Posted: 21 February 2005 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Moderator:

PS I hope you post my message Cool Cool

Edited by chanakya - 21 February 2005 at 3:53pm

chanakya Newbie
chanakya
chanakya

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
As expected, a very defensive reaction. The slightest criticism evoked a landslide of knee jerk response.

As soon as ALEEZA expressed her sentiment that went counter to this group mentality people jumped on her/him. All that she was expressing was this show, even for a soap, stretches credibility.

Never have I ever used foul language. I just do not use that type of language. Others have also mentioned that their messages were not posted. They also do not use foul language. Some have speculated that this message boards is simply a way to promote a serial by individuals who have vested interest. I certainly hope not... I hoped that this is one more way the Indian community maintains their culture, which is to be applauded.

Having said that, the quality has to be superb. This show had lot of social commentaries applicable to Indian culture, which is of great value. I.e women as a doctor in her own right, married to someone younger, prison abuse, corrupt politicians etc... Now, it the same stew over and over. This like that other serial MANSHA, that this women kept loosing her memory - three times and getting married three times. Have Mercy!

The fact that other products are bad is simply no reason for not letting the producers know that they are beginning slip. This soap has been slipping for a while.

There are different ways of expressing this. Some mock the situation, others get into a academic discussions, others just sinply tune it off...

People have been specific in their post. Some just laugh, some make a comment. BTW, I find the commentaries more creative than the show.

JUST THINK! There is plenty of specificity. I guess one sees what they want see.

rat718 Senior Member
rat718
rat718

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
Well I see your point here. However, after watching several of these fatuous serials I  have decided it does not help to be querulous, but just be insouciant. The inscrutable characters which these effrontery directors try to project are usally sophomoricSmile. Trying to comment on the scenerio, and the tawdry characters which involves thinking leads to nothing but rancor, and frustration.  
sree IF-Rockerz
sree
sree

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 10:39pm | IP Logged

Hi chanakya, it was great to read your post. I do agree that you have all the right to tell people that the showing in this serial is bad. We moderators of this forum, have never ever stopped a person to post here without any valid reasons. Yes, some of them might have been banned by the IF Admin, but there are reasons for it.

Chanakya, i have never deleted any of your post. Anyway, thanks for sending me a post script.

See, you have to understand that a thin line exists between a constructive post and an offensive post. We never stop people from criticising a serial or a character. But the way Aleeza had framed his/her post was a bit out of context. One cannot compare the happenings in the serial to real life. Aleeza took it upon him/her that this kind of a notorious act is being shown in his/her hometown i.e. UK. This was not needed. We just wanted to tell the person that UK is by itself a great place and not to take the happening in the serial too much to her head. The person had written a post saying this does not happen in UK. I ask the person why is she being over possessive about her place.

An example i can give you, is, there are lots of films in which they show some happenings in a certain place for which we might feel sad. Does this mean we don't see the movie at all bcos such a happening is shown in one's hometown. No, that is not an answer to it.

So, I dont think this was wrong on part of us, as we want healthy discussions to take place in this forum. I want to tell you again that all sorts of debates, criticisms are really encouraged in this forum. Please come out with your posts. But i request you to stop this  thread here.

innocentindian Goldie
innocentindian
innocentindian

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 9:57am | IP Logged

rat718

STOP SWEARING!  and same to u!

rat718 Senior Member
rat718
rat718

Posted: 22 February 2005 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
Hello just for your info what I have written is not swearing.Plese refer to a dictionary if you do not understand the words.  Thanks.
bubbles Senior Member
bubbles
bubbles

Posted: 23 February 2005 at 3:26am | IP Logged

rat718, you are sooo funny! to avoid these comments why don't you use simple english, this is a forum and not an english exam,lolLOL

i think we all know that you know your dictionary very well. please don't bombard me with long words, i was just lightly expressing my views!

innocentindian Goldie
innocentindian
innocentindian

Posted: 23 February 2005 at 5:02am | IP Logged

very well put bubbles - however pls have a look at my retort in the thread rat created wrt to my comment to him above. no doubt u will appreciate I am at least trying to be witty.....

Go to top