Adaalat

From crime to kitchen politics-Ronit

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 11:02am | IP Logged

From crime to kitchen politics

How has life changed for you after Udaan?

Udaan was a turning-point not only for me but all those who were associated with the film that was the official Indian representation at the Cannes Film Festival last year. It also won rave reviews and bagged many awards in India. As for me, I did get a lot of film offers, some with good scripts and some that were the regular commercial potboilers. I don't have anything against commercial films but I am looking for good scripts. However, I don't think in terms of how my life has changed after the film. For me, it was a piece of work and I am very happy it was appreciated. In fact, it's a humbling experience.

So, which films are you working in now?

I have just completed shooting for Deepa Mehta's film, but since I have signed a non-disclosure agreement, I cannot reveal anything more (he's reported to be playing a bad father once again after Udaan). There are a couple of other films that I have finalised and will start shooting in August.

What brings you back to season 4 of Kitchen Champions?

It lets me be myself and it's fun hosting it. I remember when Ashvini (Yardi, programming head, Colors) offered me the show I told her, "Cooking and me don't jell. But when I heard the concept I loved it and now I am hosting the fourth season. This time it's a little different from the earlier ones in the sense that besides me and the chef, a third element has been added in the form of Punpun Wali aka Smita Singh (Bhagyavidhata). She will be the fun element on the show. Besides that, we are reducing one game and increase the cooking segment as we want to give women time to write down the recipes.

After four seasons, you must have become an expert in cooking.

(Laughs) I am not cooking on the show, I am just hosting it. Moreover, I don't have time to cook. But yes, we have tried a few recipes at home including an Italian item, Vegetable Lasagne, which I prepared myself.

Your other show Adalat is now becoming a bi-weekly..

(Cuts in) Yes, which means that the load of work will be more. But it's going to be exciting because we are trying to raise the bar of the show to a world-class thriller. It's a fast-paced show and a genre I had never attempted before. It's the first time that I am playing a lawyer and I am bringing my own nuances to the role. However, we have a lawyer on our panel to see that we stay within legal parameters. We do take cinematic liberties because otherwise it will be boring.

Which case so far has intrigued you the most?

We have shot 32 episodes and all of them were intriguing. Two episodes that come to mind are the ones involving a magician and a two-hour special episode of a flight's crash- landing. However, the most interesting case is yet to come and currently I am shooting for it. It involves K.D Pathak's (the character Ronit plays) murder and is called KD Vs KD.

You are playing a double-role?

You'll have to watch the serial to know that.

http://www.screenindia.com/news/from-crime-to-kitchen-politics/795770/

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AyeshaRR

Misanthrope. IF-Stunnerz
Misanthrope.
Misanthrope.

TSMSP,Porus, Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki BC Winner

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Thanx armu. KD v/s KD. wow! can't wait.
HaHaHeHe-Hupp IF-Sizzlerz
HaHaHeHe-Hupp
HaHaHeHe-Hupp

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 2:34am | IP Logged
thanx for article armu..

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index