MG FF: Quantum of Solace -Thread One- - Page 5

Posted: 12 years ago
Lovely update...Dadi as usual is to play cupid between maaneet...waiting for Maan's reaction...please continue soon...
pihu already getting a long
with geet
love how pour her heart to
dadi so amazing
yippe dadi playing cupid
what smart lady yu go dadi
cant wait to read next part
the story shaping up superb
thanks 4 pm

thanks 4 pm

Loved ur ff.its realy nice.
Both a part r awesome.
Plz add me to pm list: )
nice update...Meera is a true friend...how much she thought about Geet n thus made arrangemnets to bring some life back to her...so Geet met Savitri Devi n Piyu...now that leaves only Maan...I hope their first meet goes well...n I can see where Savitri Devi's thoughts are heading๐Ÿ˜†All the best Daadi...Piyu is such a sweet girl...
wowww daadi and geet ...their jodi is amazing...heheheheheee loved it...update soon...
Minal when is the next
Originally posted by Newdime

Minal when is the next

It's coming, it's coming I promise! ๐Ÿ˜†
Part 3

"Dadi, what is all of this?" He said looking skeptically at the food and extravagant setting that wasn't normal for everyday dinner at the Khurana household.

"Oh it's nothing Beta, I just thought to have some friends over for dinner." She said casually.

"What? Why didn't you tell me earlier you know I don't like company!"

"Will you chill Dad, you will love her she's so sweet and nice." Piyu said munching on a cookie.

"Piyu, I've told you a dozen times no sweets before dinner. And how do you know this new friend?"

Before Piyu could answer the doorbell rang and she ran towards the door to open it. But her height was an obstacle for this activity. Maan stood behind and watched Piyu on her tippy toes placing one hand against the door for balance and the other waving in the air reaching for the lock.

"Piyu, let me help you." Maan picked her up and let her unlock the lock, while he turned the knob allowing the door to open and reveal the beauty behind it.

Maan couldn't help but stare intriguingly at her. After scanning her down, he noticed she wore minimal makeup and a simple white summer dress concluding that she definitely was not from here. His next thought was that her face was not exactly Hamptons material. Well yes, her beauty and facade were classic characteristics of this wealthy seaside. But the face also possessed dark circles under tired somber eyes and was covered with worry lines which no one here would be caught dead in. Then once he looked back into her eyes Maan noticed the front she put up wasn't the usual socialite type. No, this facade was trying to hide something much darker. His mind would have thoughtlessly continued on this track had it not been for Meera interrupting.

"Hey Geet, I finally found it I dropped it near the fountain." Said Meera who had just reached the house now since she was busy looking for her cell phone in the lawn.

He didn't know how long he had been lost in his thoughts but he quickly regained his composure and introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Maan and this is Piyu." He said while extending his right hand out to Geet while the other held Piyu in his arms.

Geet shook his hand and nodded, "I've been quite well acquainted with Piyu, right sweetie. I'm Geet by the way and this is Meera." Piyu struggled in Maan's hold and realizing she wanted to get down, he placed her on the floor.

"You are such a cute little thing!" Meera said while pinching her cheeks.

Piyu giggled while saying, "I know I am!"

She immediately grabbed Geet and Meera's hands and pulled them towards the kitchen.

"What took you both so long? We've been waiting forever!"

Maan simply shook his head at Piyu's behavior and followed them into the kitchen where Dadi was busy setting the table. Now that he met their company Maan had an inkling of what was going to happen tonight. So he decided to escape.

He walked over to Dadi's side when he noticed Piyu was occupied with Meera and Geet and tried to make his move. "Dadi I just got a call from Adi and he wants to get the plans for the new project ready so I'll have to go right now." He hoped this was convincing enough but he should have known that his Dadi was one step ahead of him. She knew this was coming, after all who knew her grandson better than herself.

"Maan, please don't fool me. Your cell phone has been charging over there since you've gotten home and hasn't ringed once." She said glancing over at the small kitchen desk in the corner where the phone lay. "Now stop making excuses and at least for my sake try acting normal."

Before Maan could complain further Piyu started screaming she was hungry. He realized there was no way out and to make the best of the night was the only option.

