Serious Problem For Indian Viewers !

Posted: 12 years ago

I have one problem ! 

Since everyone is mentioning and suggesting to watch GHSP on time 9.30 and on TV ! 

There are few reasons for not doing so ! πŸ˜‰

Of course for Indians ! πŸ˜‰

Firstly, I want to confess that, I did not watch GHSP from mid april to may beginning ! ( Don't kill me for that ! ) πŸ˜†

Following are the reasons :

1. I did not liked the track ! ( Yeah, its true, it was irritating hell out of me, so i left it ! )

2. I had exams !

3. Cable wars !

4. My parents and sister do not watch GHSP and I can't force them to watch ! Can't ! I can't fight with my whole family to watch it !

5. Other shows on the same time, my mom loved and still loving ! 

6. My bro and his IPL ! ( well, me too like IPL ! )

So, there were few reasons that I could not watch GHSP for more than month ! 

And, in future too ! There will be tough competition out there ! 

I know from my side that, when KBC 5 will start, i will not watch GHSP on TV. Coz, AB is AB, my parents and me too, crazy for him ! We will watch KBC 5 ! I know, coz last season, too ! When KBC was running, i used to watch GHSP on YT ! So, if KBC will clash the time of GHSP then i'm sure KBC will win ! 

GHSP has very tough competition, and in that case, CVs will not provide strong story line then no one will watch ! Coz, chemistry can't run the whole show and not a single actor or character ! You need grip over story ! If you will show some crap then no one will watch, coz there are thousand shows out of there ! No one really cares !

Personally, I left it, i just watched from today, coz i'm not liking it all ! Dragging and endless track, ineffective fun, i don't like that ! It's just that, MSK came back and I came back ! 

So, I think for indian viewers there are many obstacles ! 

9.30 is the prime time ! Dad wants news, mom fav show, sis fav show, me and bro WWF and Football ! I have only one TV in home, so finally i have to watch it on YT or repeats ! And, can't fight with my whole family to watch one show esp. when it is not going well ! ( with mom, never ! Varna khana nahi milega ! )

Only Indians count ! coz i don't understand this TRP things at all and never will ! πŸ˜† I don't know if other country's TRP counts or not ! 

So, IF AND ONLY IF, TRPs counts then this is major problem ! and on top of that, crappy track ! 

I don't know how many Indians are there on GF, so i made this poll ! So that I can get idea ! 

Maddy

Edited by maanddy - 12 years ago
ummm...I understand ur problem!! I'm not from Indian, so I really can't contribute to trps! If I could, I certainly would have!! If you can't watch then dun watch it hun! I, totally, understand ur POV! No one is forced to watch!  Those who can please do watch it! Thank You!
I too am not in India. But I understand your POV. There are many who don't like this show.  In my family too i am the only one who watches it. The rest think its crappy and boring. One thing I agree with you is that there should be a good story-line to draw the viewers to a show. Just the gr8 chemistry of the lead pair is not enough to retain their interest. I love GC/DD but there are times when even I feel that by only showing their old scenes in a different ambiance is not sufficient to garner TRPs. This show actually is in need of a gripping story-line now after Maneet's marriage and all of the other Geet's problems are over. (I mean now that the baby is gone, Dev has been forgiven and after this Beeji and Co's problem is over). Let's wait and watch. Maybe for the show's survival the Cvs will think of something really good. particularly after having read the article on Star One shows being scrapped I think this show too needs a complete make-over to keep it going. But all said and done I can't imagine TV without GHSP and definitely not without Maneet/Gurti.
Originally posted by mrs.MSK_GurTi

ummm...I understand ur problem!! I'm not from Indian, so I really can't contribute to trps! If I could, I certainly would have!! If you can't watch then dun watch it hun! I, totally, understand ur POV! No one is forced to watch!  Those who can please do watch it! Thank You!

Yes ! But even If I want to watch, as i said, everyone has different choices, and i can't fight with my whole family to watch it ! 

And, the competition is tough, I mean there are other shows which my mom and sis like, and IPL and all that ! 

It's hard for me to watch ! That's why I watch it on YT ! πŸ˜³

And, this TRP things really 'exist' and works then even I watch it, but it will not be considered ! Coz, we watch it online ! πŸ˜Š
Originally posted by Fezana

I too am not in India. But I understand your POV. There are many who don't like this show.  In my family too i am the only one who watches it. The rest think its crappy and boring. One thing I agree with you is that there should be a good story-line to draw the viewers to a show. Just the gr8 chemistry of the lead pair is not enough to retain their interest. I love GC/DD but there are times when even I feel that by only showing their old scenes in a different ambiance is not sufficient to garner TRPs. This show actually is in need of a gripping story-line now after Maneet's marriage and all of the other Geet's problems are over. (I mean now that the baby is gone, Dev has been forgiven and after this Beeji and Co's problem is over). Let's wait and watch. Maybe for the show's survival the Cvs will think of something really good. particularly after having read the article on Star One shows being scrapped I think this show too needs a complete make-over to keep it going. But all said and done I can't imagine TV without GHSP and definitely not without Maneet/Gurti.

Exactly, honestly, frankly and bluntly telling you babes, 

No show can run on Chemistry, One actor, One Character, Romance ! They do need a very strong story line and if there is no story, people would not invest their 30 minutes man ! Coz, there are thousands of the show running on the same time and all can't be bad ! Let's just accept it that, if we like our GHSP then it's not necessary that everyone must like it ! 

Coz, if you think practically, it is not the BEST show going on ! There are many more with different concept, literally a very different concept other than mills and boon romance ! So, there will be competition ! 

