Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani-UPD p.18 9/20

Misfit_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

alright, another fan fic. I'm going to be making this a fun-filled one, at least for now. I have the idea, but no clue how it's going to turn out. 😆 

Summary: When Angad Khanna, a second generation British Indian, had reluctantly agreed to come to India to meet potential wives, never in his wildest dreams had he imagined getting set up with someone like Kripa Sharma. He'd only agreed on meeting her because he'd imagined a girl from the homeland would be subserviant and would not interfere in his life. He could keep her on a leash as long as he gave her his credit card and introduced her to some of his friends' wifes. Easy enough. Boy was he wrong.

Part two: Feb 20th http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=169094&T PN=4

Part three: Feb. 28th http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=169094&P N=1&TPN=5

Part Four: Mar. 12th http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=169094&T PN=7

Part Five: Mar. 21st http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=169094&P N=1&TPN=11

Part Six: May 15th http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=169094&P N=1&TPN=15

Part Seven: September 20th http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=169094&T PN=18

Edited by yeh_ada_143 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Piku_S thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
sounds interesting
please continue soon
Misfit_ thumbnail
thanks guys. I'm starting the first part right now, but I'll finish it tomorrow and post it as it's 1 AM here already.
Pachu.P thumbnail
hmmmmmmmmmm...quite intresting!!

plz continue soon!!!
Misfit_ thumbnail
Oh god. He's arriving today. I've seen his picture. Good looking, to say the least. His eyes really attracted me. They even livened up that photograph. He owns a fashion house in London with boutiques all over the world. Funny, he doesn't have one in India. God, I really hope he's one of those stuck-up, arrogant NRIs who think they're better than the rest of us. Mama and Papa assured me that I wouldn't regret marrying him. After all, out parents have been best friends for years, and they would treat me as their own daughter. Well, I certainly hope he doesn't treat me like his own sister.

Kripa Sharma is a 21-yr-old fine arts graduate. She wasn't sure what she really wanted in life. She was a painter, a writer, a fashion designer, a poet, a singer and a dancer. Of course, this was within the walls of her home. On the inside, Kripa was bursting with creativity. Three things she loved in life: her family, her country, and art. If anyone ever said anything against these three, they would face her wrath. Her father, though a strict man, loved his children dearly, especially Kripa. She was the apple of his eye, and his youngest daughter. He just wanted her to be happy and settled in life, and he thought marriage would finally make Kripa take her life seriously, and make her aware of her responsibilities. And who better to get Kripa married to than his best friend's son.

Hmm, this black and red churidar looks nice, I think I'll wear it. I hope mom doesn't make me change into a sari. I mean, it's just the initial meeting. Better if it's kept casual. I wonder if he prefers jeans and tshirt? Well, too bad, because I don't change my style for anyone. If he doesn't like me the way I am, then, well it's his loss.

With that, she gave her hair a little flip and walked out.
---------------------------------------------------------
Great, I'm finally here. I was almost hoping they'd cancel the flight or something. I've only been to India once, and as far as I remember, I hated it! I don't understand how these people can stand the dust and dirt and crappy weather and stinky food. Food, great. I have to eat Indian food for at least a few weeks now. I can't believe I let my parents talk me into coming to this godforsaken country again, and for what?! Getting married! Well, at least she'll be a homely type of girl, so I can do whatever I wish with my life, and she won't have the guts to speak up against me. I saw her picture the other day. Pretty, but of course since I work with so many supermodels on a daily basis, she's nothing spectacular.

Angad Khanna. At age 25, he was one of the most successful South Asian bachelors not only in the UK, but also all over the world, and that's exactly what he hated. The term "South Asian" attached to him. It was like a bad parasite that wouldn't leave. Since childhood, Angad had always rejected his identity as an Indian. He only identified himself as British. He agreed to this marriage, or at least, meeting this girl for one simple reason: he wanted a girl that would not question him or his way of living.

Mom and Dad seem happy. They should be, at least I'm doing something to make their long-awaited dream come true. I'm marrying their best friend's daughter. Last time I was here, I was around 7 years old, and I don't remember meeting this Kripa. I did meet her parents though. They seem very nice. I can't imagine her to be any worse.

Today my future son-in-law arrives. I'm thrilled beyond words, yet also a bit scared. Kripa, she's still a kid at heart. I hope I'm not taking a wrong decision by fixing her wedding. The last thing I want is to feel like a failed father. This alliance will bring a lot of happiness to both our families, but will Kripa be happy? I wish the best for my child. I hope this marriage will make her realize that life isn't fun and games. There are responsibilities to be taken.

Suryaban Sharma was a professor of psychology and principle of Nainital School of Arts and Sciences. He was a strict man on the surface, but a very kind hearted and loving person on the inside. He loved his wife and kids more than himself. He always spoiled Kripa, his youngest daughter. A bit too much, if you asked his wife. Him and his best friend, Dilip Khanna and their wives had decided a long time ago that one day Kripa and Angad would get married. Over the years, that promise seemed to be deteriorating, but one day the Sharma's received a call from the Khanna's saying that Angad had agreed.

Dad said I couldn't go to the airport. I love going to the airport and watching planes fly. He said I should stay at home and help mom get ready for the guests. What's there to get ready for? Oh, there comes mom complaining about how the room isn't clean enough. How much cleaner does she want it? She even had my paintings moved to my room. Why? For those foreign returns? I don't like them already. I can't believe my entire life is being turned upside down just so some NRI can accept me. NRI. Non-Reliable Indian. Aane do unko. They don't know what Kripa is yet, and I will surely show them. Great, they'll be here in 20 mins, I better go get ready.

Hmm, Nainital isn't as bad as I had imagined. It's quite picturesque, but still the dirt and dust is there. The minute I came out of the airport, I could smell the food. Almost made me sick to my stomach. And this road, I swear it feels like I'm sitting in a bullock-cart. I was hoping to see my future wife, what's her name, Kripa at the airport. But she must be busy cooking and cleaning at home. Haha, am I here to look for a wife or a maid?

Okay, this part was kind of an introduction to some characters. I know it's kind of boring now, but it'll get more fun once Angad and Kripa meet. Leave ur comments.
Piku_S thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
👏 👏 👏
great starting
plz write soon
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
great intro 👏
im hooked continue soon
Simply.confused thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ada ji ... awesome start.... 👏 love the story line concept... cant wait for ur next part.. and do continue ur other fan fic kismet 😳 😳 😳
Pooja922 thumbnail
hey! its a fantastic start! its very different...cant wait to read more...continue soon! 😉
Misfit_ thumbnail
thanks everyone...ill continue tonight..I'm having a writer's block with my other fanfic, but ill try to continue that as well