Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa CC Beach Club 2011 edition 1 (Page 7)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

I'm not talking about all my relatives but a few of them. Actually, it's good that my thaiya and thai don't live in India because their children really expect waaay too many things from us. It's their mother's fault though. She thinks because we earn in dollars we're multimillionaires or something. I thought the move to England would make them think otherwise but nothing's changed. Anyways...it doesn't matter. 

Yeah, my mom said if we need gifts, we'll get them from India itself for people. LOL
Yes makes a lot of sense as you can get nice sarees there and they can use it too.
If they do not like it , they can still sell it.LOL

Everytime my sis comes back from Australia they brings chocolates etc.
My useless brother here even asks her to bring some bread. I told him he is mad.
We get all those things here in Singapore.

Of course my sis even buys some dal (uncooked) and asks us to try.
Guess ladies are always ladies and love to bring lots of things.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:43am | IP Logged
Aww...yeah, we bring so much random food items from India like masalas and candies LOL

My bua used to ask for a lot of random things from here like cheese, chocolates, and jello, but all those are available in India LOL
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:53am | IP Logged

Human beings are mad sometimes and get too greedy.
But I think maybe some Indian sweets are worth bringing to the states. Myshore pak or something.

My brother even asked my sis to bring peanut butter. We get tons here and so too chocolates. worst is my dad who is always raiding the fridge.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:59am | IP Logged
Yeah, sometimes people don't think about the fact that we are five people ourselves, and we're not just bringing things for them. It's okay though. This time bua didn't ask for much. LOL Over the years she's started to realize it's too much. She doesn't do it out of greed though. I think she just genuinely didn't realize it was kinda a lot to ask. 

My dadi, nana, and nani are simple people. They don't ask for anything. It's really the opposite with them LOL We are usually asking them, "Do you need this or this or this?" LOL 
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 2:25am | IP Logged
I remember we used to get a shopping list from relatives.
My mum used to get angry because some asked cash for so many things too.
But New Year period she would normally send something.
Sad that my uncle has already passed away long ago but the wife is still around. He did not care much about his health and sometimes in remote places no medications are available or they do not care. He was younger than my mum. Now even one of his sons has passed away (partly because he never cared much about himself).

Life is strange in less developed areas.

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
My mom also would get irritated when having to pack so much stuff too. We're trying to pack as light as possible, so that we can bring back more stuff. LOL

Yeah, sometimes in general I think some people are not real good about taking care of themselves, but your health is your wealth. If you don't have good health, your life is pointless.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
My boss calls people in our companies who request for funds as having the "Begging bowl syndrome"
Asking things from another human being lowers us , better ask God as it will raise us. Of course we must be careful n ask the right things.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
I think it depends on what you're asking from the other person too LOL Not everything will lower us. Like sometimes asking for advice can help us see things from a different perspective, and that can help us. Sometimes it confuses us more though too LOL

Go to top