beti-bewi----wah geet (Page 2)

delhigirl IF-Dazzler
delhigirl
delhigirl

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jshaila

Originally posted by delhigirl

[

i agree with you. I am also very old fashioned. For me also my husband comes before anyone. he is my partner, my friend, love, philospher and guide.

so we make a team but some how our religion says that too after marriage women life changes too .but geet thinking was not right .maan did so much for her were was this family when she was alone without anyone but maan upholded her and herlife.if she was perfect wife she would have cleared with maan as well not run away with the situation as she did in delhi .now all the izzat of family seems to me not real.
sorry but it didn't go well with me.

exactly. husband wife get angry with each other. At times even say hurtful words. but for that you do nto leave the house and essentially say that she has left him forever. also allow her family to feel so much ill- will towards her husband.

Frankly whatever MSK did to correct his words, geet has done nothing for her mistake in all this. She only shows attitude to her husbamd but otherwise that attitude goes out of the window.

Also from where i come, if a daughter comes home after a fight, people do not assume things and encourage their daughter to leave her husband. They will actually go and talk to their son-in law to find out what the problem is and try to rectify it. They also try to do this in the most polite and respectful way with their son-in-law.

I personally would tell my family clearly that they should think or talk to my husband like that. especially since i know what kind of a person my husband is and there can be misunderstandings in relations.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

madhavi11iMadz

-Saruu- IF-Sizzlerz
-Saruu-
-Saruu-

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:41am | IP Logged
I disagreeConfused
I wud put my duty as a daughter 1st as i was there daughter b4 his wife.
And in my religion,U put your parents b4 everyone else as they raised u,looked after u.
U dont just leave them after marriage,U support themEmbarrassed
Just my POV,no offence intendedSmileTongue
sara xx

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

maan-ki-sanjanautopia88

ninand IF-Rockerz
ninand
ninand

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Firstly-- Geet did say she cannot hear anyone malign his name.. that is too much for her to bear..

Secondly-- equating this with the incident which made Geet leave is like comparing apples and orangesLOL... irrelevant.

Thirdly-- One cannot be so categorical  as to only think in terms of weighed relationships.. Simply cause I'm married does not automatically make my husband outweigh other people in my family. For me my husband stands right there with them and theres no demarcation to weigh separate ,one from the other.

What you call old-fashioned is maybe conservative, but not typical to the olden times. In my own family, my mother, my grandmother have all thought the same. .. how does one even start measuring like that?

just my pov.. no offence intended.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

utopia88

..natasha.. IF-Sizzlerz
..natasha..
..natasha..

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:48am | IP Logged
I agree tht husband comes first.So when Geet left her house..that time her husband had insulted her..it was to do with her self respect..

But today its her mistake that she told lies to her family.
So being a daughter she should be with her family and clear evrythng.
If she would go with MSK..then it would be selfishness...as it will look like..Since Husband wife is together she dont care about the family who brought her up and loves her so much...

I think its right decision to stay with her family and clear thing Smile

Just my point of view

Anita1118 IF-Dazzler
Anita1118
Anita1118

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tere_liye_10

I disagreeConfused
And in my religion,U put your parents b4 everyone else as they raised u,looked after u
sara xx
I agree...but if those parents are misunderstanding your husband...for anything...then it is your responsibility to clear that...and give your parents/family the chance to gain and show the respect to their son-in-law...here with Geet telling Maan to leave...that would not happen...
Anita1118 IF-Dazzler
Anita1118
Anita1118

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gurtian...

I agree tht husband comes first.So when Geet left her house..that time her husband had insulted her..it was to do with her self respect..

But today its her mistake that she told lies to her family.
So being a daughter she should be with her family and clear evrythng.
If she would go with MSK..then it would be selfishness...as it will look like..Since Husband wife is together she dont care about the family who brought her up and loves her so much...

I think its right decision to stay with her family and clear thing Smile

Just my point of view

I agree completely...THEY should not leave without clearing everything...but I mean Maan and Geet both...Geet should not send Maan away and try to clear...that needs to be done with him there...
delhigirl IF-Dazzler
delhigirl
delhigirl

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tere_liye_10

I disagreeConfused
And in my religion,U put your parents b4 everyone else as they raised u,looked after u.
sara xx

I disagree. My parents have taught me to value my husband more than anyone else. I have seen my mother and my mother-in-law do that. And when I have a husband who deserves that kind of respect, then I have no problem following what my mother taught me.

also your real life journey begins when you are married and having kids with your husband just seals that relationship. it is most divine.

My husband and my kids are my basic unit of family and my parents come in the inner circle with rest of family int he outer circle. It is interesting how both me and my hsuband think the same way
jshaila IF-Dazzler

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:52am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top