Geet wanted to be far away from Maan as possible but Meera beat her to the far end seating. Just my luck she thought and took her seat next to Maan. He sat at the head of the table with Piyu on his right and Geet on the left, Meera sat next to her while Dadi next to Piyu.

Geet wasn't scared or intimidated by Maan, she just felt awkward around him. Since the moment she shook his hand and looked into his deep brown eyes she felt uncomfortable. They had an allurement to them, on the surface they seemed cold and icy but the deeper one observed pain was clearly visible along with a tinge of softness. This revelation slightly shocked Geet since in the short time she observed Maan, softness was not at all a word that could be used to describe his demeanor and attitude. But then again her experience as a doctor had taught her that there is always more than meets the eye. And this could very well be the case with Maan she thought again.

Being the type of person that enjoyed challenges in the hospital Geet would often be more fascinated in obscure cases and people like these. This could be interesting she thought while glancing over at Maan but then immediately chided herself. Maan isn't a medical case that needs to be solved! And even if he was nothing indicates he would be a willing patient Geet concluded before mentally thanking Meera for breaking her away from her absurd thoughts. 

"Wow, Dadi the food is absolutely delicious! It's been ages since we've had homemade Indian food!"

"Thank you Beta, so I heard from Geet that you are an interior designer. That must be fun."

"Yes, I love it. I've always been artistic. In college I started out wanting to be a doctor like Geet but I later realized my real passion was designing."

"I wish I had taken up that route, at least I wouldn't be where I am right now." Geet said sourly while picking at her food mindlessly.   

"Oh come on Geet, it's only a matter of time until the case will be settled." Meera said.

"She's right beta, just relax right now. Everything will be over with soon."

"But Dadi, it'll take months for this case to be solved so what will I do until then. And the Walters really won't settle for anything less than my license so after that what will I do?"  

"Geet, you did absolutely nothing wrong so there is no question about anything happening to your medical license. But in the meantime if you are worried about passing time, why don't you work for me?"

Maan, who least wanted to be there all this while, was a silent listener of the conversation. He focused mainly on this food and Piyu who managed to get more food on her clothing than into her mouth. But Dadi's job offer caused him to instantly look up at Dadi's face. She tried to act casual but Maan was good at reading faces and had a feeling she was up to something.

"What do you think Maan? I mean you know how Piyu is without you around on taking her medicine. And even I'm frailing in health, what if something happened when you weren't home? I think it'd be good to have a doctor around the house, don't you?" Dadi said feigning innocence and weakness.

Although Maan knew what she was up to, there wasn't much he could do. If he said no then Meera and Geet would think he's an absolute monster for not caring about his Dadi's well being. But if he said yes then has to put up with Dadi's nonsense. "Ah well...I guess so, whatever you see fit Dadi." Maan couldn't think of a way out of this one. He truly hoped Dadi didn't have an ulterior motive behind this but the chances were slim he knew.

"So it's settled then Geet you will work for us starting tomorrow!" Dadi was smiling wide now.

"But Dadi I don't know about this, I mean..." Geet was trying to wriggle out of this. Yes it was a great offer and she loved the company of Dadi and Piyu but it's going to be so strange around Maan especially after secretly dissecting his behavior all throughout dinner. Not to mention this isn't the conventional doctor's job she is used to.

"Beta do you what to find me collapsed on the floor one day?" Dadi said getting slightly upset and emotional. Maan hoped that Geet wouldn't accept the offer. But now that hope came crashing down after this emotionally blackmailing statement was dropped by Dadi.

"Of course not Dadi, don't say such a thing." Geet couldn't say no after hearing such from Dadi. Although she had just met her it had been years since she felt an emotional motherly connection like that with someone and the thought of losing that too was unbearable. "Okay, I'll gladly work for you Dadi until everything is settled."

"That's wonderful!  Isn't it Piyu? Now we will have Geet with us all the time."

"Yes, I finally have someone to play with!" Piyu started clapping excitedly.

Everyone was happy at the table, well almost everyone. Maan knew this was the consequence of simply entertaining the thought of a relationship this morning to Dadi. He had a feeling she was up to no good and now offering Geet this job just confirmed it. Of course he had no hard feelings towards Geet, he didn't even know her. Maan was just troubled over what Dadi was planning because it was something he wasn't in the least bit ready for. Lost in these thoughts Maan abruptly excused himself from the table and left for the study on the pretext of work.

