Debate Mansion

Wild Wild Web (Ref:Pg 3)? (Page 2)

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by angie.4u

- Morals and ethics exist where they can be practiced. Its a collective responsibility.
- Freedom of expression can be a double edged sword. If you can practice it so can the others.
My practical philosophy says- Get into the www at your own risk. As in the real world you will definitely get back what you dish out, all rules be damned! The whining sorts need to give it a miss.

Thoda zor se bolna please, Angie - maybe the whiners will actually hear you! I have been saying the same thing for the longest of times, but nobody ever seems to hear it. LOL

And totally with you on freedom of expression - if you have it, so do others. Don't be startled when they give you a taste of your own medicine!
You did the zor se bolna for me WA LOL 
But just think, what would the www be withouit some whiners on board ...everything , everyperson has a purpose for being, the whiners included!  Evil Smile LOL 

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
The internet is the best place to vent out your frustrations if you have good writing skills...you can be a zero in real life...but if you can yak well you will be a hero here...LOL..
I love it when people claim that they don't care and then keep harping over the same thing again and againLOL...

nice topic Aarya...Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 12:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

The internet is the best place to vent out your frustrations if you have good writing skills...you can be a zero in real life...but if you can yak well you will be a hero here...LOL..
I love it when people claim that they don't care and then keep harping over the same thing again and againLOL...

Khush rahane wale har haal mein khush nazar ayenge. Rone wale har jagah rote nazar ayenge .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3blue-ice.

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by blue-ice

Khush rahane wale har haal mein khush nazar ayenge. Rone wale har jagah rote nazar ayenge .

Satya vachan...

Summer3

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 1:43am | IP Logged
Without Internet there is no future ...so everybody have to keep the code of conduct and ethics..but I hate sometime my net goes down and when I try to find other Wifi ,..then some people challenging my ethicsConfused but I learned one of the best thing about the Internet is how quickly you can offend the maximum amount of people with minimum effortBig smile

Edited by Believe - 27 May 2011 at 2:15am

Summer3

MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 2:39am | IP Logged
Morals & ethics ought to exist everywhere, but in many places, people like to forget them. Internet is no exception. LOL

That said, my comment seems to be very generalizing. I have come across some brilliant people through Internet. It's just few idiots who give everything a bad name. 

Silentsoul

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 2:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Without Internet there is no future ...so everybody have to keep the code of conduct and ethics..but I hate sometime my net goes down and when I try to find other Wifi ,..then some people challenging my ethicsConfused but I learned one of the best thing about the Internet is how quickly you can offend the maximum amount of people with minimum effortBig smile
Even the terrorists use the internet; so there is some bad in that too.LOL
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

My motto stands as if you wouldn't do it in real life, don't do it in virtual life. Following that helps me because I do realize that it is pretty easy to lose yourself online and to allow yourself to believe that what happens here doesn't matter. At the end of the day, it does matter. You may think that logging off/editing/self-banning yourself will make your actions go away, but this is still real life. What you do and how you behave all stays with you. Yeah, no one else may come and ask you why you said what you said, but do whatever it takes to keep your conscience clean.

that's also a pretty bad idea. By doing that, you are treating your virtual life on par with your real life, which causes you to take it too seriously. There's no need to turn into mr. hyde, but there's no need to stay Dr. Jekyll either on the net. For example, I make the rudest comments on youutube or IF, which I wouldn't dream of saying in real life, apart from a few friends that is. Virtual life is a relaxed version of reality, where you can sweep a few dust pieces under the mat. A few.

Go to top