Rang Badalti Odhani

Article: Meet the hot saas-bahu from Odhani

misty_drastifan thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Madhavi (Rushali Arora) and Khushboo (Khushboo Kochhar), from Rang Badalti Odhanion STAR One, are one of the hottest and most stylish saas and bahu respectively on the small screen. We catch up with them as they share their fashion mantras and give some style tips to fans.

How does it feel to be known as the hottest saas and bahu on TV?
Madhavi- I feel humbled and happy when fans call me the hottest saas. Actually, it's a lot of emotions mixed together (laughs).
Khushboo- Being called the hottest bahu is great, because some people have this perception that you can't be hot if you are married. It's funny that they expect you to turn obese and lose your dressing sense after marriage. I have been married since five years now, and feel proud when fans call me the hottest bahu.

Is your personal dressing style similar to you character or different?
Madhavi- Madhavi and Rushali's dressing is as different as chalk and cheese. I don't wear Indian outfits at all in real life. It's just the western look that works for me.

Khushboo- Khushboo is always seen in saris, but in real life, my Indian outfits have still not been unpacked since my wedding. I wear salwar kameez only during occasions like Karva Chauth or Diwali. I am most comfortable in dresses and T-shirts with shorts and pyjamas.

How would you define your character's look?
Madhavi- Madhavi is simple yet graceful. I do not wear much jewelry, but when I do, it does get noticed. Overall, it is a very modern and metro look.
Khushboo- Khushboo is very stylish. I love the skimpy blouses that show off my tattoos. I drape the sari with a lot of pleats, which makes me look crisp and thin.

What kind of compliments have you received for your look?
Madhavi- Everybody I know has commented that I don't look like a saas at all. I guess that is a huge compliment (laughs).
Khushboo- My birthday sequence will be aired tonight, and I have worn harem pants and a long T-shirt for that scene, which is like Kareena's Jab We Met look. My co-stars complimented me saying that I look much younger and nicer in that outfit. A while ago, I had imitated the Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi look, and Akshay complimented me saying that I didn't look ugly but cute instead.

Have you contributed towards your look in the show?
Madhavi- I have been involved in shaping my look for the show right from the beginning. I play an high-society woman living in South Mumbai, so I based my character on Ratna Pathak Shah's role in Sarabhai V/S Sarabhai. I will be in seventh heaven if I can play the role even half as well as she had done. I consciously kept my jewellery to a minimal, because today's woman does not have the time to spend hours decking up.
Khushboo- I give suggestions to my designers all the time. Ultimately, I have to wear the outfits, so I know best what suits me. I decide the contrast colours of my sari and blouse, and the accessories too. My designers take care of the fitting and other stuff.

Do you agree that the sari is the sexiest outfit?
Madhavi- Most Indian woman are curvaceous, and a sari definitely looks sexy on them. However, the outfit looks horrible on foreigners as they don't have the body to carry it off. Skinny people cannot carry off a sari well.
Khushboo- I believe that a sari is the perfect teaser for the man. It reveals a lot, but also hides whatever is required.

Which is the sari that you loved wearing on the show? Why?
Madhavi- My dress designers from Rang Badalti Odhani are very kind, and they give me a lot of outfits in my favourite colour - pink. I am crazy about pink. I had worn a pink sari with black polka dots in yesterday's episode, in the scene where I warn Shaan and Akshay that I will send their wives to their parental home if they don't treat them well. I just loved that outfit.
Khushboo-I had recently worn a deep purple sari with sequins and a black blouse, and I loved that look. I also like the rust sari with gold sequins that I wore in yesterday's episode. Another sari I really liked was a magenta and fuchsia pink one. Sometimes, I really wish I could take these beautiful saris home with me (laughs).

Which are your favourite accessories?
Madhavi- As I said earlier, my look in the show is very minimalistic. However, I wear beautiful gold kadas studded with diamonds, which are my favourite.
Khushboo- The rings that I sport in the show are my favourite. I have a stock of rings since I use my hands a lot when I act, and my hands are always well-manicured. I always wear a kada matching my outfit, along with a watch.

Which are your preferred make-up products?
Madhavi- I use my own make-up for the show, and I like to mix and match. I love the gold glitter that I use on my eyelids.
Khushboo- Studio Max 6 is an absolute favourite. It works like magic, and I always carry it in my handbag. It is all I need if I have to attend a meeting suddenly or go out clubbing. All women should posses it. I also can't do without lip gloss and mascara.

Suggest some fashion and style tips for fans…
Madhavi- The most important advice is that if you are going out during the day, wear less make-up. Heavy make-up on the eyes and lips and garish multicoloured bindis make me cringe. You will look elegant and graceful if you avoid overdoing the make-up. If you feel comfortable with your look, those who look at you will feel good.
Khushboo- Avoid wearing dark colours during summer, and make sure to wear loose clothes. Also, wearing yellow and green together is the biggest fashion faux pas.

If you had to make one change in your look, what would it be?
Madhavi- I would do away with the wig (laughs). I had tried to remove the wig in the past, but everyone felt that I was looking too young to play Shaan and Akshay's mom, so I had to continue wearing it.
Khushboo- Given a chance, I would definitely include more western wear in Khushboo's wardrobe. I had worn a pink linen skirt with a blazer in the show some time back, when I visited Akshay's office. I wish I could visit his office more often (laughs).

Which TV/Bollywood actress do you feel carries off saris beautifully?
Madhavi- There are so many actresses who carry off saris beautifully. Sridevi looked great in Chandni. Zeenat Aman and Madhuri Dixit always look hot in a sari. Any actress who is curvaceous looks sensuous in a sari.
Khushboo- Katrina Kaif looked gorgeous in a sari in the Teri Ore song from Singh Is Kinng. She is voluptuous, and carried off the look well. Priyanka Chopra too looked great in the Desi Girl song, and so did Sushmita Sen in Main Hoon Na.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanakyasharan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
thnks but dear its already posted:)
jyothi1989 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail