3.45%]
1 [3.45%]
1 [3.45%]
3 [10.34%]
2 [6.90%]
11 [37.93%]
1 [3.45%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Urmila11

Urmila11

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
I know well this is a toughest job to choose only one in this list, but friends, keep thinking & start some lovely discussions about this topic! Wink Enjoy Smile
I will post my opinions later.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Amor.RehanismVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Favorite woman from Mythoes" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 6:13am | IP Logged
OMG, tough choice!Shocked But you know Sema, maybe you should have left out Sita, Radha, and Rukmini from the list since the other women are generally known as the secondary characters and people tend to choose these three because they were the expansions of Lakshmi Ma and all.Embarrassed The list would have been easier without these three.LOL

Anyhow, it's a really difficult choice for me! All of these women are special and we can learn something from each of them, but my utmost favorites are Sita, Radha, and Rukmini, because they exhibited everything important and ideal in their lives, whether it be sacrifice, true love, humbleness, mercy, leadership, etc. But for the sake of the poll, I went with Sita because she has always been close to my heart since I was a child. Sita Ma has been my guardian angel, my role model, and though Ramayan is translated to be "the Journay of Ram", it would not have been the same without her in the story. Ram is not the same without Sita and Sita is not the same without Ram, so yeah...I would chose Sitaji. I would also choose Ram and Sita as my favorite puranic couple.EmbarrassedBig smile But if we are given a choice between Ram and Krishna, I cannot choose. I know, I'm weird.LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11

...PARiNA...

IF-Rockerz

...PARiNA...

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 6:16am | IP Logged
ohh.. cant select b/w Sita, Rahda and Yashoda

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11radt..RamKiJanaki..

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 7:49am | IP Logged
Draupadi.

Because she is the only flawed and non-ideal character in this list and yet she's the epitome of a woman's form as 'Shakti'. Though tolerance and forgiveness is a virtue, but tolerance of injustice is sheer weakness, not virtue. Draupadi, in my opinion, is one of those few woman who never had this weakness, nor did she consider herself weaker than the mightiest men of her time and went on to fight for her own honour and that of others and brought about the demise of Adharma. And also because she was always a rebel (like meEmbarrassedLOL), and would not hesitate even if she has to chide her husbands or elders for their highhandedness.

When Arjun asked Draupadi, 'What are you doing in this Kurukshetra? Its not a place for women", I loved this reply of Draupadi (from Mahabharat) :

"Main swayam hi apni sena hu, aur swayam hi apni senapati. Aur mere yeh kesh mere shastr hai"

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 28 May 2011 at 7:57am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11Bhavaani

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 8:17am | IP Logged
Radharani!

Urmila11..RamKiJanaki..

Bhavaani

Coolbie

Bhavaani

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
Draupadi has always been my favourite, one of the reasons being because she was devoted to Krishna. Besides this though, it's impossible not to respect her as a women because of the experiences she went through and the way she handled them.
Draupadi faced horrors that none of the women from this list had to see (apart from Devaki), yet she faced and overcame them all. She did what was right by her own mind, and whatever she could to protect her own.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"...definitely applies here. But I can honestly say I don't think I would have done anything differently had I been in her position.

Edited by Vicky_sonikudi - 28 May 2011 at 1:18pm

Urmila11..RamKiJanaki..

Amor.

Coolbie

Amor.

Posted: 29 May 2011 at 5:28am | IP Logged
Radharani

Urmila11..RamKiJanaki..

lakshmi42

IF-Dazzler

lakshmi42

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 5:59am | IP Logged
Sita

Urmila11..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.