And, youth ? They call it youth show and youth channel, but youth really watch the show ? I don't think so, they are busy in partying hard, studying or watching Roadies, DDD, and other 'in real concept youth' based show, including me ! πŸ˜‰ Do you know channel V has got some 'fresh' and 'youth oriented' shows and, I call them for sure, Different ! πŸ˜‰

On GF only, I really don't know how many young girls are watching, if they are watching then only for Romance, otherwise I was shocked to know that, half of my buddies here are married and can't fit in 'youth' criteria ! ( Sorry for that ! ) 

And, I know what i will be doing is the show will closed ! πŸ˜­ I will download all the episodes (good one only) and watch it everyday and cry in the memory of Maaneet ! πŸ˜† I am also attached to the show, but in real world there is tough competition to survive ! 

Edited by maanddy - 12 years ago

Hi even my family doesnt like Geet.I dont like soaps in general...but GHSP is the only one of which i'm crazy abt...coz of MSK...i watch the repeat these @ 9:00 am these days since i hav holidays...otherwise i actually spend two hrs. to watch this 30mins show.Yup...u read it right...i cnteven watch it in utube durin my classes.So i download it.,convert to 3GP format & watch it in mobile...😊 See its not that i'm dedicated to the show...but cicumstances...πŸ˜ƒ

Well since i'm free now...i would always switch to STAR ONE to seee the new promo...again & again & again... 

hiii meha...
u kno u have summed up the problems that we face at every household...
my dad want s to watch IPL...my mom wants to watch some other show...
my dad teases me saying that indeed i am a GHSP loyalist...i watch all the crap so patiently inspite of non existent storyline
my mom knos by now...that i watch geet for the lead pair...and their chemistrilicious romance...coz the story is crap...
she is infact proud of my tolerance limit for enduring this show for so longπŸ˜†

i have to fight my way to watch this show...and now even i feel is all this fights that i am putting up ...does this show really deserve it...
the new team has succesfuuly butchered the beautiful essence of this show...which had attracted us in the very beginning...and ofcourse the lead pair😳...

thank god i dont have any siblings..or else every day wus have been a mahayudh at my home sweet homeπŸ˜† and YT mein geet dekhna parvarta nahi hai🀣

reva
Originally posted by madhubala123

Hi even my family doesnt like Geet.I dont like soaps in general...but GHSP is the only one of which i'm crazy abt...coz of MSK...i watch the repeat these @ 9:00 am these days since i hav holidays...otherwise i actually spend two hrs. to watch this 30mins show.Yup...u read it right...i cnteven watch it in utube durin my classes.So i download it.,convert to 3GP format & watch it in mobile...😊 See its not that i'm dedicated to the show...but cicumstances...πŸ˜ƒ

Well since i'm free now...i would always switch to STAR ONE to seee the new promo...again & again & again... 

Same story here babes ! Same ! But, now i got new cell, so no more 3GP conversion mess ! I can't directly download in cell or watch directly ! πŸ˜³ It's a relief ! But, i think everyone is concerning about TRP things, then for Indian people it is a big problem ! πŸ˜Š
Originally posted by Dreamy_Mystique

hiii meha...
u kno u have summed up the problems that we face at every household...
my dad want s to watch IPL...my mom wants to watch some other show...
my dad teases me saying that indeed i am a GHSP loyalist...i watch all the crap so patiently inspite of non existent storyline
my mom knos by now...that i watch geet for the lead pair...and their chemistrilicious romance...coz the story is crap...
she is infact proud of my tolerance limit for enduring this show for so longπŸ˜†

i have to fight my way to watch this show...and now even i feel is all this fights that i am putting up ...does this show really deserve it...
the new team has succesfuuly butchered the beautiful essence of this show...which had attracted us in the very beginning...and ofcourse the lead pair😳...

thank god i dont have any siblings..or else every day wus have been a mahayudh at my home sweet homeπŸ˜† and YT mein geet dekhna parvarta nahi hai🀣

reva

OMG ! reva, same here ! I have got same problem and i have siblings too ! That too, a bro and sis ! I have to fight with them all to watch it, and when i watch it my sis, bro and dad constantly teases me that i'm STONE, coz i'm taking all this, with not even a single strong story ! 

I can't do anything but to watch it on YT yaar ! Coz, even i feel bad, coz you know when i'm watching and devini or any character that i do not like comes, then i mute my volume ! So, they always tell me, k i am not happy still watching ! πŸ˜†

And, you should look me and my bro fighting ! We can beat WWF stars too ! πŸ€£ And, me and my sis, we believe in 'Word-War'  ! πŸ€£πŸ€£

πŸ˜†

Originally posted by maanddy

OMG ! reva, same here ! I have got same problem and i have siblings too ! That too, a bro and sis ! I have to fight with them all to watch it, and when i watch it my sis, bro and dad constantly teases me that i'm STONE, coz i'm taking all this, with not even a single strong story ! 

I can't do anything but to watch it on YT yaar ! Coz, even i feel bad, coz you know when i'm watching and devini or any character that i do not like comes, then i mute my volume ! So, they always tell me, k i am not happy still watching ! πŸ˜†

And, you should look me and my bro fighting ! We can beat WWF stars too ! πŸ€£ And, me and my sis, we believe in 'Word-War'  ! πŸ€£πŸ€£

πŸ˜†

omg...kya family hai..so basically night time is action time for u guys...
u with ur bro and sis looks like KHATRON KE KHILADIπŸ˜†

reva