India-Forums

Astitva Ek Prem Kahani
Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

ALLEZA IS RIGHT

chanakya Newbie
chanakya
chanakya

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
I have been saying for months now, that this serial is stupid. No one wants to hear this. Even the moderator prevents critical posting of this show on the board.

The sentiment is if you do not get caught up in this small children story, do not say anything. I feel this is the way to tell the producer to improve their product.

There are many people who feels, that this is just a circus.

It would be appropriate now that Simran & Co consult Ajemeribapa, Piere Sahib, Chamundabapa and the likes. One benefit would be to increase social awareness against black magic.

After black magic they should bring Aastha as as a grown up terrorist.

Everything goes up here. Reminds me of telling my nephew stories when they were 3-4 years old.

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
      Chanakya,it's my request that please get your facts straight.We have never ever stopped anyone from posting anything that is against the serial,EVER!!.What we have done is to put a curb on the use of foul language to put one's point across.

Everyone has their own point of view and what we definitely do not like is to project and promote regressive thinking and improper language.

It's your point of view that Astitva is bad.Fine.But just as I don't expect you to start saying that it good because I say so,similarly you cannot expect anyone to start saying it is bad because you say so.

If you feel the serial is bad, then you are welcome to do so.I and many like me  don't and that is entirely our point of view.Besides this is not the only serial on air.There are hundred others and in my view they are so awful and cheap that it won't even be within dignity to mention them in the same breath as Astitva.But again that is my point of view.

What we find weird and what not depends entirely on individual perspective and hence what each one thinks about something is entirely their choice.

As for asking to improve their product,a better way would be to specify exactly what it is which needs to be improved upon and inviting a general discussion on the subject.Or else it is straight toss between you and the makers and if you don't have many takers,you are definitely wrong somewhere.Maybe not wrong in thinking the product is bad but rather in making a case out of it.

nulz Senior Member
nulz
nulz

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 12:19am | IP Logged
i totally agree wit minnieThumbs Up
pmahesh Goldie
pmahesh
pmahesh

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 1:56am | IP Logged
well said minnie!!!
arnav Senior Member
arnav
arnav

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 9:30am | IP Logged
a point well said...
sks20 Groupbie
sks20
sks20

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Good response minnie
innocentindian Goldie
innocentindian
innocentindian

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 1:09pm | IP Logged

well said minnie ..... no retort from chanakya?

chanakya Newbie
chanakya
chanakya

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
As expected, a very defensive reaction. The slightest criticism evoked a landslide of knee jerk response.

As soon as ALEEZA expressed her sentiment that went counter to this group mentality people jumped on her/him. All that she was expressing was this show, even for a soap, stretches credibility.

Never have I ever used foul language; not my style. Others have also mentioned that their messages were not posted. They also do not use foul language. Some have speculated that this message boards is simply a way to promote a serial by individuals who have vested interest. I certainly hope not... I hoped that this is one more way the Indian community maintains their culture, which is to be applauded.

Having said that, the quality has to be superb. This show had lot of social commentaries applicable to Indian culture, which is of great value. I.e women as a doctor in her own right, married to someone younger, prison abuse, corrupt politicians etc... Now, it the same stew over and over. This like that other serial MANSHA, in which this women kept loosing her memory - three times and getting married three times. Have Mercy!

The fact that other products are bad is simply no reason for not letting the producers know that they are beginning slip. This soap has been slipping for a while.

There are different ways of expressing this. Some mock the situation, others get into a academic discussions, others just sinply tune it off...

People have been specific in their post. Some just laugh, some make a comment. BTW, I find the commentaries more creative than the show.

JUST THINK! There is plenty of specificity. I guess one sees what they want see.

Smile Smile Smile

Edited by chanakya - 21 February 2005 at 3:58pm

Go to top