Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Best Female Debut (Page 6)

Poll Question: Which actress had the most impressive debut?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
34 [38.64%]
18 [20.45%]
4 [4.55%]
4 [4.55%]
18 [20.45%]
1 [1.14%]
4 [4.55%]
2 [2.27%]
3 [3.41%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by masakaliii

I voted Vidya, but yeah vidya and asin were acting long before their BW debuts. Not to mention Asins already star-status in the south.

Also OSO was NOT deepika's first movie. how come everyone keeps forgetting that? she was in a tamil film and also a kannada film before OSO.

Really? I didn't forget...I didn't know Deepika's first movie was OSO. Big smile But thanks for informing us! Smile

TintinleMechant IF-Dazzler
TintinleMechant
TintinleMechant

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
^ yeah what i meant is, "how come nobody knows that?' lol. She was in a tamil film called 'snegithiye' in year '2000', yes SEVEN years before OSO. But it was a minor role mind you. And her second movie was 'Aishwarya' , a 2006 kannada film.  Neither established her name, but a lot of people tend to believe that farah khan like found her out of nowhere, when in reality she was already trying her hand in films.

Gracey Singh as well, she was in 2 movies prior to Lagaan, i believe one of them was Hu Tu Tu. Very small roles in both though.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

-Mmmmm- IF-Sizzlerz
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Actually except for Kareena and Kangana from that list all of them have faced the camera professionally before their debut as a lead heroine...
It could be either as a model or a TV hostess or a bit role in a movie or a commercial/ad or a regional movie or a TV serial...
Kangana did a bit of theatre before her debut...

TintinleMechant

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by masakaliii

^ yeah what i meant is, "how come nobody knows that?' lol. She was in a tamil film called 'snegithiye' in year '2000', yes SEVEN years before OSO. But it was a minor role mind you. And her second movie was 'Aishwarya' , a 2006 kannada film.  Neither established her name, but a lot of people tend to believe that farah khan like found her out of nowhere, when in reality she was already trying her hand in films.

Gracey Singh as well, she was in 2 movies prior to Lagaan, i believe one of them was Hu Tu Tu. Very small roles in both though.

I think it's because no one ever talks about it! Vidya on the other hand, we discussed it so much on this forum about her tv career. Like in that topic when we were discussing her age, people brought up her tv career ect. With Deepika I don't think most of us were informed maybe that's why.

I didn't think Deepika was found out of nowhere. I knew she was a model and her dad was a famous tennis player. And I believe she also plays tennis, but don't know how famous she was for her tennis skills lol. But I knew she was a model and I thought that's how she got a chance in OSO.

Edited by beboholic - 26 May 2011 at 4:34pm
.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Maddy-

Actually except for Kareena and Kangana from that list all of them have faced the camera professionally before their debut as a lead heroine...
It could be either as a model or a TV hostess or a bit role in a movie or a commercial/ad or a regional movie or a TV serial...

What did Anuska do? Just curious. Am guessing ads since she was a model.

kangana was in theatre. That's very interesting. I don't think I have ever heard of bollywood actresses who had experience in theatre. Nice to have that interesting and different background.

Edited by beboholic - 26 May 2011 at 4:37pm

-Mmmmm-

kash4life IF-Rockerz
kash4life
kash4life

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:51pm | IP Logged

Vidya for sure!

I personally thought Kareena was really awkward in Refugee, I've never been a fan of Kareena until Chameli, thought she was terrible in all films until that.

Deepika was okay, but sure the looked the best out of all them.
-Mmmmm- IF-Sizzlerz
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by beboholic

Originally posted by -Maddy-

What did Anuska do? Just curious. Am guessing ads since she was a model.

kangana was in theatre. That's very interesting. I don't think I have ever heard of bollywood actresses who had experience in theatre. Nice to have that interesting and different background.

Lensa... Yeah... Anushka did a few ads and she was one the known faces on the modelling circuit too...

.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Thanks Maddy. OH I didn't know Anuska was a famous model. Never heard of her or seen her ads. Maybe that also has to do with that I don't live in India. The first time I saw her was in the film with SRK. After her debut and heard that she was a model, I always had the perception that she was a struggling model. Even after OSO, I heard deepika was a model. I never knew about her until OSO. But I did see a lot of deepika's modeling pics but none for Anuska. Maybe Deepika was a more popular model! 

Edited by beboholic - 26 May 2011 at 5:12pm

-Mmmmm-

Go to top