Who's the bigger diva - Priyanka or Illeana?

Posted: 12 years ago

Who's the bigger diva?

Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz fight over their roles in Anurag Basu's Barfee postponing the next schedule of the film

Wherever there's more than one female star, a catfight is sure to follow. Anurag basu, obviously did not think about this while casting Priyanka Chopra and South Indian siren Ileana D'Cruz together for his film Barfee.

Looks like, the filmmaker has to pay for his oversight now. The next schedule for the film has been postponed, thanks to the two leading ladies in the film.

The problem is the same age-old fight over their 'roles'. Both the ladies feel that their respective box office value is not justified in the way it should have been in the film.

Confirming the same, a source said, "Priyanka Chopra is obviously a huge star in Bollywood and she has a far more challenging role in the film. But Ilena D'Cruz too is a big star down South. She picked Barfee as her launch venture because of the producers UTV and the director Anurag Basu who is known to extract super-sensitive performances from his female actors.

But after seeing how powerful Priyanka's role is in Barfee and also her obvious comfort level with the film's leading man Ranbir Kapoor, (Priyanka and Ranbir got along like a house on fire during Anjaana Anjaani) Ileana is being warned by her friends that she might be reduced to a has-been like Kangna Ranaut in Anurag Basu's Kites."

Obviously, Ileana wants more footage as well as a few extra songs in the film. After seeing Kangna's role being chopped in the director's project Kites, it's only natural for the South Indian star to get cold feet. So now, unless the issues involving ileana's position in the film is sorted out, the next schedule of the shoot stands postponed.

Incidentally, the leading ladies have had problems with their role in Barfee from the very beginning. While Priyanka grabbed the smaller but more challenging role of the mentally challenged girl, little did the filmmaker know that he would have to face problems regarding the other more conventional romantic female lead.

First Katrina Kaif and then Asin Thottumkal opted out of the romantic lead. Finally, Ileana it was. And now, she too has problems.

Although both UTV's Siddharth Roy Kapoor and director Anurag Basu deny any delay in the next schedule, the fact is the Barfee team is at the moment trying to create satisfactory space for its two leading ladies.

β€’ Priyanka Chopra has a far more challenging role in Barfee than Ileana
lol this is so funny. PC has a fab role. I doubt she's being a diva about it. And as for Illeana, she is just starting, why would she be a diva. Why does the media always portray these stars as very evil?
if Priyanka has a challenging role im pretty sure it would be a challenge for me to understand the movie..🀒
I think it just for the publicity πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Pulwasha

if Priyanka has a challenging role im pretty sure it would be a challenge for me to understand the movie..🀒

what you mean?? cuz pc have challenging role that you will not understand the movie ??πŸ˜•
Originally posted by lovePC

what you mean?? cuz pc have challenging role that you will not understand the movie ??πŸ˜•

LOL noo.. im jokinggg..

i dnt like her..

LOL noo.. im jokinggg..

i dnt like her..

ok so whenever ever pc do challenging roles people don't understand her movies damn she should stop doing the challenging roles and stick to looking pretty roles than ...
Edited by lovePC - 12 years ago
Originally posted by lovePC

ok so whenever ever pc do challenging roles people don't understand her movies damn she should stop doing the challenging roles and stick to looking pretty roles than ...

she doesnt look pretty either..🀣

she doesnt look pretty either..🀣

oh kk then she should quit bollywood πŸ˜‰
oh pc looks so cute in that blue dress n her hair too😍