Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shopaholic83 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: trinaroy

We are both MIK fans, but I beg to disagree with you on that. Rudra's character did not suit MIK's age, look and personality.  I agree with Laila on that.  Initially it was okay, as we were all accepting that Rudra was a spoilt and immature guy.  But we all hoped that he will go through some transformation from an immature lover boy to a strong and responsible person.  But it did not go that way.  he was not even able to find a decent job. How he established his business was not shown.  His character was not given any respect or dignity.  he was shown to be immature, picking up fights, going to jail, slow in understanding reality, and being stupid for his love 'pihu'.  People cannot tolerate this kind of character for too long.  If you compare with 'Maanav' of PR, 'Anukalp' of RMJ, and 'Dev' of CB, Rudra's character is the most immature and unappealing.  All those 'male' characters are much stronger and matured, and that is why people love them.  And I belieeve all these actors are younger than MIK.  So although Rudra's character started as an interesting one, that of a passionate young man but it lost its charm and appeal and became very unconvincing, to the extent irritating.  Even MIK's acting did not have passion - how could he with such a stupid script and poor storyline?

As MIK's wellwisher I really hope he moves out of TV, and looks for roles in the movie industry.  He can easily portray serious or fun roles that are done by Akshay Kumar, Irfan Khan. Arjun Rampal, and Monoj Bajpai.

do u know how tough it is to be launched in bollywood,im sure all actors eventually wanna be seen in bollywood. And im sure MIK wants the same,but a producer should hav ethe guts to launch him as a solo hero in bollywood. All depends on established stars who are anyway getting old now! so its not about he lookin out for roles,its about he getting offered movies. He is sooo bollywood material but unfortunately!!! and i hope he doesnt do cameos or stupid roles just to be seen in a film.
Shineon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Laila2009

Personally I'd like to see him reprise the role of Shiv and this time I hope Ekta does not ruin the storyline by throwing in that ridiculous Kundali line and replace him with Yash Tonk. The first 50 or so episodes were great of KAA. I can watch those Shiv Gauri scenes over and over again.  Shiv was an age appropriate character for MIK and he played him really well. Since then his only other performance CHA was OK, but I can see that this show did not do well.

I personally didn't find that Neha Bamb interesting nor did I find the show all that captivating. I simply couldn't get into it as I did KAA. I also liked the lead in KAA as she looked like a woman and not a little teenage girl as do most leading actresses plus she looked good with him and so stereotyped as your typically leadings actresses who have big eyes, big lips and big noses and need the hair threaded between their eyebrows (apparently the lady who runs the threading place in my town said I was right in what I noted and that Indian people are reluctant to take out a lot of hair between their eyebrows even it makes them look good because they see it as a sign of badluck - whatever).

Anyhow, I hope he does better in his next choice of role but there is so much rubbish written on televison that it is virtually impossible to fathom. So I doubt he will get a good role. As for his character of Rudra, one of the worst roles I have seen written. It's not age appropriate for hime either and if the character was that of a woman, she would be a dumb blonde.  

I so agree with you on KAA, it was almost like that role was written for MIK and he just breathed so much aura and charisma into that character. To me Shiv is his best character todate. MIK looked really good as Angad but as you said I couldnt get into that show much as I got into KAA. I have nothing against KYPH or Neha, I just like KAA, Shiv and Shiv's Gauri(Pallavi) better. The choice of  the actors was just so appropriate in KAA, the characters of Shiv and Gauri was made for  MIK and Pallavi. But didnt like the EMA angle there and ofcourse I couldnt continue watching KAA after MIK left - just couldnt bear to.

Coming to Rudra I wont say that it was a bad choice from MIK's part, he probably did not foresee how the writers would butcher this character of Rudra. I loved how Rudra started on and what I expected to see was Gauri's influence in his life changing him into a strong, confident person kind of like Shiv. How wrong was I. The writers idea was of Rudr changing into a totally different personality one who did not have an identity of himself but being his wive's shadow - sooo not an MIK kind of role. I think he need really macho roles a bit mature macho roles. I really dont care who he appears against as long as the girl can act and will look good with him, what matters more is that the characters are written good. 

Laila2009 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rach1

I so agree with you on KAA, it was almost like that role was written for MIK and he just breathed so much aura and charisma into that character. To me Shiv is his best character todate. MIK looked really good as Angad but as you said I couldnt get into that show much as I got into KAA. I have nothing against KYPH or Neha, I just like KAA, Shiv and Shiv's Gauri(Pallavi) better. The choice of  the actors was just so appropriate in KAA, the characters of Shiv and Gauri was made for  MIK and Pallavi. But didnt like the EMA angle there and ofcourse I couldnt continue watching KAA after MIK left - just couldnt bear to.

Coming to Rudra I wont say that it was a bad choice from MIK's part, he probably did not foresee how the writers would butcher this character of Rudra. I loved how Rudra started on and what I expected to see was Gauri's influence in his life changing him into a strong, confident person kind of like Shiv. How wrong was I. The writers idea was of Rudr changing into a totally different personality one who did not have an identity of himself but being his wive's shadow - sooo not an MIK kind of role. I think he need really macho roles a bit mature macho roles. I really dont care who he appears against as long as the girl can act and will look good with him, what matters more is that the characters are written good. 

Were you referring to the Shiv as in "Shiv the God" and partner of Parvati (got the right name here I hope) here or were you referring to "Shiv from KAA." I didn't see Gauri as making Shiv confidnet and strong in KAA but humble, less arrogant and caring - at least towards her. I loved this drama until a) they put the kundali storyline in the show and b) the replaced him. Believe me, the show was not the same with the new twist in the story and also his replacement. I didn't care for the character Rudra and after a few weeks he began to look annoying and childish.  It would have been fine if he was played by some 21/.22 year old but a 30 year old man? No. He just didn't look it.

I don't know if MIK will ever find a good role again as he over 30 and CVs, Zee and the Indian public relagate anyone over 24 who is a female into a mother role and every adult who is 30 into a father role. All their dramas are focused on two people falling in love and a mean mother-in-law. After a while it just drags - even this show fell into this safe spot on several occassions.

Plus the character of Gauri, whom I initially liked in the beginning, was completely ruined in the end. No magic left in that character. I wish the best for the members of this cast and hope to see them again.
Annu.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shopaholic83

do u know how tough it is to be launched in bollywood,im sure all actors eventually wanna be seen in bollywood. And im sure MIK wants the same,but a producer should hav ethe guts to launch him as a solo hero in bollywood. All depends on established stars who are anyway getting old now! so its not about he lookin out for roles,its about he getting offered movies. He is sooo bollywood material but unfortunately!!! and i hope he doesnt do cameos or stupid roles just to be seen in a film.

but the things is.. Iqbal is in the tv industry for 6 yrs but he didn't get noticed on BW till date.. so in this scenario expecting a solo lead from nowhere just seems a bit too much..  being a newcomer iqbal cannot play romantic roles.. he looks so mature these days and a mature love story is made only with established popular heroes.. so just action movies are left for him which are usually made with 2,3 heroes.. 

pink gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: annu127

but the things is.. Iqbal is in the tv industry for 6 yrs but he didn't get noticed on BW till date.. so in this scenario expecting a solo lead from nowhere just seems a bit too much..  being a newcomer iqbal cannot play romantic roles.. he looks so mature these days and a mature love story is made only with established popular heroes.. so just action movies are left for him which are usually made with 2,3 heroes.. 

I second the thought of Iqbal getting offered leads rather than he himself looking for them or take up cameos.He deserves the throne in bollywood which is fought for every new day...he is a natural actor,a born talent which has been honed with immense hard work...unlike most of the bollywood lot or even in the telly industry ,he has not trained to become the powerhouse performer that he is.This calls for respect and dignity and as a fan I want him to get offered a lead rather than he seeking an opportunity.
Let the industry sleep,one day they all will wake up to notice his art and that day isn't too far Inshallah
I am confident because I know that he deserves it more than anyone else !!!!
Amrita0901 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Iqbal is already a superstar in tellywood he's only been in the industry for 6 years and he is already a star. As a fan I am so proud of him and what he has done so far with his career. He will make it big one day in Bollywood to I believe in him and his talent.
JuhiR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jakr

But I would say Rudra was very interesting and different character. In fact very fresh thanthe orinary too good heroes shown in the other serials. It showed the negative side also Not always positive. I defenitly loved Rudra and Iqbal was perfect in  portraying Rudra . The problem was the narrative and the missing links, Defenitly not Rudra . And MIK looked just perfect in that role the saving grace of Sangini all these months And Mik does not look aged at all He looks dashing than the other leads. that is my opinion. Whatever they are playing any one can protray But Rudra only Iqbal can do that Aklso the characters you mentioned I dont see any other serials  all have to say is to play second fiddle to ther female leads doing only good things always successful. I am just bored seeing this repetitions . But the majority wants that. So we had to loose Sangini a show with much promise. However all the best to MIK  I just love him and wish him all the best.

I love Dev's character very much in CB.  Strong, mature, loyal...very very touching...He sacrificed his love for the sake of his family's happiness.  Avinash doing a superb job.

Maanav's character is that of a main lead, he does not play second fiddle to Archana.  In fact, he makes all decisions, Archana supports him.  

But in Sangingi, Rudra plays second fiddle to Gauri, and Pihu, in the beginning even to his Mom.

I don't mean to offend you,  but I had to correct your facts, as you do not see the other shows and I do.

Trina
JuhiR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shopaholic83

Yes, I do!  It is definitely difficult to get a break in Bollywood, but nothing is impossible you know😊
khushrox thumbnail
Originally posted by: pink gurl

I second the thought of Iqbal getting offered leads rather than he himself looking for them or take up cameos.He deserves the throne in bollywood which is fought for every new day...he is a natural actor,a born talent which has been honed with immense hard work...unlike most of the bollywood lot or even in the telly industry ,he has not trained to become the powerhouse performer that he is.This calls for respect and dignity and as a fan I want him to get offered a lead rather than he seeking an opportunity.
Let the industry sleep,one day they all will wake up to notice his art and that day isn't too far Inshallah
I am confident because I know that he deserves it more than anyone else !!!!

oh please...burst the bubble atleast now...Balaji had a huge hand in Iqbals success...after he left Balaji none of his shows have worked...hardwork itself is not enough...its sad but true...no actor needs to be trained to become a powerhouse and the audience verdict is a proof of tat...

its difficult getting solo lead roles in bollywood,agree, but wen u get a supporting character and it is pivotal,wats the harm in taking it up? Even SRK ,Salman started with small roles and then extended their journey...yes, i know Rajeev Khandelwal started with a solo lead film,but tat film was a critics hit, n tats not wat anyone would consider healthy for the Indian BO...

its better to make a start somewhere than nowhere...

Someone mentioned abt his role in KAA, but then it was his decision to leave the show when the show needed him the most, so why make a hue and cry now? i guess 2006 is long over...so instead of crying over spilt milk,its better to look forward to his new show which i as his fan works...

sorry,thats what i feel,don't want to offend anyone.
Laila2009 thumbnail
Originally posted by: khushrox

oh please...burst the bubble atleast now...Balaji had a huge hand in Iqbals success...after he left Balaji none of his shows have worked...hardwork itself is not enough...its sad but true...no actor needs to be trained to become a powerhouse and the audience verdict is a proof of tat...

its difficult getting solo lead roles in bollywood,agree, but wen u get a supporting character and it is pivotal,wats the harm in taking it up? Even SRK ,Salman started with small roles and then extended their journey...yes, i know Rajeev Khandelwal started with a solo lead film,but tat film was a critics hit, n tats not wat anyone would consider healthy for the Indian BO...

its better to make a start somewhere than nowhere...

Someone mentioned abt his role in KAA, but then it was his decision to leave the show when the show needed him the most, so why make a hue and cry now? i guess 2006 is long over...so instead of crying over spilt milk,its better to look forward to his new show which i as his fan works...

sorry,thats what i feel,don't want to offend anyone.

I agree with you in that Balaji's played a very powerful role in creating his success as can be seen in the terrible "success" he has had since then. However, he doesn't dismiss the role they've played in making him who he is today. MIK made the worst mistake of his career when he walked out of KAA and broke his relationship with the Balaji's.  Since then he has not even been allowed to work of any drama on StarPlus.

What I don't like about your post is the "get over it attitude" towards those who feel cheated from having seen the character of Shiv played by MIK to the very end. It's a loss that a number of us still feel and this deprivation will always be there among a number of his fans. I think, if MIK or his agent are wise, they will make a conscientious effort to find a similar role for him and a similar looking actress to fulfill that character.  Sorry BS fans but she is not the one who will suit him in the future either. No-more of this duo.

MIK could not afford to walk out of this show. The good thing is he actually enjoyed playing this character up to a point, so that played to his advantage in staying.  Personally, he is a decent actor but NOT a great actor and does NOT compare to actors like Aamir Khan but he can pass as well as these Shah Rukh's (sorry, I love SRK, but he's not that great an actor), Salman Khan etc who are really OK.  MIK needs a break but his behavior with the Balaji's has ruined his reputation and NO-ONe will take a gamble like that with him again. Producers don't welcome this behavior and this act of walking out on a drama preceeded him.