Bade Acche Laggte Hai

TOI: Experiments dun work on TV (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .sb.

Does Sony EVER pause to think why it's fiction band is so weak?? Does it REALIZE how it NEVER supports it's fiction band??

No they dont pause..they just rewind,fastforward and play CID all the timeLOL

LMAO so trueROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Yes it's ironic...Sony is indeed the only channel among the top 4 who happens to come up with genuinely innovative themes from time to time...concepts wise...but they all go down the drain in the blink of an eye...Sony does not know how to promote any show but CIDSleepySleepySleepy

Dekhte hain how BALH manages to survive the usual Sony treatmentConfusedLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBee

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Experiments dun work on TV (Page 2)" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the article..

The breed of actors between 2003 to 2007 or 2008 on televsion have been wonderful

I liked his take and his  way of  showing that many people do character roles and he is one of them
lead actors ka tho aaj kal daud hai lekin i prefer character roles which like Jai walia may imopress me in Ram in BALH

I hope SONY and BT stick to teh show for a good chunk of time and we get to know allpossible angles of a man  in his late 40's  getting married  to a lady in her early or mid 30's how their friendhip and love develops after marriage what are teh pros and corns and how they age with time

Good luck Ram thansk for teh article !

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
Great article! He's very right!

Experimentation is working better in movies because of the multiplex audience. People are, nowadays, more interested in watching a good movie with a good script than a half-baked movie where more importance is given to style and the "look" than the story. That's why movies like Udaan, Stanley Ka Dabba, A Wednesday do well in the midst of crap like TMK, BKB, etc.

TV on the other hand is a different story. We are still stuck in the saas-bahu drama with pathetic female leads whose sole job is to cry and get treated like a doormat (case in point Saathiya--current #1 show on TV).

Sony experiments the most out of all channels and actually has shows that are different but it has absolutely no clue how to promote anything but CID. Not to mention, it pulls the plug on the shows within months of its launch..before people can actually connect with the show blaming everything on low TRP's. A channel has to meet the PH/show at least halfway for experiments to work.

Tani91

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
^oh triplet ji I could write a saga on SaathiyaROFL I still fail to understand that after all of the "social" issues and comedy-dramas we're back to square one with saas bahu crap WORSE than what Ekta has ever spewed out

anyways Ekta seems to know that her original saas bahu crap isnt working anymore hence we have shows like BALH and PKYEK...I'm excited for BALH because of two powerhouse performers Ram and Sakshi

chocolover89

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
^Chandni, triplet ji! Hug Where is our third partner in crime? LOL I swear I saw her post here LOL

As for Saathiya, gosh, tell me about it! If we took 1 step forward with SGP, we took at least 20 back with Saathiya...which is so regressive it's not even funny. Tulsi, Prerna, Parvati, etc may have cried buckets of tears and loved being slap machines but at least they could once in a while open their mouths and speak.

I do think Ekta has realized that what worked in her old shows doesn't work so much anymore..so hopefully she won't go down that road again...or at least give it 3-4 months before she does LOL

-RegalVintage-

IF-Sizzlerz

-RegalVintage-

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 12:11am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing...
well-he is indeed right...out of the box concepts are working for Films..but TV-sadly is still stuck in a  sad state of affairs...with SP heading the bandwagon with their bahus crying bucketfuls...INTOLERABLE...LOL.as Sharad malhotra had 1e said -Yawning.they r...ROFL
                        btw-they missed out "Kal"amongst his movies... with Chitrangada n Shiney...He was wonderful there as well...a bit raw i felt,but nevertheless...n that drunk perfomance therin.it was mentioned in "Jeena isi ka naam hai" epi of his as well...Smile

-Preeti-

IF-Veteran Member

-Preeti-

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:38am | IP Logged
TRP rules Guys. Who is worried about the Story or the LOGIC factor in the show. PH's these days just run behind the TRP's. If a particular track gives them a TRP rise of even point 1% they wont mind dragging that track for years.

I agree Sony is one channel which has come up with New Concepts. Sply with YRF shows. But they failed to do well bcoz of bad promotion strategies. How much does Sony promote thier Show? Every time i switch to Sony i see CID being aired. That show is doing well and has TRP's bcoz its running since a decade now. People know in and out abt it. But how much do ppl know abt the New Shows coming in? To make ppl aware Promotion is needed and Sony fails to promote the show.

There was a time when Shows with a TRP of 2 also ran on for years and now Channel pulls of all the Shows which dont give them TRP points of atleast 3-4 and above. Its just Money ppl run behind now. Who cares if that what they show is good or not.

I dont know how much of this Show is gonna work for the channel. Again its not being promoted well and also its gonne be at 10.30pm. Would face tough competition from Channels like Colors n SP. I anyways wish them luck and hopefully this one should work with audience and for the channel too.*fingers crossed*

Eventide

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

^Chandni, triplet ji! Hug Where is our third partner in crime? LOL I swear I saw her post here LOL

As for Saathiya, gosh, tell me about it! If we took 1 step forward with SGP, we took at least 20 back with Saathiya...which is so regressive it's not even funny. Tulsi, Prerna, Parvati, etc may have cried buckets of tears and loved being slap machines but at least they could once in a while open their mouths and speak.

I do think Ekta has realized that what worked in her old shows doesn't work so much anymore..so hopefully she won't go down that road again...or at least give it 3-4 months before she does LOL

I dont know yaar...havent seen her in a whileCry

oh yes yaar...I am SO glad that SGP is back (sort of) with its original comedy mixed in with realistic drama, I LOVE the amnesia track which is a surprise because I expected to hate it. Totally agree yaar Tulsi, Prerna and Pravtai no matter how much they cried, they were STRONG women who stood up when their familes were in toruble esp when the leaps happened. I just seriously fail to understand how Saathiya is the number 1 show when shows like SGP are a million gazillion times better even in its worse timesOuch (I can take Sona over and over again over the stuff Saathiya has ever put forth)

I am just glad no one in my family watches Saathiya, I was so happy that once when I talked to my grandmother I asked her randomly if she watehces it and she literally says it was an insult to us Gujjus and I was like "I love you granny"LOL which I found surprising because she watches every serial known to manLOL

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.