After Maan's sudden departure Meera and Geet cleaned up since the help had left early that night, while Dadi put a sleepy Piyu to bed. Once everything was completed in the kitchen they said their goodbyes and left with Geet assuring Dadi she would be back the next morning. This reminded Dadi of the next order of busy, dealing with Maan so she made her way to his study.

He stood against the large bay window staring out into the open expanse of water. It was clear night so the moonlight shone brightly giving off beautiful natural light. He enjoyed the small serenity that overcame him while staring off into this oblivion. It was only here he could feel this way, only here where his past didn't haunt him. The open sky above and the ocean below made his problems seem smaller for an instant. Here there were no reminders of the past in front of him constantly bombarding him with disappointment and guilt. Lost in this daze he quietly whispered, this isn't how life is supposed to be.

"Then how is it supposed to Maan?" Dadi said slowly making her way next to him to also watch the moonlight dance over the ocean.

Maan wasn't surprised she followed him. He had a feeling she would come here after his stunt at the dinner table. He didn't bother looking at her and continued staring outside, "I don't know, but not like this." Maan couldn't take it anymore and made it clear that he wasn't interested in what she was planning. He was surprised when she didn't respond immediately, that wasn't normally like her especially on this topic.

"The ocean has many secrets you know. On the surface it looks tranquil but thousands of year's worth of knowledge and treasures lay lost in the depths. The same is true with people you know, we show people the surface we want them to see while our secrets are hidden deep within. It's often done to make ourselves or others happy or at least show the appearance as such. And I've noticed the same thing with Geet. I know that this setback to her career has affected her greatly but there is something in her eyes that tells me there is more behind her pain." Dadi would have continued had it not been for Maan instantly looking up at her after stating the last sentence.

"Don't look so shocked Maan. I know very well how to read people and it's from me that you got your ability. I can't stand what I see in her eyes, that's why I offered her the job, so that maybe I can help her somehow." She paused for a while and continued with a little smile, "And I know you think I'm doing all of this to set you two up and that's not totally out of the realm of possibility."

Maan gave her an exasperated look and walked out of the room. He didn't want to argue with her now. Especially after knowing that his relationship status wasn't her first motive but he couldn't completely forget that it was a motive nonetheless. 

Thank you all for the comments so far I really appreciate them! I'm sorry I haven't been able to individually reply, I've just been busy with coursework and all but as soon as I'm finished I will get back to you all! Below there is a note pertaining to the FF with pictures! I hope you liked this part please comment and/or hit the like button! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by Limerance - 12 years ago

Okay so just for a little more information about the Hamptons for those of you that might not be familiar with it. It's not actually a city but villages and hamlets located on the South Fork of Long Island in New York State. They stretch along the Atlantic Ocean hence why many houses are on the beach. I've picked a similar setting for this FF. I wasn't able to post these earlier because I was busy but here are some pictures. I might give better visuals of the actual houses later but I wanted to post this first because these settings will be important throughout the story.

This first one is of Geet and Meera's living room that was talked about in the second update.

This is the private walkway to beach from the back of Geet and Meera's house. 

And this last one is of Maan's house, where Geet and Dadi sat outside and chatted in the second update. It also serves purpose in this last update for Maan's study. 

Edited by Limerance - 12 years ago
res๐Ÿ˜›

Uuff Finally...I finished reading...someone was not letting me be alone to my peaceful read...๐Ÿ˜‰

WOW...there are loads of heavy duty reasons and emotions I sense, and see.
The sixth sense...how unique yet so common in the trio?  All of them posses that trade in their own very way...Maan...can see through the dark circles...where Geet with her medical POV, yet connected to some emotions...where as Dadi...Dadima is after all a Dadima...

Maan in agreement with Dadi on her first reason, where as the 2nd stand...well its just the beginning.

Picture abhi baki hai mere dost...๐Ÿ˜†

Loved it...

PS:-- The Pix Miss Perfectionist...its perfect...Cheers...๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago