Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: -dia-

loved it...awesome!!!

Thank you dia! :)
Newdime thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Now don't you think bohot lamba hogaya wait?  Update kiyan che...?
Limerance thumbnail
Originally posted by: Newdime

Now don't you think bohot lamba hogaya wait?  Update kiyan che...?

I know, I know I'm horrible but I think it's your lucky day! ðŸ˜‰
Newdime thumbnail
SERIOUSLY...???????? Ok let me get you on the next page.
Limerance thumbnail
Originally posted by: Newdime

SERIOUSLY...???????? Ok let me get you on the next page.

Yes Seriously! Lol 
And I'm actually really ready so as soon as the next page is up I will post. :)
Edited by Limerance - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail

NEXT IS URS...
Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago
Limerance thumbnail
Part 9

As soon as Maan heard the sobs and sniffles subside from Geet he turned his head towards her. Seeing her eyes were closed he realized she must have fallen asleep. He wasn't surprised. The emotional distress had taken a toll on her no doubt leaving her completely drained. Not wanting to wake her from the little peace she had now Maan decided to carry her back home. Maan carefully adjusted himself by moving one hand arm her knees while one stayed on her waist to lift her up. Thank goodness her hands were still wrapped around his neck Maan thought he couldn't deal with flaying arms also. While walking towards the house he noticed someone standing in the patio area.  

Upon getting closer Maan recognized it was Dadi. He figured she also must have had difficulty sleeping knowing this was not her normal time to wake up. After having gotten close enough to see her face Maan saw a forlorn expression on her.  For the first time in a long while he had seen that and didn't like it. Although he acted annoyed and put off by her taunts and teasing he actually enjoyed the fact that at least someone was trying to pretend everything was alright. Thinking about all of this he didn't realize that instead of walking back to Geet's house he instead now had made it to his.  

Dadi had not slept a wink that night either. Hoping that the fresh sea air would do her some good she decided to spend some time in the patio. Ever since Meera told her early that morning that Geet's papers were going to be delivered soon Dadi had started to get worried. And after Meera's phone call she was disturbed even more. Geet had become like her own child now and she couldn't see her in pain. It was hard enough to see Maan going through the same emotions and now Geet. It was all starting to get too much for her, seeing two people she loved dearly in such pain. The sudden sound of being called out to brought her attention away from these thoughts momentarily. But after seeing an unconscious Geet in his arms she lost all sanity and began to panic. 

"Maan! What's wrong with Geet? Where did you find her? Is she alright?" 

"Dadi, will you relax! She's fine only sleeping." 

She still looked confused, "But, how...?" 

"I'll explain everything Dadi. Just let me put Geet in the guest room for now. I don't think it's a good idea to wake up Meera this early and worry her too." 

Dadi quickly followed behind him and helped settle Geet into the bed. She then realized from the look of his clothing that Maan had gone for jog so Dadi detoured in the kitchen to get him a glass of water while he proceeded back outside. 

Maan took the glass she handed him and gulped all the water down. Dadi couldn't help but start firing questions again at rapid speed. Maan who was tired and functioning on no sleep started to agitated. "Dadi, will you breathe please? If you give me a chance I will explain." 

"I'm sorry Maan. It's just that I have been worried all day about Geet and seeing her like that I got scared." 

"I understand Dadi but calm down. Panicking like this is not good for your health and definitely won't help anyone." He paused for a while trying to get his thoughts straight before speaking. "I'm guessing you already know about the case being filed." After seeing her nod he continued. He remembered the emptiness in Geet's eyes and the dark sadness was all that prevailed in them. "I won't lie Dadi, she's completely devastated. This seems to have broken her so much that...I don't know if she will be able to get through it." 

"This is exactly what I was afraid of Maan." 

"I understand Dadi but did you expect anything else Dadi? Any person in such a situation would be feeling like this." 

"Thank you Maan for the logic but that doesn't make me feel any better. I can't see her like that Maan, I just can't bare it."

He understood well because he also couldn't bare it. He didn't want to see Geet fail because he knew she was strong enough to get through it but needed a little push. "Dadi I know it's hard but you can't break down like this. She needs someone to be strong for her. So I don't worry want you to worry about anything but taking care of her. I will take care of the rest."

"What do you mean Maan?" She was confused by his statement.

"I have contacts that are close with the Walters. I will try to set up a meeting with them and see where it goes. Even though Meera has tried talking with them it won't turn hurt to try once more."

Dadi was still puzzled as to why he was doing all of this. He was not the type to take initiative into something like this. Especially not in if it would mix personal life and business life. She questioned him on this sudden change in character. "Why are you doing this Maan? It's not like you."  

"It's because I also can't stand what I see in her eyes. I can recognize the agony she's going through, it reminds me of my roughest times. I at least had you to support me and show me the right path but from what all we know Geet doesn't have anyone. And I don't want to see her give up because of that. I know she can through this."

Dadi started to remember the figures she saw on the beach when she had stepped outside. After putting two and two together she concluded now it must have been Maan most likely reassuring Geet. A weary smile formed on Dadi's face at the thought that finally some emotions began to seep back into him. Finally he started to break his barrier. He was becoming the Maan he used to be. The one that wasn't so shut out from everything.

Maan noticed the soft smile on her face but pretended not to see it. He had a feeling it was probably related to a topic he didn't want to talk about. He told her he should be getting ready for work and went back inside the house to get dressed. After Maan left Dadi also went back inside and started her daily routine.  

It was midday now and Geet was still sleeping. The combination of the glaring sunlight and flyaway hairs caused her to stir. But as soon as she felt the grazing of a soft finger over her face she fell back into drowsiness. It traced a path from her forehead to her left temple then behind the ear. After a few seconds the movement proceeded on the right side of her face. The slow movements began to drug her further into sleep. 

"Piyu, what are you doing?" Dadi asked as she saw Piyu sitting next to Geet gently caressing away the hair from her face. After being told by Nakul that Piyu wasn't in her room Dadi started to search the house realizing she must have been hiding again. Not finding her anywhere Dadi made her way to the only place left the guest room and there she was. 

"I was moving Geet's hair away. It was bothering her." Piyu said innocently yet with a distinct pout for being admonished for only helping.? 

"Beta, I understand but Geet is really tired and needs to rest. Come on, let's go get you something to eat." 

"No Dadi. I want to eat with Geet! Can I just sit here and wait? I promise I won't bother her again, please!" 

Geet was slowly coming back to reality due to the voices. Dadi noticed her shuffling in bed and gave Piyu a stern look. It wasn't long before Geet was awake and trying to make sense of her surroundings. She sat up in bed and looked around. 

"Don't worry Geet, you are in our guest room. I'm sorry for waking you up." 

"No Dadi, I shouldn't have slept this late anyways." She said while glancing at the clock.  

"Geet you needed to rest. Meera told me you didn't eat or sleep all day yesterday. You should know better than anyone else that that's not good for." 

"I know Dadi...I know." Geet was back in reality and she didn't like it. Every night she slept hoping all this would a dream when she woke up but it wasn't needless to say. She had dealt with everything with a brave face up until now. But now she tired of putting up the fronts she couldn't take it any longer. Dadi saw her staring outside the window looking lost again.

"Piyu why don't you go tell Nakul to get lunch ready. Geet and I will be out in a little bit." She nodded and happily skipped out the door. Dadi then moved to the other side of the bed and sat down near Geet.  

"I know things have gotten to a point where there is no turning back. And you feel defeated but we will figure something out...I would say don't worry but I know that's not going to mean anything."  

After a long silence Geet finally spoke. "One would think that after being used to feeling pain for so long it wouldn't hurt as much...but it still does." Dadi held her hand trying to give her what little comfort she could. "I will never forget the disappointment and sorrow I felt during my graduation. Everyone had their loved ones around them while I stood all alone. I was the top of my class but no one in my family was there to acknowledge it. But you know what, I put that aside and thought that finally with my medical degree I can move on and be fully content. It was all wishful thinking. I realized later that nothing can take the place of human affection." By this time tears started to trickle down her cheeks. "I have always been grateful to God for giving me the happiness I got from the satisfaction of my work. But Dadi what am I going to do when even these little bits I have now will also disappear?"

Dadi also started to tear up now. She had always suspected there was something much deeper to be the cause of Geet's pain. It was now evident that she had been right, the scars had gotten deeper and deeper over the years. And now Geet wasn't able to cope with it any longer. She pulled Geet into a hug and tried to soothe her aching heart best she could. "I'm so sorry to hear that Geet. It's not easy I know without a family, but you have us now. We are your family and we'll make sure you get through this. Now please stop crying I can't see you like this anymore."

Geet continued to tightly clutch Dadi and let the silent tears come out. Slowly she pulled Geet away and started to wipe away her tears. "That's enough Geet, I don't want to see a single drop come out now or else."

Geet smiled at Dadi sadly. "Thank you Dadima, you made me realize that even if nothing goes well in this whole thing, I will have at least gained you all as family."

"Geet remember this, you will always have us by your side, no matter what. And secondly I have always considered you as my own so don't ever thank me again. Now go freshen up, I'm sure Nakul has gotten lunch ready." Geet agreed and made her way to the bathroom.

After she left Dadi started to think back to Maan's words and realized that he had been right. Geet was completely shattered and the little faith she had left was slowly slipping away. She prayed that Maan would be able to get in touch with the Walters soon. But something told her that the hope of them retracting the case was simply that, just a hope.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I thoroughly enjoy reading them so keep them coming along with the likes! ðŸ˜Š

Edited by Limerance - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail
reserved...

I'll have to come back again with my 2 cents worth comment.

EDITED...

Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but - I hope - into a better shape.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V35oRyAMmtU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
RES

Aw, he carried her to his house. Bechari Dadi, she has to watch the two people she loves break down. But hopefully they will be able to help each other through their problems, together.

Wait, so Dadi saw them on the beach?

Maan's changing 😊 for Geet. Haha, Dadi is up to her matchmaking again. lol

I love Dadi and Geet's relationship! 

Thanks for the update!
Edited by Krishnaluv94 - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail