Page 1 of 37

Page 1
Page   of 37
Page 2 Page 37

usmani_girlzz

Goldie

usmani_girlzz

Posted: 05 January 2006 at 6:01am | IP Logged
Pakistani skipper Inzamam-ul-Haq on Sunday tipped India as favourites in the forthcoming Test series, saying a home advantage and Pakistan's recent series win over England would count for little. "We will need to work extra hard. For me, India will be favourites in the series," Inzamam told reporters ahead of the three Tests and five one-dayers -- the third series between the arch rivals in two years. India arrive on January 5 and start the tour with a three-day side match against Pakistan 'A' on January 7. A final tour itinerary is likely to be released on Monday. Inzamam said the victory over England would not be of great help. England came to Pakistan on the back of their September Ashes triumph, their first in 18 years, but lost the three-Test series 2-0 and the one-day series 3-2. "The win against England is a thing of the past now, and since there is not much difference in pitches and other things in India and Pakistan, there will be no home advantage," said Inzamam. Inzamam, who was in top form with 431 runs against England in three Tests, said India have an experienced squad. "India has a strong batting line up and with Sourav Ganguly's return it has further strengthened. Although Rahul Dravid does not have experience as a captain he is a wise batsman and will mature as captain." The Pakistan captain, however, said histeam have an edge in fast bowling. "Our fast bowlers did well against England and in that department we have an edge over India. I think my quicks have the ability to help us beat India," said Inzamam. Express paceman Shoaib Akhtar took 17 wickets in Tests against England and with his changed attitude and resolve looked a transformed bowler. Pakistan also have Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan and fit-again Umer Gul. Inzamam said Pakistan match India in the spin department. "We are not weak in the spin department because we have Danish Kaneria, Arshad Khan, Shoaib Malik and Shahid Afridi so we can match India who have Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh," he said. The Pakistan skipper said he wants pitches to assist his pace bowlers. "I am thankful to Wasim Akram for advising us to prepare hard pitches keeping in view the good form of our bowlers in the series against England," said Inzamam, who will meet groundsmen on Monday to devise a strategy. He disagreed that Pakistan rely heavily on him in batting and Akhtar in bowling.

"Salman Butt, Mohammad Yousuf and Kamran Akmal have batted well in recent matches, so has Afridi and in bowling we also have Naved, Kaneria and others who have done well."

will post more soon

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "abt pak india cricket series post here" in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Innocent_Angel

Innocent_Angel

Posted: 05 January 2006 at 6:23am | IP Logged
thnx......well do u knw th3 shedule.......

shushfs

shushfs

Posted: 05 January 2006 at 6:36am | IP Logged
hiya

glad that u started this topic

Pakistan A - Lahore
Jan 7 - 9

1st Test - Lahore
Jan 13 - 17

2nd Test - Faisalabad
Jan 21 - 25

3rd Test - Karachi
Jan 29 - Feb 2

1st ODI - Peshawar
Feb 6

2nd ODI - Rawalpindi
Feb 11

3rd ODI - Lahore
Feb 13 (D/N)

4th ODI - Multan
Feb 16 (D/N)

5th ODI - Karachi
Feb 19

By the way does anyone know which channel is showing it in UK???

usmani_girlzz

Goldie

usmani_girlzz

Posted: 05 January 2006 at 9:08am | IP Logged
ya it is ten sports & super sports i think i will ask my cousin in uk about it ok

koenigbobo

IF-Stunnerz

koenigbobo

IF SUPER ADDICT

Posted: 05 January 2006 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Clap Clap yai acha kiya !!!

yai thread merii fav ho gee Clap

usmani_girlzz

Goldie

usmani_girlzz

Posted: 05 January 2006 at 9:19am | IP Logged
07 Jan 2006   Pakistan A v India Bagh-e-Jinnah, Lahore FC
13 Jan 2006 1st Test Pakistan v India Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore Test
21 Jan 2006 2nd Test Pakistan v India Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad Test
29 Jan 2006 3rd Test Pakistan v India National Stadium, Karachi Test
06 Feb 2006 1st ODI Pakistan v India Arbab Niaz Stadium, Peshawar ODI
11 Feb 2006 2nd ODI Pakistan v India Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium ODI
13 Feb 2006 3rd ODI Pakistan v India Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore ODI
16 Feb 2006 4th ODI Pakistan v India Multan Cricket Stadium ODI
19 Feb 2006 5th ODI Pakistan v India National Stadium, Karachi ODI

sweet_sweety

IF-Dazzler

sweet_sweety

Posted: 05 January 2006 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Cry now i dun watch cricket but may be i will watch dis time coz of pak india serIes paki cricketer's izzat rakh laina kuchH bhaiyOon LOL Tongue

Edited by sweet_sweety - 05 January 2006 at 9:27am

koenigbobo

IF-Stunnerz

koenigbobo

IF SUPER ADDICT

Posted: 05 January 2006 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Tongue kool

thnkx buddy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top