TOI:Milte hain break ke baad-Wahi

Posted: 12 years ago
'

MILTE HAIN BREAK KE BAAD! 

Some heartthrobs of Tellywood seem to have gone on a longish sabbatical,while eager fans wait for their return 

Amrita Mulchandani 

They were small screens blue eyed stars who hogged the limelight for quite some time.These prime time regulars who sizzled on the small screen got all the fan following and adoration until recently.But the tube certainly misses these showbiz sizzlers as some of them are missing in action.Amar Upadhyay,Hussain Kuwajerwala,Rajshree Thakur,Cezanne Khan,Shilpa Saklani,Gurdeep Kohli,Sangeeta Ghosh,Mohit Sehgal,Karan Wahi,Rati Pandey,Aditya Redij,Mona Wasu,Juhi Parmar,Divyanka Tripathi,Akashh Depp Saigal,Pallavi Subhash,Shruti Seth,Aasiya Kazi,Shubhangi Atre and Naman Shaw had once created benchmarks for the other TV actors.Most of them are now making special appearances on various shows,but havent done a full-fledged return yet.So what keeps them on their toes,is the billion rupee question.
Being selective about the kind of work they want to do is one of the reasons why these actors are not as visible as they used to be once.Some actors claim that the hectic daily serial grind leaves them with so little time with their family,that after their major shows get over,they need a break to catch up on lost time and return to work refreshed.Actor Aditya Redij who was catapulted to stardom as Raghav in Na Aana Iss Des Laado,is keeping himself busy by being fit,spending time with his family and travelling extensively.Laado had set a benchmark for me I want to do shows that are more exciting and interesting.Nothing too great has come my way so far.I dont want to take up anything and everything that comes my way, says Aditya.
Producer Sunjoy Wadhwa feels that established actors who were prime time favorites were once new comers too but once they are big names it gets difficult to slot them in shows because they have set images and the audience often identifies them in those characters.They are amazing actors but most shows today need younger and fresher faces.The bigger and established actors need to probably be a little more flexible about what they want to do,which will help them professionally.Some actors keep waiting for the right opportunity and get lucky.In television industry one has to grab whatever comes your way for survival. 
Actress Rati Pandey who played Nupur in the recently concluded show Miley Jab Hum Tum says that the offers she receives do not impress her much.I have some offers but they do not appeal to me.I havent distanced myself from TV,if something lucrative comes up,I will take it up.My new construction business with my brother is keeping me busy and I am also planning to start a restaurant in Mumbai.I am likely to do regional films I have offers from Bhojpuri and South films, says Rati.
Many in the industry feel the dynamics in TV is quite different from that of films.TV actors get exposed as a character for three years and then it becomes difficult for the audience to connect to them when they play some other character, says director Ravindra Gautam adding,A character in a film connects with the audience only for two hours.But take the example of Ronit Roy.The actor might have done several shows but he is still known as Mr Bajaj or Mihir. 
Commenting on whether its a show that makes an actor or other way round,Ravindra says,Everyone has realized that star power doesnt work on TV.Established actors who have worked in other shows after their success havent done too well.Only good content and script works in TV technicians and fresh writers are paid more than actors today. 
There are some who feel that the break is important for them to rejuvenate and give time to other things in their life.Post Remix,I had lots of offers but I took a two year break from TV and then did Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena,Nanhi Pari and Dill Mill Gayye.I have offers but am waiting to work on something unusual.One needs a break from the routine to groom oneself and grow as an actor, says Karan Wahi.
So,for all those of you who have been patiently waiting for your favorite stars to make a comeback,a lot would depend on what the showmakers offer on a platter.Until then,its got to be a guest glimpse of these stars on various reality/fiction shows.

(L-R ) Mohit Sehgal,Shubhangi Atre,Rati Pandey,Aditya Redij and Hussain Kuwajerwala 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

thanks a lot for the article tanu🤗
how long do v hav to wait for karan to come back😭?
Edited by sv003 - 12 years ago
thanks alot👏👏
nice answer & cum soon karan
Thanx for sharing 🤗
I agree wid KW dat he needs a break , par kitna lamba break ? 😔 😆
Even we wanna see him in an unusual role :)
He needs to come back real soon 😳

SA's name should also b there :|

I miss KW & SA alot :'(
Originally posted by -Harshu-

Thanx for sharing 🤗
I agree wid KW dat he needs a break , par kitna lamba break ? 😔 😆
Even we wanna see him in an unusual role :)
He needs to come back real soon 😳

SA's name should also b there :|

I miss KW & SA alot :'(
agree yr SA name shld be dere
missing KW/SA alottt...
hi

thanks for the link

yup fans are eagerly wiating for KW's comeback

kw wants to do something unsual but  what can that be??????

looking foward to see him back with something interesting

norzar

Thanks so much for shairing🤗
missing karan so much😭
hope he find his unusual role soon 😳
 @ harshu i m also agree with u SA's name should also be there😔
We miss u Shilpa😭
Come Back soon Karan & Shilpa ur fans r waiting eagerly for ur comeback😳

Edited by Neha_Luvs_JeRan - 12 years ago
Thankyou for posting the article.😊