Bade Acche Laggte Hai

TOI: Experiments dun work on TV (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

Eventide

Eventide

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Good interview. Indeed, experiments rarely work on TV these days. With such a large number of channels, production houses should in-fact try and come up with new ideas than just regurgitate the same stuff over and over again. Hell, even DD shows had better quality.

Success of a show here is rated not by the recall value, but by the number of years it has been on air. Profits are key. And no PH would like to incur losses. It would not harm coming up with different concepts. YRF does try, but the treatment meted out by Sony, it would just be a matter of time till it loses interest.

The Star One channel, when it was launched in mid 2000s had a fairly decent line up of shows that catered to people not interested in the saas bahu dramas. Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai, Siddhant, Hotel Kingston, or even Remix. It has now been converted to a channel catering to audience at the other end of the spectrum, hormone crazed teenagers.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Experiments dun work on TV (Page 3)" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

I dont know yaar...havent seen her in a whileCry

oh yes yaar...I am SO glad that SGP is back (sort of) with its original comedy mixed in with realistic drama, I LOVE the amnesia track which is a surprise because I expected to hate it. Totally agree yaar Tulsi, Prerna and Pravtai no matter how much they cried, they were STRONG women who stood up when their familes were in toruble esp when the leaps happened. I just seriously fail to understand how Saathiya is the number 1 show when shows like SGP are a million gazillion times better even in its worse timesOuch (I can take Sona over and over again over the stuff Saathiya has ever put forth)

I am just glad no one in my family watches Saathiya, I was so happy that once when I talked to my grandmother I asked her randomly if she watehces it and she literally says it was an insult to us Gujjus and I was like "I love you granny"LOL which I found surprising because she watches every serial known to manLOL

I saw her post in this forum..I've seen her around but not as much as before :(

Whenever I turn on SGP, I mostly end up seeing Ronak-Panna-psycho lady LOL I've seen a few scenes of the amnesia track though..it's not as awful as I expected it to be. Shocked It had its OTT moments but its okay..Sona is a kalank on SGP's name. No joke.

LOL your granny is so cute LOL Saathiya..yeah..Gopi has absolutely no backbone or brain for that matter.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:25pm | IP Logged
I so wished JJKN had been aired now .. It was amazing pre makeover and to a large extent post make over only 2 or 3 months  towards teh end it was getting dragged.. It ran for 3 years,... Donno if anyone here have watched it did watch it !!

Armaan and Raj were awesome .. Jassi and Nandu also..

This was one break through show for SONY ...Even Kuch Iss Tarah was amazing ..

Many shows were rocking but they axe it due to low promotion ...and so I hope this show does well and Ram and Saakshi pairing is gelled well with the audience !

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Originally posted by Tani91

I dont know yaar...havent seen her in a whileCry

oh yes yaar...I am SO glad that SGP is back (sort of) with its original comedy mixed in with realistic drama, I LOVE the amnesia track which is a surprise because I expected to hate it. Totally agree yaar Tulsi, Prerna and Pravtai no matter how much they cried, they were STRONG women who stood up when their familes were in toruble esp when the leaps happened. I just seriously fail to understand how Saathiya is the number 1 show when shows like SGP are a million gazillion times better even in its worse timesOuch (I can take Sona over and over again over the stuff Saathiya has ever put forth)

I am just glad no one in my family watches Saathiya, I was so happy that once when I talked to my grandmother I asked her randomly if she watehces it and she literally says it was an insult to us Gujjus and I was like "I love you granny"LOL which I found surprising because she watches every serial known to manLOL

I saw her post in this forum..I've seen her around but not as much as before :(

Whenever I turn on SGP, I mostly end up seeing Ronak-Panna-psycho lady LOL I've seen a few scenes of the amnesia track though..it's not as awful as I expected it to be. Shocked It had its OTT moments but its okay..Sona is a kalank on SGP's name. No joke.

LOL your granny is so cute LOL Saathiya..yeah..Gopi has absolutely no backbone or brain for that matter.

it actually isnt...yeah Ishan ia a bit OTT, but the whole thing is too cute, Suhana (as always) is so cute and hatke with handling the things and now Bade Papa will make an entry...so yeah I'm glad to be watching SGP again

lol I am so proud of her that she doesnt watch itWink

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Bade Papa is coming back now? Shocked Now this is one track I have been looking forward too for a while!

LOl Suhana teases him, yells at him, gets upset..pretty different from the other shows with this track where the other half simply gets depressed/cries until their memory comes back..

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
^have you seen the new promo...it is TOO cute... yeah BP is coming back apparently (I'm still on the US episodes)

this is why I love Suhana so muchEmbarrassed

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
No I haven't..*goes to SGP forum*  LOL I've always watched SGP on US episodes only..I hardly ever watched on YT because I wanted to watch it on a big screen LOL

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
^same here...there is no compromise when it comes to SGP...and on top of that pyaara S**t plus has stopped star playerOuchOuchAngry

anyways here's the promo...I LOVE Ragi pie in itEmbarrassedLOL

we should probably stop chatting about SGP nowLOL

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.